TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Substance Use Whether you are combating substance abuse, are in search support, or have questions about drugs or alcohol, ask in this forum.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Meli Offline
Sickening Eyes<3
Not a n00b

Name: Melissa(:

Marijuana.. - June 9th 2011, 03:52 AM

I'm going to be straight here with everyone: I smokeweed... I know its "unattractive" or whateverfor a girl but it helps me get through life and i've been doing alot of research on it... why the HELL is it illegal?! Like honestly.. i dont understand whats bad about it..

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Maloo Offline
Maloooooo
I can't get enough

Name: Lissa

Re: Marijuana.. - June 9th 2011, 03:54 AM

You shouldn't use weed to "get through life." You should find ways of dealing with your stress other than illegal drugs. If it ever became legal, than whatever, if that's what you want to do, so be it. But it is illegal, and you're risking getting into a lot of trouble.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
BethanyAnn Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Bethany

Re: Marijuana.. - June 9th 2011, 04:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myss View Post
You shouldn't use weed to "get through life." You should find ways of dealing with your stress other than illegal drugs. If it ever became legal, than whatever, if that's what you want to do, so be it. But it is illegal, and you're risking getting into a lot of trouble.
I agree maybe you need to use a different method to "get through life" and illegal drugs isn't the way

"Have no fear for giving in, Have no fear for giving over
You'd better know that in the end, Its better to say too much, Than never to say what you need to say again" - John Mayer

Send a message via Yahoo to BethanyAnn Send a message via Skype™ to BethanyAnn 
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Batman. Offline
Protector of Gotham
I can't get enough

Name: Julz

Re: Marijuana.. - June 9th 2011, 03:19 PM

Hey,

Well, the reasons marijuana is illegal are unclear to me, but that's probably because I live in Canada, where it's used medicinally.

However, I do know that one issue is that it's a substance that alters your mind. But on that note, alcohol should be illegal too, if that's their reasoning.

Or maybe the fact that it's harmful, due to breathing in smoke? Well, cigarettes are too, so they should be illegal, if that's the reasoning.

Basically, the biggest reason is because of the fact that many industries would be overtaken if marijuana became legal. The plants have various uses, besides "getting high". You can use hemp to make paper, clothing, fuel, and smoking marijuana, or getting capsules made with THC, can help various medical issues.

So that takes out part of the forestry industry (or whatever they call it, the ones who make paper and such), takes over some of the cotton industry, eliminates the need to cause war for oil (which well, America has the biggest problem with, as we all know), and takes out part of the pharmaceutical industry.

Honestly, there ARE risks to smoking marijuana, but there are benefits too. However, since it's illegal, and you're under 18, I highly suggest you not smoke it. But, since I can't make you stop, I hope that if you continue, you'll at least be careful about it. Because, even if it doesn't make sense for it to be illegal, it still is, and you're still breaking the law.

Dare to be Different, to be Weird, to be a Freak.
Overall, Dare to be yourself.

Stamp Out Prejudice Hatred and Intolerance Everywhere
The Sophie Lancaster Foundation

1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
Meli Offline
Sickening Eyes<3
Not a n00b

Re: Marijuana.. - June 9th 2011, 06:11 PM

Everything you guys are saying its true :/ I'm trying to stop, I am. but it's hard.

(#6 (permalink)) Old
brokensmilexx Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Sara

Re: Marijuana.. - June 9th 2011, 08:26 PM

Stop smoking it before you can't get out of the habit..trust me.
If your friends all smoke weed, maybe you should start hanging out with different people? Try and keep yourself away from situations where weed is.
If your smoking it because it 'helps you get through life' ..that's not a good thing. Eventually you'll depend on the high it gives you just to get through the day.

I've seen a lot of people gone through it, and I'm going through it myself.
Weed is a temporary fix, not a solution.
And once the high wears off sometimes you feel 2 times worse then before..then you get high again to get rid of the feelings, then later feel horrible again, then you get high again.. and so on. Its a never ending cycle.

How long have you been smoking weed?
If you haven't for that long then cut cold turkey.

