TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Drugs, Alcohol and Addiction Whether you are combating substance abuse or struggling with another addiction such as gambling, this forum is here to provide support and answer your questions.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
hydra. Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Kate

Points: 8,862, Level: 13 Points: 8,862, Level: 13 Points: 8,862, Level: 13

Question Worried about addiction. - April 30th 2010, 02:52 AM

Hellooo, I'm new here.. as some of you may know. So aside from the intro post, this is my first.

I have bad anxiety problems, so awhile back my mom started sharing her .5mg xanax (she rarely takes them), that way I wouldn't be so panicky all the time. At the time, I only took them when I absolutely needed them. But around three or four months ago I started taking them every single day and all I needed was that .5mg to really make me calm. Then it increased to me needing 1mg a day and just kept going up.

Now I'm up to taking 2mg around three times a day. Whenever I ask my mom for a xanax she's completely trusting enough to let me get it myself, and I end up taking around six sometimes seven at a time so I don't have to ask her anymore that day and she won't get suspicious.

I ran out of them last night though, and my mom's running really low on them so I'm trying to cut back before she notices. So now I'm really shaky, I have a terrible headache and I'm snapping at anyone who even says hi to me. I've thrown up a few times too. I'm pretty sure these are withdrawals, but I keep shoving it off as I just caught a bug cause that's what I want to believe.

I don't want to think I'm addicted, but I'm pretty sure I am. To me it's the best feeling in the world and there's nothing that could compare to how it is.

Anyways.. sorry for the kinda long post, I just wanted to give a full description of what's going on with me so it would be easier to help me figure out what I really need to do. Cause at the moment.. I'm totally at ends.

"If it leaves a bad taste,
you need to wash it down.
"
In-Flight Safety: Model Home

(#2 (permalink)) Old
FriendZoneMayor Offline
My lovelife is the Hokey-Pokey
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Summer/Shawn

Points: 19,250, Level: 20 Points: 19,250, Level: 20 Points: 19,250, Level: 20

Re: Worried about addiction. - April 30th 2010, 01:44 PM

I think you should talk to her and explain what's been going on so you can go to the doctor and get your own perscription...

“I can only hope that they’ll turn that anger and frustration and madness into something positive, so that two, three, four, five hundred will step forward, so the gay doctors will come out, the gay lawyers, the gay judges, gay bankers, gay architects … I hope that every professional gay will say ‘enough’, come forward and tell everybody, wear a sign, let the world know. Maybe that will help.” Harvey Milk, 1978

http://amanoutofyou.tumblr.com
Closed Thread