TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives


You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

  • Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!


Substance Use Whether you are combating substance abuse, are in search support, or have questions about drugs or alcohol, ask in this forum.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
  (#1 (permalink)) Old
Member
Welcome me, I'm new!
*
 
EmptyBottlesBrokenRecords's Avatar
 
Name: Rebecca
Age: 22
Gender: Femme
Location: California

Posts: 38
Join Date: September 27th 2011

Question Adderoll. - September 28th 2011, 12:59 AM

Okay, so I have a lot to say [ask] about Adderoll.

Is it speed?
The research and stuff I've done on it all tell me that its speed, but then again I'm getting what I know from Yahoo Answers so it may not be very reliable. A senior girl in my drama class [she knows everything there is to know about every drug. or at least so hear, thats why I ask her] says that speed is meth, not adderoll.

Is Adderoll meth?
I'm really confused on this one. When I buy them, they say "M. Amphetamines" on the capsule. Doesn't that mean meth? That same girl says that meth is not adderoll. But then why would it say that? Or am i wrong on what it stands for?

How Hard is Adderoll?
How hard is it? In what ways will a 20mg pill affect a tiny framed girl who doesn't have ADHD? Besides the high. I mean chemically and stuff, ya know?

How long does the high last on average, and how can I make the crash not so terrible?
My highs have been about 6 hours. Is that average, or ..?
And like I said about the crashes. Is there any way to get around them? I usually smoke pot about 5.5 hours after I take it and that helps kind of.

Yes, this is the part where you tell me I shouldn't do drugs because it messes with my brain and functions and stuff because I'm only 14.

[if you have anything else you know about adderoll, please say it, thanks. i'd like to know as much as possible about it.]

   
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Dr.Bobby Offline
Psychologist
Senior TeenHelper
*******
 
Dr.Bobby's Avatar
 
Age: 61
Gender: Male

Posts: 864
Join Date: September 9th 2011

Re: Adderoll. - September 28th 2011, 01:25 AM

Rebecca, unfortunately for you, I'm the first to respond here. And unlike your friend (or Yahoo) that claim to know 'Everything' about meds..I actually do, and it's based on much sounder science!

Here's the deal (and you'll forgive me for being blunt). You'd be a fool to get Adderall illegally for the specific purpose of getting high. It isn't 'Meth' (which isn't a good thing for you, anyways), it isn't Coke, it isn't fun. It's a prescription medication that requires a doctors assessment and script, there's a reason these things are sold that way. Otherwise, they're dangerous substances. Using it as candy can result in serious problems (if, in fact it's actually Adderall you're actually getting and not rat poison).

Don't do this. And don't dismiss what I've said.


PM me with the link of the post you'd like me to respond to.
   
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Member
Welcome me, I'm new!
*
 
EmptyBottlesBrokenRecords's Avatar
 
Name: Rebecca
Age: 22
Gender: Femme
Location: California

Posts: 38
Join Date: September 27th 2011

Re: Adderoll. - September 28th 2011, 01:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Bobby View Post
Rebecca, unfortunately for you, I'm the first to respond here. And unlike your friend (or Yahoo) that claim to know 'Everything' about meds..I actually do, and it's based on much sounder science!

Here's the deal (and you'll forgive me for being blunt). You'd be a fool to get Adderall illegally for the specific purpose of getting high. It isn't 'Meth' (which isn't a good thing for you, anyways), it isn't Coke, it isn't fun. It's a prescription medication that requires a doctors assessment and script, there's a reason these things are sold that way. Otherwise, they're dangerous substances. Using it as candy can result in serious problems (if, in fact it's actually Adderall you're actually getting and not rat poison).

Don't do this. And don't dismiss what I've said.
I'm just wondering what the actual effects are. You have good intentions and all telling me not to do it, but theres nothing behind your statement that'll give me some actually reason not to. Just descriptive words like "dangerous" and "serious", which don't give me any idea on what could happen. I know what I'm doing isn't very smart [actually, I know its pretty stupid, but yeah.]

And yeah I know meth isn't good for me. I was asking if it was meth because i was starting to freak out over all the stuff I had heard about meth.
   