Best of luck (:

ps; sorry I have no idea why its illegal.. things would be so much easier if it was legal xp

Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don’t matter and those who matter don’t mind.

"Live your life and risk it all
take some chances, take the fall
take your time, no need to hurry
have some fun, and never worry ♥"

(#7 (permalink)) Old
FriendZoneMayor Offline
My lovelife is the Hokey-Pokey
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Summer/Shawn

Re: Marijuana.. - June 9th 2011, 08:49 PM

One of the reasons Marijuana is now illegal in the US is because back when it was legal, there was a smaller supply of it, and huge drug wars broke out. The government didn't make it illegal so people would stop smoking it, but so the drug wars would stop, or at least chill out a bit.

“I can only hope that they’ll turn that anger and frustration and madness into something positive, so that two, three, four, five hundred will step forward, so the gay doctors will come out, the gay lawyers, the gay judges, gay bankers, gay architects … I hope that every professional gay will say ‘enough’, come forward and tell everybody, wear a sign, let the world know. Maybe that will help.” Harvey Milk, 1978

http://amanoutofyou.tumblr.com

(#8 (permalink)) Old
Stupidity Kills
Outside, huh?

Re: Marijuana.. - June 10th 2011, 04:34 AM

I tend to not believe people on here when they say they've done a lot of research on the drug because from what I've seen, their research produces limited knowledge that is not always correct. Anyway, your thread isn't about the research you've done. In terms of why marijuana is illegal, it has a rather funny answer.

For most of its documented time by humans, it was legal but in certain states during the 18th century, it was illegal if you did NOT grow enough weed because its uses weren't just smoking, it could be used to make clothing, canvas, rope, etc... . One possible reason for why it initially became legal is from the Church's reaction when Christians (Mormons in specific) were found crossing it across state lines and using it, however, this is a very controversial speculation as some experts/scholars will agree or disagree on it.

A more accepted reason why it was made illegal was racist attitudes toward Mexicans and Blacks, such as statements made by Harry Anslinger, Director of the Federal Bureau of Narcotics as well as William Randolph Hearst, who owned a newspaper business and held strong racist views. Some deem Anslinger to be the first "drug czar".

http://www.druglibrary.org/schaffer/.../mustomj1.html

http://www.druglibrary.org/schaffer/History/whiteb1.htm

http://www.druglibrary.org/schaffer/...ies/nc/nc2.htm

http://www.drugwarrant.com/articles/...juana-illegal/

I can rip you off, and steal all your cash, suckerpunch you in the face, stand back and laugh. Leave you stranded as fast as a heart-attack.
- Danko Jones (I Think Bad Thoughts)

(#9 (permalink)) Old
Gidig Offline
Optimistic pessimist
I can't get enough

Name: Maria

Re: Marijuana.. - June 10th 2011, 08:13 AM

To be perfectly honest, in some places you really don't get in a lot of legal trouble, and for a good reason. Here in Colorado, you can even grow weed legally with a medical card. (Not Federally, but that's a different story) Even without it, you can carry up to an ounce and still have it be a petty offense.

I'll be honest as well and say I do smoke. But when I realize I'm to the point that I'm smoking because I need to be high to get through life, I stop smoking for a good while, like at least a few months.

I also don't understand, and can't comprehend the fact that alcohol is legal and weed is not. I've gotten in fights with people because of alcohol, I've lost friends, got myself into awful situations, and have seen people die from alcohol. But I've never heard that much bad things about weed that can be backed up by evidence.

Yes, some people can't handle weed, and they let it control their life. If you feel like you're that kind of person, don't do it. Don't let it take over your life. But you should do the research, and figure out for yourself if you really want to smoke. After you see some of the effects of evaluate where it lies in your life, you may realize you shouldn't smoke, and that's okay. But if not, don't feel bad about it, just be safe.

And on top of that, DO know the laws around you. Not only your laws for possession, but also your rights if a police officer ever comes up to you. And don't ever let a cop hassle or threaten you into not doing what's within your legal limits. And when making your decision if you want to smoke or not, decide if you would be okay with the consequences. When you carry it in a car, think if you got pulled over with that, and the car got searched, would you be okay with what happens then?

