TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Substance Use Whether you are combating substance abuse, are in search support, or have questions about drugs or alcohol, ask in this forum.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
LostAngels Offline
Glam Rocker/Classic Violinist
Average Joe

Name: Jordan Lorraine

Is my 'recreational' Adderall use relatively okay? - November 24th 2011, 02:09 PM

Hello everyone.

So, when I was 13-15, I struggled with heavy drug use, of all forms.*
After I quit street drugs, I began using Dexedrine recreationally, and actually convinced my doctor to prescribe me some. I lost my mind after a few months of consecutive use.
I was clean from that until this year.
Then, I was introduced to half a dozen kids at my high school with ADHD who sell their meds, and I have been using Adderall on occasion.*
One girl sells me literally #20 30 mg caps for $20, which is obviously ridiculously good, and hard to say no to.*

When I started using this year, I used every school day for a week, and figured that was too much and to slow down.
Now I take about 30 mg a day, once or twice a week or every two weeks.*
I don't ever use on weekends, and I go weeks without even so much as thinking about it, and also to see if I'm suffering any psychosis.*
Everything has been fine, I've been happy, healthy, and excelling in school.

I want to know if what I'm currently doing is okay?*
I realize using amphetamines without a prescription is not favorable, and can cause a lot of damage. I've experienced that.
But I want to know, at the rate I'm going, if I'll be fine to continue and only use on days I need to accomplish a lot, write an exam, etc?

(#2 (permalink)) Old
LostAngels Offline
Average Joe

Re: Is my 'recreational' Adderall use relatively okay? - November 24th 2011, 02:11 PM

[SIZE] Let me also add, I started using Dexedrine (20mg spansules) because my mom was prescribed 3 a day to help her stay alert and focused, and I found them.*
So, my mother is prescribed to use way more of a far more concentrated substance, for the same reason, and has suffered no ill side effects. [/SIZE=5]

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Batman. Offline
Protector of Gotham
I can't get enough

Name: Julz

Re: Is my 'recreational' Adderall use relatively okay? - November 24th 2011, 04:28 PM

Question: If you have ADHD, and use ADHD medication "recreationally", what's stopping you from getting a legitimate prescription and taking it properly?

If you don't have ADHD, and you're sheerly taking this medication for a "high", well, it's not Okay. It's not only about health, either. Do you realize that you're part of "the problem"? "The Problem" being recreational prescription drug use/abuse, thus why doctors are becoming further reluctant of prescribing young people medication (even if it's something they DO need!).

Your actions now are a small part of a ripple effect that has been going on because of prescription abuse, and it's going to further affect future generations negatively. Think about that for a moment, then think about how much more logical it'd be to get a medication you use (and feel you need, it seems) prescribed, rather than buying it on the street. You know it'd be cheaper as well, right?

Dare to be Different, to be Weird, to be a Freak.
Overall, Dare to be yourself.

Stamp Out Prejudice Hatred and Intolerance Everywhere
The Sophie Lancaster Foundation

1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
LostAngels Offline
Average Joe

Re: Is my 'recreational' Adderall use relatively okay? - November 25th 2011, 12:46 PM

Okay.*

If I wanted an opinionated, judgmental, snide, useless response, I would have posted to Yahoo Answers.*
I came to this site thinking everyone posting would try to be open minded to the questions asked, without tossing around, well, like mentioned above, judgments.*

And also, please READ my post before responding.*
I explained how my mother is prescribed dextroamphetamine for what reason? Oh yes. None-other than TO FOCUS. *Which is exactly what I use it for, though no, I am not prescribed, LIKE MENTIONED ABOVE, I take half the dose that she does, and only about 1/8th as often as she does.
So I'm not asking if it's illegal, or what YOUR personal opinion is, I'm asking if it will be emotionally or physically damaging if I continue at this rate, and scientific facts as to WHY.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
RadkeLover Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Tyler

Re: Is my 'recreational' Adderall use relatively okay? - November 28th 2011, 10:33 AM

i use to be addicted to adderall, what you do is not okay, you can get easily addicted to it, one slip by taking an extra one can just take you down hill, so i suggest to just stop it, or go down to like, one a month and then stop

What is love? I lost the meaning long ago.
  Send a message via AIM to RadkeLover Send a message via MSN to RadkeLover Send a message via Skype™ to RadkeLover 
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
Ryan1 Offline
A Man Of My Word
I've been here a while

Name: Ryan

Re: Is my 'recreational' Adderall use relatively okay? - November 28th 2011, 04:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostAngels View Post
Okay.*

If I wanted an opinionated, judgmental, snide, useless response, I would have posted to Yahoo Answers.*
I came to this site thinking everyone posting would try to be open minded to the questions asked, without tossing around, well, like mentioned above, judgments.*

And also, please READ my post before responding.*
I explained how my mother is prescribed dextroamphetamine for what reason? Oh yes. None-other than TO FOCUS. *Which is exactly what I use it for, though no, I am not prescribed, LIKE MENTIONED ABOVE, I take half the dose that she does, and only about 1/8th as often as she does.
So I'm not asking if it's illegal, or what YOUR personal opinion is, I'm asking if it will be emotionally or physically damaging if I continue at this rate, and scientific facts as to WHY.
Hey there welcome to TeenHelp,

Iím sorry you took offence to Julz post but truthfully I agree with it as well. Without trying to upset your further I think itís important to remember that Teenhelp is place were you get opinionated responses from other people. I think she made some really fair points and itís something you should actually take into consideration. In the future if you donít like someoneís advice itís probably best just to ignore it.

The staff here at TeenHelp do have your best interest in mind, while it might not be what you want to hear itís the truth. I think it would be wrong of us to sit here and say that self diagnosing yourself with ADHD and taking someone elseís precipitin pills is okay, because its not regardless of how little your taking. Often times its best to nip the problem in the bud before it snowballs out of control.

I pride Teenhelp of being a judgemental free place because people come from all walks of life with all sorts of problems. Itís important to keep a positive outlook on the forums so people donít start unnecessary arguments. Moving forward if you have a problem with any posts on TeenHelp its best to report it via the report abuse feature attached to each post at the top right hand corner so the moderating team can remove it, two wrong donít make a right.

I hope you understand my point of view because I can respect where youíre coming from its hard to judge someoneís feelings behind text. We really do mean well, if you have any questions or concerns please message me.

Last edited by Ryan1; November 28th 2011 at 06:08 PM.

Closed Thread