TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives


You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

  • Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!


Substance Use Whether you are combating substance abuse, are in search support, or have questions about drugs or alcohol, ask in this forum.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
  (#1 (permalink)) Old
Jesus paid it ALL.
I've been here a while
********
 
ALLorNOTHINGforCHRIST's Avatar
 
Name: Emily
Age: 28
Gender: Female
Location: Georgia( the U.S. state)

Posts: 1,928
Join Date: June 6th 2010

a wedding - August 8th 2011, 08:47 PM

So I am 20 as of today and in under two weeks my 21 year old cousin is getting married. (you must be 21 to drink legally in the states) Every time I get around alcohol I want some even though my school and very strict and traditional Christian school does not want you to have a DROP even after you are legal. I do not know if he plans to have alcohol at his soon to be wife parents' house after the wedding. What do I do the closer to legal I get the worse I want some. I am not going to be like hey cousin plan to have booze on wedding night, but if he does I seriously need to be able to enjoy the party and be happy for them whether than be jealous and wishing I turned 21 today instead of 20. What do I do?




url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]


PM me
All or nothing for Christ Was I love dogs

For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten son that whosoever believeth in Him should not parish, but have everlasting life John 3:16 ( 21st century King James Viersion)
   
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Meowwings Offline
Bri;)
Not a n00b
**
 
Meowwings's Avatar
 
Name: Briauna Hansen
Age: 25
Gender: Female
Location: Washington

Posts: 67
Join Date: October 27th 2010

Re: a wedding - August 8th 2011, 09:39 PM

What I can tell you is that sometimes people need that one night to know the effects(with supervision of trusted friends who won't drink that night) See, my parents used to drink. My dad even had alcohol poisoning on multiple occasions. He recently introduced us to his childhood church (LDS) which has a no tolorence level on alcohol. So If anything, make yourself aware of the dangers in alcohol before you go in blind. Plus, when you see her in that gown and the smile on his face that is just undescribable, alcohol may be the last thing on your mind
   
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Jesus paid it ALL.
I've been here a while
********
 
ALLorNOTHINGforCHRIST's Avatar
 
Name: Emily
Age: 28
Gender: Female
Location: Georgia( the U.S. state)

Posts: 1,928
Join Date: June 6th 2010

Re: a wedding - August 8th 2011, 10:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meowwings View Post
What I can tell you is that sometimes people need that one night to know the effects(with supervision of trusted friends who won't drink that night) See, my parents used to drink. My dad even had alcohol poisoning on multiple occasions. He recently introduced us to his childhood church (LDS) which has a no tolorence level on alcohol. So If anything, make yourself aware of the dangers in alcohol before you go in blind. Plus, when you see her in that gown and the smile on his face that is just undescribable, alcohol may be the last thing on your mind
See neither my church Baptist nor my school PHC really agrees with alcohol, but I believe it is OK and even HEALTHY as long as you do not get drunk and know your limits so I plan to breach that contract even now and then when I am legal.




url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]


PM me
All or nothing for Christ Was I love dogs

For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten son that whosoever believeth in Him should not parish, but have everlasting life John 3:16 ( 21st century King James Viersion)
   
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Guile Offline
Head Jimmie Rustler
I've been here a while
********
 
Guile's Avatar
 
Name: Guile
Gender: Male
Location: United States

Posts: 1,616
Join Date: January 24th 2010

Re: a wedding - August 9th 2011, 06:07 AM

Actually, legally speaking it is illegal to purchase alcohol if you are under 21, if you are in your parent's or legal guardian's home, you are allowed to drink, legally speaking, I can sourcd thise if you want, so you can drink.


Space Flight Awards

Geosynchronous Orbit (Kerbin)
Manned Capsule and return (Kerbin)
Space Station and Docking (Kerbin)
Equatorial/Polar Probe (Mun)
Landing Resulting in the Loss of a Kerbanaut (Mun)
   
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
Stupidity Kills
Outside, huh?
**********
 
OMFG!You'reActuallySmart!'s Avatar
 

Posts: 4,500
Blog Entries: 10
Join Date: December 19th 2009

Re: a wedding - August 9th 2011, 10:07 AM

I don't see how or why the school would be uptight about it as you're drinking off the school grounds at a religious event. If you get shitfaced, the school and church have no way to penalize you. Besides, you plan to breach their values anyway at the wedding, so might as well do it when others can watch you to make sure you don't get out of hand. I assume you plan to get shitfaced at the after-party. Although I'm not religious by any means, if I were your cousin, I wouldn't care if you got shitfaced so long as you didn't cause a mess at the wedding/celebration area. If your intoxication did cause a mess and still assuming I were your cousin, don't expect an ounce of sympathy for a while.


I can rip you off, and steal all your cash, suckerpunch you in the face, stand back and laugh. Leave you stranded as fast as a heart-attack.
- Danko Jones (I Think Bad Thoughts)
   
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
Jesus paid it ALL.
I've been here a while
********
 
ALLorNOTHINGforCHRIST's Avatar
 
Name: Emily
Age: 28
Gender: Female
Location: Georgia( the U.S. state)

Posts: 1,928
Join Date: June 6th 2010

Re: a wedding - August 9th 2011, 04:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Man And XX Master View Post
I don't see how or why the school would be uptight about it as you're drinking off the school grounds at a religious event. If you get shitfaced, the school and church have no way to penalize you. Besides, you plan to breach their values anyway at the wedding, so might as well do it when others can watch you to make sure you don't get out of hand. I assume you plan to get shitfaced at the after-party. Although I'm not religious by any means, if I were your cousin, I wouldn't care if you got shitfaced so long as you didn't cause a mess at the wedding/celebration area. If your intoxication did cause a mess and still assuming I were your cousin, don't expect an ounce of sympathy for a while.
no, I do not plan to get drunk even when it IS legal.




url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]


PM me
All or nothing for Christ Was I love dogs

For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten son that whosoever believeth in Him should not parish, but have everlasting life John 3:16 ( 21st century King James Viersion)
   
  (#7 (permalink)) Old
NevermindMe Offline
The Straight Edge Sniper
I've been here a while
********
 
NevermindMe's Avatar
 
Gender: Male

Posts: 1,816
Join Date: March 8th 2011

Re: a wedding - August 9th 2011, 04:55 PM

The Man And XX Master: You always have such propper terms. I actually laughed when I read "Shitfaced".