Be smart, be safe. <3
You can PM me if you ever want to talk. =)
Maria.

The best wayout is always through~
-Robert Frost

Proud member of the LGBT community.

(#10 (permalink)) Old
Meli Offline
Sickening Eyes<3
Not a n00b

Re: Marijuana.. - June 11th 2011, 05:37 AM

well, It's not like im CRAZY with it either lol. I smoked it 3 times in the pasttwo months.. I only do it sometimes. nd also, I live in miami, so its easy to get away with.. lol but, just to clear that up, it most definetly doesnt CONTROL me. i do it max, like 6 times a month.

(#11 (permalink)) Old
U s e r n a m e Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Marijuana.. - June 15th 2011, 12:55 AM

As long as it doesn't have a negative effect on performance in school, social life, or family life, I see no problem with it. Most people are too afraid or misinformed on the matter, but it is also important to respect people's decision to abstain based on moral values, religious values, or respect for the law (however misguided the law in question is). I blaze more or less daily and haven't experienced any negative effects, so more power to you! Ent pride.

(#12 (permalink)) Old
Just Keep Going Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Fred

Re: Marijuana.. - June 15th 2011, 02:10 AM

I'm not the smartest person but I think I remember somebody saying that the government wouldn't be able to control how much people grew so they wouldn't make too much money off selling it unless it was dirt cheap.
Besides i'm in Canada, everybody and their grandparents do it.
I get high pretty much everyday but I try to not let it control me, or make me lazy.

(#13 (permalink)) Old
killrsRquiet Offline
Not a n00b

Re: Marijuana.. - June 15th 2011, 05:40 AM

you need to stop now because it actually is addictive despite whatever the f*ck everyone says you just dont go through withdraw like all the other drugs. and its always unhealthy to to use something like that to deal with problems in general you need to try and find other ways to cope and deal with your life. and yeah its not always easy but an answer does exist trust me.
and ALOT of people say they have control at first but then it does take over without them realizing

"i wasn't very much fun to be with anyway"
- Slipknot

(#14 (permalink)) Old
Meli Offline
Sickening Eyes<3
Not a n00b

Re: Marijuana.. - June 15th 2011, 05:52 PM

It's really NOT addicting tho... I started in march.. did it twice in march, a couple times after that.. last time i did it was in may... and i dont need it. if it was addictive i'd really want it.. i dont even like think about it. i only do it when someone mentions that they have.. its really not addicting, coming from someone who does it.

(#15 (permalink)) Old
killrsRquiet Offline
Not a n00b

Re: Marijuana.. - June 16th 2011, 05:32 AM

eh idk im sticking to what i just leanred in health and i know that it can be addicting for a fact

"i wasn't very much fun to be with anyway"
- Slipknot

(#16 (permalink)) Old
Maloo Offline
Maloooooo
I can't get enough

Re: Marijuana.. - June 16th 2011, 01:06 PM

The important part is that it's illegal, and therefore, you should quit. It can ruin a lot of things in your life if you get caught.

(#17 (permalink)) Old
Flying_Spirit Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Re: Marijuana.. - June 16th 2011, 01:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by killrsRquiet View Post
you need to stop now because it actually is addictive despite whatever the f*ck everyone says you just dont go through withdraw like all the other drugs. and its always unhealthy to to use something like that to deal with problems in general you need to try and find other ways to cope and deal with your life. and yeah its not always easy but an answer does exist trust me.
and ALOT of people say they have control at first but then it does take over without them realizing
Ok I'll be frank I go through phases when I use a lot of it and then I won't touch it for a long time. I have never seen anyone become addicted to it and I know a lot of people who do it or have done it.

Also just to point out with other drugs there isn't always a withdrawal. It depends on the person but most people use marijuana because it is easy to get and it is safer. Also how can you judge people who use to get away from their problems? I know it is not right but who are you to judge? I am simply curious.

