TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr Hotlines

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Substance Use Whether you are combating substance abuse, are in search support, or have questions about drugs or alcohol, ask in this forum.

View Poll Results: Have you ever done weed???
Yes ive done weed 13 68.42%
No ive never done weed 5 26.32%
Ive not done weed but i might in the future 1 5.26%
Not sure yet 0 0%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Markteenhelp Offline
Mark, Michael, Bry
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Mark

Thumbs up Weed questions and answers. - January 10th 2009, 10:53 AM

Ok started this thread for those who have had idea of doin this thread and just not creating it. So what you do is ask a question and if you can answer anyone else's question please answer. And for those of you asking questions come back later and see if sumone answers your question. So i will ask the first question. Does weed cause lung cancer?

P.S if your embarissed of sumone seeing a question you wanna ask then private message me and i will post the question for you. :-)

Learn from yesterday
live for today
hope for tomarrow

Last edited by Markteenhelp; January 10th 2009 at 11:02 AM.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
michy7x Offline
Average Joe

Re: Weed questions and answers. - January 10th 2009, 10:58 AM

Yes, i've done weed a bunch of times; it's all right imo. I don't have any big urges to do it though.

Inhaling anything with toxic substances on a regular basis can cause cancer yes, lungs, mouth and throat being at risk, etc, but tobacco i think is a more serious threat. I don't believe weed contains carcinogenics.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Markteenhelp Offline
Mark, Michael, Bry
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Mark

Re: Weed questions and answers. - January 10th 2009, 11:00 AM

ok cool ty. Lets see if there will be more questions

Learn from yesterday
live for today
hope for tomarrow

(#4 (permalink)) Old
michy7x Offline
Average Joe

Re: Weed questions and answers. - January 10th 2009, 11:07 AM

Is weed a Class B drug in the US?

(#5 (permalink)) Old
sushi_error Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Re: Weed questions and answers. - January 10th 2009, 11:15 AM

I'm not sure, because states have their own laws when it comes to drugs and substances. Where I live, marijuana is considered Class D, I believe.

Check out my blog: White-Out Blots

How did Mandela get the will to surpass the everyday,
When injustice had him caged and trapped in every way,
How did Ghandi ever withstand the hunger strikes and all,
Didn't do it to gain power or money if I recall,
It's to give; I guess I'll pass it on

- Take a Minute, K'naan

(#6 (permalink)) Old
michy7x Offline
Average Joe

Re: Weed questions and answers. - January 10th 2009, 11:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sushi_error View Post
I'm not sure, because states have their own laws when it comes to drugs and substances. Where I live, marijuana is considered Class D, I believe.
You take it a lot less seriously then in the UK then - here it's been on the rise. It was declassified from Class B to Class C but there was lots of controversy about it and i think they want to put it/have back to Class B.

(#7 (permalink)) Old
udontno Offline
</3?
I can't get enough

Name: Amanda Kate

Re: Weed questions and answers. - January 10th 2009, 11:19 AM

I've smoked weed a few times. I'll admit, I was too stupid to learn about the legal consequences and how it was classified back then though.

<3 Amanda Kate
Read my blog here. :-)
"because we always carried a piece of each other around."

(#8 (permalink)) Old
cchheellsseeaa Offline
<3
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Chelsea

Re: Weed questions and answers. - January 10th 2009, 11:29 AM

this summer i plan on doing it
ive been wanting to try it but i need to spend a night at a friends house because my parents would freak outtt if i came home high

So, is that what you call a getaway?
Tell me what you got away with.
Cause I've seen more spine in jellyfish.
I've seen more guts in eleven-year-old kids.
Have another drink and drive yourself home.
I hope there's ice on all the roads.
And you can think of me when you forget your seatbelt,
and again when your head goes through the windshield.
  Send a message via MSN to cchheellsseeaa  
  (#9 (permalink)) Old
SensualSickness Offline
Banned
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Nik

Re: Weed questions and answers. - January 10th 2009, 05:42 PM

ive done it, most people I know have. I just don't do it regularly, I dont have the urge to either.

(#10 (permalink)) Old
KCisforMe Offline
Not a n00b

Name: Matt

Re: Weed questions and answers. - January 10th 2009, 05:51 PM

As for cancer, although the general assumption is that smoking anything can cause cancer, there has been no proof that marijuana actually does. Among those who smoke tobacco, there is a much greater propensity for cancer, same with those who use both tobacco and marijuana, however the average marijuana user is no more likely to get cancer than someone who doesn't smoke anything. Weird but true.

I suspect the cause for this is because Marijuana, unlike tobacco, does not contain Polonium-210 (you know, that stuff that caused the death of russian spy Latvenienko(sp?) ) Although I can't be sure, I'm not a scientist.

As for weed laws in the US.

According to the Federal Government, Marijuana is a Schedule 1 drug meaning it has no medical value and a high potential for abuse. It is classified as schedule one alongside Heroin, PCP, as well as psychedelics (and psychedelics shouldn't be schedule 1 either).