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Dr.Bobby Offline
Psychologist
Senior TeenHelper
*******
 
Dr.Bobby's Avatar
 
Age: 61
Gender: Male

Posts: 864
Join Date: September 9th 2011

Re: Adderoll. - September 28th 2011, 01:47 AM

Rebecca, it really is too bad you're stuck with me, here, eh?

If you know it's 'bad' or "stupid" to do, what difference does it make exactly what can happen? Go online, and look it up. However, any prescription medication used inappropriately (without MD supervision and thru a reputable pharmacy) can result in death...or as I like to also point out, worse, you could become a vegetable. That's if it's actual Adderall. Often, dealers use strychnine (Rat poison) and sell it as speed, meth, Ritalin, Adderall, etc.

Better to control those urges and show better judgement.


PM me with the link of the post you'd like me to respond to.
   
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
Member
Welcome me, I'm new!
*
 
EmptyBottlesBrokenRecords's Avatar
 
Name: Rebecca
Age: 22
Gender: Femme
Location: California

Posts: 38
Join Date: September 27th 2011

Re: Adderoll. - September 28th 2011, 01:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Bobby View Post
Rebecca, it really is too bad you're stuck with me, here, eh?

If you know it's 'bad' or "stupid" to do, what difference does it make exactly what can happen? Go online, and look it up. However, any prescription medication used inappropriately (without MD supervision and thru a reputable pharmacy) can result in death...or as I like to also point out, worse, you could become a vegetable. That's if it's actual Adderall. Often, dealers use strychnine (Rat poison) and sell it as speed, meth, Ritalin, Adderall, etc.

Better to control those urges and show better judgement.
Well, to counter your last point, I know i'm not getting rat poison. I get it in a small capsule and I know the person i get it from on a very personal level so they're not just my emotionless dealer. They actually even don't like giving it to me, but I buy it, so they can't really say no. And the difference in what could happen is I'd be more likely to stop or lower the amount i use it if the effects were harder then other drugs.

And you said it could result in death or being a vegetable, well thats true. On some levels. A 20mg isn't nearly enough to kill me or do serious damage, despite my small stature.

Yuu make a lot of really, really great points in what you say, but thats only for extremely pro-longed use or if someone of my size was to take say, 60 mgs at a time.
   
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
Antihero
I've been here a while
********
 
Ghost On The Highway's Avatar
 
Name: Ghost
Age: 29
Gender: Duderino
Location: Galaxy 5-0-0

Posts: 1,045
Join Date: January 16th 2010

Re: Adderoll. - September 28th 2011, 02:26 AM

Of course, what they (the ambiguous "they") don't tell you is that antidepressants will also make you a vegetable with prolonged use, that they cause dependence and withdrawal symptoms, etc. I'd stay away from amphetamines as a "fun drug." Stick with alcohol, weed, even shrooms instead. I guess if you need it to write that 10-page paper then do it, but it's not something I'd make a habit of. That's just me though.



The neon burns a hole in the night, and the Freon burns a hole in the sky.
You can find my kind living right on the fault line, eyes on the seaside, lives on the B-side, kites on the power lines.
   
  (#7 (permalink)) Old
Member
Welcome me, I'm new!
*
 
EmptyBottlesBrokenRecords's Avatar
 
Name: Rebecca
Age: 22
Gender: Femme
Location: California

Posts: 38
Join Date: September 27th 2011

Re: Adderoll. - September 28th 2011, 02:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost On The Highway View Post
Of course, what they (the ambiguous "they") don't tell you is that antidepressants will also make you a vegetable with prolonged use, that they cause dependence and withdrawal symptoms, etc. I'd stay away from amphetamines as a "fun drug." Stick with alcohol, weed, even shrooms instead. I guess if you need it to write that 10-page paper then do it, but it's not something I'd make a habit of. That's just me though.
Thanks for the more open minded advice. But no ones answering my questions, they're just giving their opinions and such. ^_^
   
  (#8 (permalink)) Old
Nightblood. Offline
jus drein jus daun
I've been here a while
********
 
Nightblood.'s Avatar
 
Gender: She/Her
Location: United States

Posts: 1,829
Blog Entries: 37
Join Date: January 11th 2009

Re: Adderoll. - September 28th 2011, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmptyBottlesBrokenRecords View Post


Thanks for the more open minded advice. But no ones answering my questions, they're just giving their opinions and such. ^_^
According to the TH rules, we're not allowed to really answer that question because we'd be encouraging drug abuse.