I have been using marijuana a long time and it still hasn't got to me. I know people a lot older too that have done it a lot longer and they could just walk away for months at a time just because.

(#18 (permalink)) Old
Meli Offline
Sickening Eyes<3
Not a n00b

Re: Marijuana.. - June 16th 2011, 04:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by killrsRquiet View Post
eh idk im sticking to what i just leanred in health and i know that it can be addicting for a fact
If you ONLY go by that health book that you read, and certain books that you read, you will never have your own opinion and you'll never know whats true or not! If you go to public school, their books say evolution is true.. If you go to private school, their books say God is true.. SO which book is right?
You need to do your OWN research, or if its something about the addictiveness or non-addictivenes (is that a word? ) Of marijuana.. How about you take it from SOMEONE WHO'SDONE IT. It's really not addictive. Yes it's illegal, but honestly, especially here in miami, you really dont get introuble for it unless you're a dealer, you're growing some, or you're part of a drug ring.. All of the above, I am not. I'm a recreational smoker, meaning i do it every once in a while, sometimes for fun, sometimes to give me a break from the stress. Idont feel WORSE once I get off the high. I know my problems are still there.. It just gives me a little break, I come back, Have to deal with it again.. It's not that big of an issue :/ you just cant automatically assume that what one source says is true.

(#19 (permalink)) Old
Maloo Offline
Maloooooo
I can't get enough

Re: Marijuana.. - June 16th 2011, 06:37 PM

My best friend got caught with pot in his car, and he ended up losing all of his financial aid for college because of the charges. I don't know the laws from state to state, all I know is what happened to him.

(#20 (permalink)) Old
Meli Offline
Sickening Eyes<3
Not a n00b

Re: Marijuana.. - June 16th 2011, 06:52 PM

lol yeah ,but it's different here. If you have a little, they'll confiscate it and probably charge you a fine. But Miami is too big of a city and too many people do it. If they had those consequences for EVERYONE here in miami who was caught with weed, we'd all be fucked lol If you're growing it, you're a distributor, or a seller, or something along those lines its a diff story, but for someone who just has a little, its not that big of a deal

(#21 (permalink)) Old
brokensmilexx Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Sara

Re: Marijuana.. - June 16th 2011, 07:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meli View Post
It's really NOT addicting tho... I started in march.. did it twice in march, a couple times after that.. last time i did it was in may... and i dont need it. if it was addictive i'd really want it.. i dont even like think about it. i only do it when someone mentions that they have.. its really not addicting, coming from someone who does it.
The only way you can actually get addicted to it is if your smoking it like everyday. If its something that turns into a daily routine then its usually a problem, and a sign of addiction.
Seeing as you don't smoke it all the time you shouldn't worry
Enjoy the ganja ;] lol

Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don’t matter and those who matter don’t mind.

"Live your life and risk it all
take some chances, take the fall
take your time, no need to hurry
have some fun, and never worry ♥"

(#22 (permalink)) Old
Meli Offline
Sickening Eyes<3
Not a n00b

Re: Marijuana.. - June 17th 2011, 01:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brokensmilexx View Post
The only way you can actually get addicted to it is if your smoking it like everyday. If its something that turns into a daily routine then its usually a problem, and a sign of addiction.
Seeing as you don't smoke it all the time you shouldn't worry
Enjoy the ganja ;] lol
Haha, I will i will(;

(#23 (permalink)) Old
monkuar Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Marijuana.. - June 19th 2011, 11:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
Hey,

Well, the reasons marijuana is illegal are unclear to me, but that's probably because I live in Canada, where it's used medicinally.

However, I do know that one issue is that it's a substance that alters your mind. But on that note, alcohol should be illegal too, if that's their reasoning.

Or maybe the fact that it's harmful, due to breathing in smoke? Well, cigarettes are too, so they should be illegal, if that's the reasoning.

Basically, the biggest reason is because of the fact that many industries would be overtaken if marijuana became legal. The plants have various uses, besides "getting high". You can use hemp to make paper, clothing, fuel, and smoking marijuana, or getting capsules made with THC, can help various medical issues.

