TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Substance Use Whether you are combating substance abuse, are in search support, or have questions about drugs or alcohol, ask in this forum.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
ac2 Offline
Not a n00b

friends doing drugs - September 17th 2011, 09:19 PM

I'm not to sure what to do all of my friends have been doing drugs for quite a while now. I used to smoke with them and that was all they would do is smoke it didnt bother me during the summer mainly because I wasn't doing anything but now that school has started back up I decided to stop and I didnt want to be around it much anymore but all of my friends still do and there trying even worse drugs then they were before. I don't want to stop being there friend but I also don't want to have the pressure of doing the drugs when I am around them. What do I do?

(#2 (permalink)) Old
MegaMadness Offline
Fight My Llama
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Megan

Re: friends doing drugs - September 20th 2011, 11:25 AM

Maybe only hang with them when they aren't doing drugs? Like if you know for instance at a certain party with certain people they'd be doing drugs maybe don't go to that. Instead hang out with them at other things, where they wouldn't do drugs hence no temptation. But if they are the type to drugs all the time that obviously won;t work. Instead you gotta figure out whether you could talk to them and ask them not to do drugs when they are wth you and see what happens with that or cut ties with them completely, and maybe hope that one day soon they'll stop with the drugs or just accept the fact they take drugs and still hang with them but just don;t take drugs yourself.
Good luck

Come on boys, come on girls
In this crazy, crazy world
Youíre the diamonds, youíre the pearls
Letís make a new tomorrow
Come on girls, come on boys
Itís your future, itís your choice
And your weapon is your voice
Letís make a new tomorrow
Today
follow me please. I'll follow back. http://photographicjournal.tumblr.com/

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Stupidity Kills
Outside, huh?

Re: friends doing drugs - September 20th 2011, 10:23 PM

Several of my friends smoke cigarettes and although this may not be the same drugs that your friends use, I devised a relatively simple way of dealing with this. Anytime they began smoking, I'd continue the conversation we were having but at a further distance so we'd each have to talk very loud (possibly even shout) while in public. For the most part, they felt awkward doing this, so we either stop talking and they finish up or they put it out early. My reasoning is if they want to smoke, I'll let them but I don't want to be as close to them.

Some other friends are heavy drinkers, three in particular (one becomes sad but then starts giggly happily, the other gets grumpy and may start a brawl, the third becomes quite funny and will screw anything). If we meet up and they want to drink, I'll let them but I make it clear that once they get too intoxicated to properly communicate, I may leave. If need be, I'll call a taxi or drive them home just so they don't do something foolish and we'll resume the conversation later. If they have a bit to drink but aren't too intoxicated to properly communicate, I stick around. For the second friend that becomes aggressive and violent, he's gotten into several fights with whoever is around. I'm more than happy to let him drink but if he becomes disruptive, I take away his drink and if he becomes violent toward me.The first and only time he did this to me, he was swinging around a beer bottle and demanding a fight. I refused to fight even after he swung at me several times but never connected. He started throwing and breaking all sorts of stuff, nothing that was sentimental or expensive but he was getting too out of hand so I threw down and put him into a joint lock then into a choke.

If my friends want to do drugs around me (providing it's nothing beyond marijuana, alcohol or cigarettes), I'm fine. A few have done magic mushrooms around me, although I wasn't aware they were on them and we were in the lab dissecting several animals with scapuls and other equipment.

I can rip you off, and steal all your cash, suckerpunch you in the face, stand back and laugh. Leave you stranded as fast as a heart-attack.
- Danko Jones (I Think Bad Thoughts)

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Lea

Re: friends doing drugs - September 22nd 2011, 06:28 PM

Just tell them how you feel about drugs and smoking or whatever they do you don't agreee with and they should respect your views.

The above post though is brilliant. But also maybe don't hang out with them when they do drugs or smoke or only talk to them as they do it.

I have friends who do drugs but they know how I feel about them and they respect that, sure I'll be offered but I say no and it does work, they ask much less now than ever.

love like woe

less than three <3

Closed Thread