ALLorNOTHINGforCHRIST: I don't get the problem. If you don't want to drink, don't compromise your values due to peer pressure. If you do want to drink but your school might not like it, screw them just don't brag about it on school grounds.

I usually don't support underaged drinking, but you rae nearly old enough, you will be with family and you do not intend to get drunk. So I say go for it if it's what you want.

- Justin



"Buy it, use it, break it, fix it,
Trash it, change it, mail, upgrade it,
Charge it, point it, zoom it, press it,
Snap it, work it, quick, erase it,
Write it, cut it, paste it, save it,
Load it, check it, quick, rewrite it"
Technologic
   
  (#8 (permalink)) Old
Jesus paid it ALL.
I've been here a while
********
 
ALLorNOTHINGforCHRIST's Avatar
 
Name: Emily
Age: 28
Gender: Female
Location: Georgia( the U.S. state)

Posts: 1,928
Join Date: June 6th 2010

Re: a wedding - August 10th 2011, 07:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKmadu619 View Post
The Man And XX Master: You always have such propper terms. I actually laughed when I read "Shitfaced".

ALLorNOTHINGforCHRIST: I don't get the problem. If you don't want to drink, don't compromise your values due to peer pressure. If you do want to drink but your school might not like it, screw them just don't brag about it on school grounds.

I usually don't support underaged drinking, but you rae nearly old enough, you will be with family and you do not intend to get drunk. So I say go for it if it's what you want.

- Justin
My problem is I know it is wrong to break the law but I also KNOW I will be tempted if I think I can get away with it. If I were legal I would have no problem because I personally feel that when you are legal it is OK to drink so long as you do not get drunk.




url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]


PM me
All or nothing for Christ Was I love dogs

For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten son that whosoever believeth in Him should not parish, but have everlasting life John 3:16 ( 21st century King James Viersion)
   
  (#9 (permalink)) Old
Stupidity Kills
Outside, huh?
**********
 
OMFG!You'reActuallySmart!'s Avatar
 

Posts: 4,500
Blog Entries: 10
Join Date: December 19th 2009

Re: a wedding - August 10th 2011, 11:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALLorNOTHINGforCHRIST View Post
no, I do not plan to get drunk even when it IS legal.
Given the fact you said you would have no problem drinking away when you're legal, I have a hard time believing you would be able to control yourself and not get drunk. If you haven't drank before, how do you know what it feels like to be drunk? People also have different ideas of what being drunk is, some view being drunk when you're so intoxicated you cant stand on your own two feet, whereas others view being drunk when you get a bit past tipsy, and others go strictly by the legal definition.


I can rip you off, and steal all your cash, suckerpunch you in the face, stand back and laugh. Leave you stranded as fast as a heart-attack.
- Danko Jones (I Think Bad Thoughts)
   
  (#10 (permalink)) Old
Jesus paid it ALL.
I've been here a while
********
 
ALLorNOTHINGforCHRIST's Avatar
 
Name: Emily
Age: 28
Gender: Female
Location: Georgia( the U.S. state)

Posts: 1,928
Join Date: June 6th 2010

Re: a wedding - August 11th 2011, 01:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Man And XX Master View Post
Given the fact you said you would have no problem drinking away when you're legal, I have a hard time believing you would be able to control yourself and not get drunk. If you haven't drank before, how do you know what it feels like to be drunk? People also have different ideas of what being drunk is, some view being drunk when you're so intoxicated you cant stand on your own two feet, whereas others view being drunk when you get a bit past tipsy, and others go strictly by the legal definition.
I go by when you have trouble controlling yourself and you can drink and not get drunk, but this not a debate so let us not turn it into one.




url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]


PM me
All or nothing for Christ Was I love dogs

For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten son that whosoever believeth in Him should not parish, but have everlasting life John 3:16 ( 21st century King James Viersion)
   
  (#11 (permalink)) Old
Ashleylovesyou Offline
Member
Junior TeenHelper
****
 
Ashleylovesyou's Avatar
 
Name: ashley
Gender: Female
Location: upper michigan, USA

Posts: 284
Blog Entries: 3
Join Date: September 13th 2009

Re: a wedding - August 11th 2011, 07:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guile View Post
Actually, legally speaking it is illegal to purchase alcohol if you are under 21, if you are in your parent's or legal guardian's home, you are allowed to drink, legally speaking, I can sourcd thise if you want, so you can drink.

It depends on what the states laws are. For example, I live in Michigan and if your parents give you alcohol they can get in trouble. I am 16 and I can't even drive someone home who was drinking. But in Wisconsin, when I got see my dad, I can legally drink with him as long as I get my mom's permission because she has fully custody and rights of me.
   
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Tags
wedding

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off




All material copyright 1998-2019, TeenHelp.
Terms | Legal | Privacy | Conduct | Complaints

Powered by vBulletin®.
Copyright ©2000-2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search engine optimization by vBSEO.
Theme developed in association with vBStyles.