So that takes out part of the forestry industry (or whatever they call it, the ones who make paper and such), takes over some of the cotton industry, eliminates the need to cause war for oil (which well, America has the biggest problem with, as we all know), and takes out part of the pharmaceutical industry.

Honestly, there ARE risks to smoking marijuana, but there are benefits too. However, since it's illegal, and you're under 18, I highly suggest you not smoke it. But, since I can't make you stop, I hope that if you continue, you'll at least be careful about it. Because, even if it doesn't make sense for it to be illegal, it still is, and you're still breaking the law.
It is not just used medicinally in canada it's also not ILLEGAL......

(#24 (permalink)) Old
justme Offline
Not a n00b

Name: kat

Re: Marijuana.. - June 25th 2011, 11:40 PM

Well, let me first start off by saying that its not a good way to "get through life."

I smoke too, but its not something that will give you the same high each time. For me, personally, if i'm with good friends, i'll be in an amazing mood all night and wake up happy and well rested. But theres been times when it sucks, too. Just cuz i started out the night in a bad mood.
Where i live, marijuana is legal if you apply for a card. Medicinally, it has some benefits. Like it helps nausea and anxiety for me.

To each their own, is how i see it. It's federally illegal everywhere in the US, you have to assume all risks when you smoke it.
It's a great thing for some people, like myself, but if it makes you feel uncomforable, or goes against your morals, as with anything, dont do it.
Just weigh the risks and benefits and decide for yourself.

PM me anytime.

-Kat

(#25 (permalink)) Old
Batman. Offline
Protector of Gotham
I can't get enough

Name: Julz

Re: Marijuana.. - June 27th 2011, 04:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkuar View Post
It is used medicinally, but it isn't Legal. It's Decriminalized, meaning that a small amount won't get you charged. You can't have unlimited supplies of it, and if you have over 1/2 an ounce or so (or over an ounce, I forget), you CAN get charged and/or arrested.

Know what you're talking about before posting on the subject.

Dare to be Different, to be Weird, to be a Freak.
Overall, Dare to be yourself.

Stamp Out Prejudice Hatred and Intolerance Everywhere
The Sophie Lancaster Foundation

(#26 (permalink)) Old
Ryan1 Offline
A Man Of My Word
I've been here a while

Name: Ryan

Re: Marijuana.. - June 28th 2011, 11:58 PM

A bill of parliament was passed on 6/7/2011. Less than 14 grams of marijuana is NOT considered a criminal offence. Now in court it’s seen as a minor scenario. Smoking weed is common enough people do it, its illegal and there are risks with using it. It seems harmless at first but I’ve seen it get ugly. At a high school near my house a guy got stabbed over a $10 marijuana deal. This grade 11 student died. The other now criminal, will never see the light of day again. Over what, a “plant” it doesn’t sound so innocent anymore.

I had a faze with it to. Going through high school my best friends turned on me over it. Thankfully I quit got a job. Now on the weekend hang out with a good group of people. It’s nice because we don’t nickel-n-dime each other.

Meli I see where you’re coming from but truthfully you shouldn’t use weed to get through life. That’s a sad excuse not to quit. Drugs should not be used to fix problems in your life, a bad day shouldn’t be correct with a joint. Some people have a lot of bad days. Try to find other ways to relive stress. I’ve always like to draw my emotions on paper. Find something random and try it.

(#27 (permalink)) Old
Meli Offline
Sickening Eyes<3
Not a n00b

Re: Marijuana.. - June 30th 2011, 04:07 PM

yeah, im finding other ways to get through everything, but still, i dont see why I should quit ,for now atleast. Im getting to the point where I only do it ocasionally and for fun. I dont think theres any problems with that(:

(#28 (permalink)) Old
Zentman J Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Julian