"We all have battle scars, Finn. Suck it up and build a brace for yours."
   
  (#9 (permalink)) Old
Dr.Bobby Offline
Psychologist
Senior TeenHelper
*******
 
Dr.Bobby's Avatar
 
Age: 61
Gender: Male

Posts: 864
Join Date: September 9th 2011

Re: Adderoll. - September 28th 2011, 02:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmptyBottlesBrokenRecords View Post
and I know the person i get it from on a very personal level.
Rebecca, you're inferring that this is a trustworthy source. Yet, people who are trustworthy don't knowingly give things to people that can be harmful to them.
Even if it is 20mg of Adderall, it wasn't prescribed for you, a doctor didn't evaluate you to make sure that it won't harm you. This isn't candy, both of you are taking a huge risk here. And it's not about 'open mindedness' it's about reality, which I think you (and your friend) are missing here.

Self control is a good thing.


PM me with the link of the post you'd like me to respond to.
   
  (#10 (permalink)) Old
I can't get enough
*********
 
Sincerely Yours ♥'s Avatar
 

Posts: 3,042
Blog Entries: 26
Join Date: July 4th 2010

Re: Adderoll. - September 28th 2011, 02:40 PM

Everyone pretty much said it, but I'd like to add that it can really mess with your mood & mental state for days after you've taken it. It's not fun to deal with.
   
  (#11 (permalink)) Old
Ryan1 Offline
A Man Of My Word
I've been here a while
********
 
Ryan1's Avatar
 
Name: Ryan
Age: 28
Gender: Male
Location: Canada, Ontario

Posts: 1,518
Blog Entries: 5
Join Date: January 1st 2010

Re: Adderoll. - September 28th 2011, 06:42 PM

Recbecca, I think the advice you’ve been given by the posters above has been good. I mean we aren’t pharmaceutical chemists so by saying something about the drug may or may not be true. If you’re searching for correct advice regarding this substance I think you’d be best to talk with a pharmacist. They are the professionals and can tell you exactly how it affects the human body. As for a general rule of thumb, if it is not prescribed to you by a doctor then you should not be taking it.

You say you have a reliable source to get the drug, well in the black market there’s not such thing as reliable even if it’s coming from a family member. Every dose is different then the one before. Who knows where your dealer gets it from, what happens if they get it from a different source next time because of a better price? You’re playing with fire and you don’t seem educated on the subject. Our advice is to stay away from it if you care about your well being.

Like I mentioned before, talk to a pharmacist and see what they have to say about it. We aren’t professionals.

Last edited by Ryan1; September 28th 2011 at 09:07 PM. Reason: Spell check.
   
  (#12 (permalink)) Old
Member
Welcome me, I'm new!
*
 
EmptyBottlesBrokenRecords's Avatar
 
Name: Rebecca
Age: 22
Gender: Femme
Location: California

Posts: 38
Join Date: September 27th 2011

Re: Adderoll. - September 28th 2011, 09:09 PM

Oh, well okay that makes sense. I didn't really mean to have you guys encourage me to do drugs.. I was just asking some questions about it, but okay, it's understandable. Thanks for caring about me everyone with all of your warnings and such.

This thread can be closed now :3
   
  (#13 (permalink)) Old
Ryan1 Offline
A Man Of My Word
I've been here a while
********
 
Ryan1's Avatar
 
Name: Ryan
Age: 28
Gender: Male
Location: Canada, Ontario

Posts: 1,518
Blog Entries: 5
Join Date: January 1st 2010

Re: Adderoll. - September 28th 2011, 09:20 PM

Rebecca,

When ever it comes to these things it can be serious. I don’t feel as though you understand what you’re playing with. The fact that you measure mg’s is scary because your tolerance level increases therefore you need more to get the same high as you had the first time. Whenever you start the cycle it snow balls into a mess. I mean I’ve got friends to prove it. I really hope you find the information you need it just might scare you out of it.

I’ve closed your thread upon request, if you’d like it reopened just send me a Pm.
   
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Tags
adderoll, drugs, meth, speed

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off




All material copyright 1998-2019, TeenHelp.
Terms | Legal | Privacy | Conduct | Complaints

Powered by vBulletin®.
Copyright ©2000-2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search engine optimization by vBSEO.
Theme developed in association with vBStyles.