However, different states have different laws. Massachusets just passed a law decriminalizing marijuana to the point that all the cops can do is give you a 100 dollar ticked if they catch you with it. And 13 states have now legalized it for medicinal use. It all depends on which state you live in. Places like California, Oregon, Washington, Massachusets, Vermont, Colorado, etc. in those places it is not as big of a deal as it is in other parts of the country.

In some parts of the US any amount of marijuana can get you thrown in jail for over 6 months. In other parts its just a 100 dollar fine or confiscation, if that.
  Send a message via AIM to KCisforMe  
  (#11 (permalink)) Old
Jaymz404 Offline
Banned
Regular TeenHelper

Name: James

Re: Weed questions and answers. - January 10th 2009, 05:58 PM

Pure weed does not cause cancer, it is the tobacco that causes cancer and that's mainly due to the chemicals in tobacco and the tar.

The average weed smoker of course will have a higher chance of lung cancer, because they smoke it with Tobacco.

Yes I smoke it, and I smoke it probably once or up to three of four times a week. Depends what you smoke aswell. I only do good stuff, for example leaves, not ressin. White Widdow easily the best bud strain out there.

(#12 (permalink)) Old
KCisforMe Offline
Not a n00b

Name: Matt

Re: Weed questions and answers. - January 10th 2009, 06:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymz404 View Post
Pure weed does not cause cancer, it is the tobacco that causes cancer and that's mainly due to the chemicals in tobacco and the tar.

The average weed smoker of course will have a higher chance of lung cancer, because they smoke it with Tobacco.

Yes I smoke it, and I smoke it probably once or up to three of four times a week. Depends what you smoke aswell. I only do good stuff, for example leaves, not ressin. White Widdow easily the best bud strain out there.
Eww Gross! You Europeans do things so differently, mixing Cannabis with Tobacco, when will you learn that you don't need tobacco to smoke weed!

The only time I ever use tobacco with weed if its in a hookah, but then you need the tobacco otherwise it won't burn right in the hookah. But otherwise no tobacco
  Send a message via AIM to KCisforMe  
  (#13 (permalink)) Old
allikuja Offline
Not a n00b

Re: Weed questions and answers. - January 10th 2009, 06:05 PM

*pushes for the country-wide decriminalization & legalization (at least for medical use) of weed in the US*

(#14 (permalink)) Old
michy7x Offline
Average Joe

Re: Weed questions and answers. - January 10th 2009, 06:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCisforMe View Post
Eww Gross! You Europeans do things so differently, mixing Cannabis with Tobacco, when will you learn that you don't need tobacco to smoke weed!

The only time I ever use tobacco with weed if its in a hookah, but then you need the tobacco otherwise it won't burn right in the hookah. But otherwise no tobacco
Tobacco with weed helps you be able to smoke for longer in a roll because pure keeps going the hell out all the time lol, and also takes the edge off when you first start so it doesn't hit you too hard.

(#15 (permalink)) Old
allikuja Offline
Not a n00b

Re: Weed questions and answers. - January 10th 2009, 06:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by michy7x View Post
Tobacco with weed helps you be able to smoke for longer in a roll because pure keeps going the hell out all the time lol, and also takes the edge off when you first start so it doesn't hit you too hard.
you just need to learn to roll better. Most joints/blunts I've smoked never went out til they were down to a roach.

(#16 (permalink)) Old
ByTheKilowatt Offline
deja entendu.
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Andie.

Re: Weed questions and answers. - January 10th 2009, 06:11 PM

I smoked pot very consistantly for about two years, but am down to about once a month if at all now.

Aaaand all questions seemed to be answered. Lulz.

youre wearing your skin like its too tight.

(#17 (permalink)) Old
michy7x Offline
Average Joe

Re: Weed questions and answers. - January 10th 2009, 06:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by allikuja View Post
you just need to learn to roll better. Most joints/blunts I've smoked never went out til they were down to a roach.
Even ones that have been greatly rolled still go out for me, and other people. I guess it depends.

(#18 (permalink)) Old
Marvin Offline
I've been here a while

Re: Weed questions and answers. - January 10th 2009, 06:57 PM

I've just quit (largely due to money, and partly out of legal concerns). My friends all smoke. I was smoking roughly daily, a fair amount.

Pure buds do actually waste more weed, whether they go out of not. Weed heavy joints also do, but not as much.

It's the tobacco that damages your body, however for most people, they dont smoke enough pot for this to really have an effect. A lot of stoners I know are also smokers, so I guess it doesnt really matter if they choose to smoke it pure or not.

It's not just Europeans who use tobacco... it's a pretty wide range thing, just not so much the States.

Weed doesn't cause cancer, there's some evidence it actually stops the growth of cancer.

Weed has become a class B again in the UK, though it's still not taken all that seriously. The police claim they are going to continue on average warning people for possession,and mostly just use the new classifcation to come down harder on dealers. It's only been about a week since the new law, so I guess it's a case of waiting and seeing if they do this.

(#19 (permalink)) Old
Pandamonium Offline
I've been here a while

Name: Steph

Re: Weed questions and answers. - January 10th 2009, 08:13 PM

Since the thread has gotten largely off topic/is against the rules and ToS for the most part, it is now closed. If you have specific questions, please make another thread.
  Send a message via MSN to Pandamonium  
Closed Thread