Re: Marijuana.. - July 8th 2011, 04:10 PM

I, so you could say, have recently been using Mary Jane. Each time I use it, I make sure I'm with good friends that I've known for a good amount of time. I would never do it by myself. I wouldn't really do it to get through my problems either, only on occasion for fun when I'm with friends and they have it. I think I'm pretty ok. Not to messed up, ya know.
As for it being illegal, I honestly don't care. I know it'll fuck me up if we get caught, but what's life without taking risks? Boring as hell. That's something weed also helps. It makes life a hell of a lot less boring. Even if it's only once a month (or less) - It makes life a little more exciting, and makes me want to live it to it's full potential. Most of the time, I'm living it awesomely with weed.
So my advice if you do it, make sure it's a safe place you're familiar with and with people you've known for a while. Do drive while high either, I would of thought it'd be roughly the same effect as alcohol if you did weed and drove. If you're gonna go somewhere, have someone sober do it for you. Be safe!

Let nothing pass, for every hand
Must find some work to do,
Lose not a chance to waken love—
Be firm and just and true.
So shall a light that cannot fade
Beam on thee from on high,
And angel voices say to thee—
"These things shall never die."

~ Charles Dickens (1812-1870)

(#29 (permalink)) Old
Meli Offline
Sickening Eyes<3
Not a n00b

Re: Marijuana.. - July 10th 2011, 04:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zentman J View Post
I, so you could say, have recently been using Mary Jane. Each time I use it, I make sure I'm with good friends that I've known for a good amount of time. I would never do it by myself. I wouldn't really do it to get through my problems either, only on occasion for fun when I'm with friends and they have it. I think I'm pretty ok. Not to messed up, ya know.
As for it being illegal, I honestly don't care. I know it'll fuck me up if we get caught, but what's life without taking risks? Boring as hell. That's something weed also helps. It makes life a hell of a lot less boring. Even if it's only once a month (or less) - It makes life a little more exciting, and makes me want to live it to it's full potential. Most of the time, I'm living it awesomely with weed.
So my advice if you do it, make sure it's a safe place you're familiar with and with people you've known for a while. Do drive while high either, I would of thought it'd be roughly the same effect as alcohol if you did weed and drove. If you're gonna go somewhere, have someone sober do it for you. Be safe!
I completely agree(: Inever do it alone and i do it with people who iknow will tell me to stop when im doing to much. (:

(#30 (permalink)) Old
Veni Vidi Vici Offline
Experienced TeenHelper

Re: Marijuana.. - July 10th 2011, 08:45 AM

I've been reading this thread and I'm happy you're trying to get over this drug. Take it from a past user, this isn't something you want to get yourself into; I believe some studies have shown that even though something may not have addictive properties, if it makes you feel better, chances are there's even a very small chance you might not be able to stop when you want to. Take my friend for example. He used to smoke weed for fun, and now he's very uncomfortable if he goes more than two days without it. Obviously, he relapses every time.

I know sources keep saying that weed is some kind of 'natural' enhancer, and not addictive/harmful at all.. To a point, this is actually true, but remember that this isn't the norm as there's people who CAN'T stop using it so please stop!!!

Hope this helped, and good luck with this! If you need anything, pm me! Carpe Diem.

Carpe Diem: Seize the Day/Moment. -Horace

Veni, Vidi, Vici: I came, I saw, I conquered -Julius Caesar

(#31 (permalink)) Old
Zentman J Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Julian

Re: Marijuana.. - July 11th 2011, 04:28 AM

I just realized I had a typo. It should be "awesomely without weed" not "with" - Huge Typo, My Bad
Same w/ "Do Drive" - That should be "Don't"

Let nothing pass, for every hand
Must find some work to do,
Lose not a chance to waken love—
Be firm and just and true.
So shall a light that cannot fade
Beam on thee from on high,
And angel voices say to thee—
"These things shall never die."

~ Charles Dickens (1812-1870)

(#32 (permalink)) Old
eagleeye Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Thumbs up Re: Marijuana.. - July 12th 2011, 04:02 AM

hey look i know this is probly the thirtieth thousandth reply uve gotten but i have to tell you.. i used to be a pothead.. a biiggg pot head. now i know im off subject a lil here but wether people say its addictive or not, it is addictive and it is harmful. see when i was a pothead at first it doesnt seem like i needed it you know i just did it everyonce in a while to well relax right? first off my question is how are we such suckers to believe that what were feeling when were high is a good thing? idk about you but everytime ive been high my reactions to things slow down. my decision making skills suck and ontop of that i get this weird balence problem were it takes ten minutes to get out of my bed... im not gonna judge but i just have to say be carefull because i know peoples lives that have been ruined because of weed.. mine was for a lil while too . so try to be carefull because oneday you might regret ever doing it

(#33 (permalink)) Old
Meli Offline
Sickening Eyes<3
Not a n00b

Re: Marijuana.. - July 12th 2011, 04:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eagleeye View Post
hey look i know this is probly the thirtieth thousandth reply uve gotten but i have to tell you.. i used to be a pothead.. a biiggg pot head. now i know im off subject a lil here but wether people say its addictive or not, it is addictive and it is harmful. see when i was a pothead at first it doesnt seem like i needed it you know i just did it everyonce in a while to well relax right? first off my question is how are we such suckers to believe that what were feeling when were high is a good thing? idk about you but everytime ive been high my reactions to things slow down. my decision making skills suck and ontop of that i get this weird balence problem were it takes ten minutes to get out of my bed... im not gonna judge but i just have to say be carefull because i know peoples lives that have been ruined because of weed.. mine was for a lil while too . so try to be carefull because oneday you might regret ever doing it
I will(: This was a good reply. You're not telling me NOT to do it, Youre just telling me about your experiences and telling me to becareful! Thankyou(:

(#34 (permalink)) Old
Make Believe Offline
makes everything 20% cooler.
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Kayleigh

Re: Marijuana.. - July 12th 2011, 04:42 PM

Personally I see alcohol worse than weed. Alcohol can make people aggressive, violent, nasty and just unpleasant. From my experience weed just makes people a bit giggly and mellow. I'd prefer to be in a room full of people smoking weed than drinking alcohol.

I've smoked weed a few times but once it made me feel really sick, dizzy and a bit anxious so I don't think I'll touch it again.

I don't think you should use it to get through life though. I don't think any drug should help you get through life.

"Life isn't about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself."
  Send a message via MSN to Make Believe  
  (#35 (permalink)) Old
Stargazed. Offline
Outside, huh?

Re: Marijuana.. - July 12th 2011, 08:06 PM

i know a few people who use marijuana to "get through life" and it's ruined many aspects of their life. relationships, jobs, school, etc.
my mom got divorced cuz of it, my ex-boyfriend lost a lot of his family due to them smoking marijuana (as in he didn't wanna talk to them cuz they only cared about smoking weed).. my friends smoke weed cuz they think it's the best thing that is on this world. i personally smoked once in my entire life and it was about a month ago. i will admit that i enjoyed it.. but i wouldn't rely on it to help me get through life. i know there are other things to use to cope with the difficulties of life. i wish you luck with whatever you decide to do (quit, or not).. i'm only a pm away if you ever wanna talk! x

(#36 (permalink)) Old
Terry Offline
Canadian Bacon
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Terry

Re: Marijuana.. - July 13th 2011, 04:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkuar View Post
Not illegal for medicinal purpose, illegal in every other case. Please don't misinform people on stuff that could potentially get them into trouble with the law.

As for the rest of this topic, saying weed has no negative effect is wrong, and you CAN get addicted, as with anything else. When your body is so used to having something in it's system, you can get withdrawal symptoms when stopped suddenly, yes even from weed. But that would take massive amounts of consumption daily. People are more likely to get mentally addicted than physically addicted (which is honestly just as bad). It doesn't harm people nearly as much as most other drugs, or alcohol though. I agree that alcohol should be illegal long before weed.

It also apparently affects short term memory, according to my doctor, but I can't really verify that aside from saying that it was said by my doctor.

Self pity will not rescue you.
Sometimes we have to save our own lives,
not because no one else cares, but because no one else can.

Life for you has been less than kind
So take a number, stand in line
We've all been sorry, we've all been hurt
But how we survive is what makes us who we are.

Dreamed up the maps, give me the charcoal and the paper
We invent paths they cannot see, and they're too scared to walk

Only after disaster can we be resurrected. It's only after you've lost everything that you are free to do anything.

(#37 (permalink)) Old
EndureEmo Offline
because you are amazing anyway
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Eliza-Grace/Endure

Re: Marijuana.. - July 13th 2011, 12:01 PM

well i dont see why its illegal ... :P that my opinnion , dont judge me on it, im just having my say .

"Life isn't about how popular you are... What girl or boy you are dating or who you know. Life is about always being true to who you are or what you believe in. Never let anyone convince you that their way is better than your way. In the end all we have is our hearts... and our minds. This is the reason why we sing... this is the reason why we cry... this is why we live."

ANDY SIXX
  Send a message via MSN to EndureEmo  
  (#38 (permalink)) Old
Stupidity Kills
Outside, huh?

Re: Marijuana.. - July 15th 2011, 07:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry View Post
As for the rest of this topic, saying weed has no negative effect is wrong, and you CAN get addicted, as with anything else. When your body is so used to having something in it's system, you can get withdrawal symptoms when stopped suddenly, yes even from weed. But that would take massive amounts of consumption daily. People are more likely to get mentally addicted than physically addicted (which is honestly just as bad). It doesn't harm people nearly as much as most other drugs, or alcohol though. I agree that alcohol should be illegal long before weed.

It also apparently affects short term memory, according to my doctor, but I can't really verify that aside from saying that it was said by my doctor.
Marijuana does NOT affect only short-term memory, that is wrong. In terms of memory, it affects short-term memory AND working memory, in turn affecting learning. The problem with many of these studies is the fact marijuana is illegal, so researchers have to jump through plenty of hoops to obtain the drug for legal research purposes. The other problem is the subjects often used other drugs as well but may not be currently using them at the time of the study but some admit to only using marijuana.

There are many, many articles supporting this and it's not always clear-cut. One example is from the below study:

http://www.psych.rwth-aachen.de/ifp-...sychopharm.pdf (FULL TEXT PDF)

I can rip you off, and steal all your cash, suckerpunch you in the face, stand back and laugh. Leave you stranded as fast as a heart-attack.
- Danko Jones (I Think Bad Thoughts)

(#39 (permalink)) Old
Meli Offline
Sickening Eyes<3
Not a n00b

Re: Marijuana.. - July 15th 2011, 02:50 PM

I do not use Marijuana to "get through life" so if you are going to comment about that, you can stop lol. I said thatin the first post but that was like a month ago. I havent smoked since then, so no, I don't use it for that anymore. I do it recreationally. I do it when afriend has it and we have nthing else to do, just for fun sometimes(: Im CERTAINLY not addicted to it seeing as I have done it in I dont even know how long, I'm a straight A student so it sure as hell didnt affect my learning, and it's not controlling my life. I just don't understand why something like weed is illegal and alcohol is not. Weed can cause lung cancer (as can cigarettes which are legal), but alcohol causes liver failure. Weed alters your state of mind (the high), but so does alcohol (being drunk). There's no difference except how you feel. And I can say, out of personal experience, getting drunk is worse! You can get alcohol poisoning, it get's some people REALLY violent, you dont remember things that happen.. Atleast for me, with weed, I know EXACTLY what happened, and I'm not an IDIOT. Like yeah, Im a little slower, and I say REALLLLYYYYY dumb things (I'm really funny when im high lol) but Im not punching people and getting angry and I definetly rememebr everything that happens. And I know, not EVERYONE gets crazy stupid-faced drunk to the point that they cant remember things, but in my opinion, alcohol is worse... (DONT ATTACK ME Lol)

(#40 (permalink)) Old
jaii Offline
Not a n00b

Name: sophie

Re: Marijuana.. - July 24th 2011, 05:36 PM

if u know it is un-atractive then stop it, if you think that you need drugs to get through life, well, your wrong, and basically you can get help, so get it, loads of poeple are willing to help, so accept it.

Closed Thread