TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Substance Use Whether you are combating substance abuse, are in search support, or have questions about drugs or alcohol, ask in this forum.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
RadkeLover Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Tyler

I smoke too much - November 28th 2011, 10:36 AM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of substance use, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread might therefore not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

I smoke weed at least 3 times a week, and i get really lazy and im failing school, i need help but i dont wanna stop smoking, i only smoke because it helps my depression, if i stopped, id go back to being angry and depressed a lot and probably back to SH too, i hate all anti depressants, they mess with my head and my body, i hate them, so can anyone offer any advice?

What is love? I lost the meaning long ago.
  Send a message via AIM to RadkeLover Send a message via MSN to RadkeLover Send a message via Skype™ to RadkeLover 
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
FairyPoppins Offline
Never give up.
Senior TeenHelper

Re: I smoke too much - November 28th 2011, 02:20 PM

You have to decide what's more important to you - the weed or your education.

I speak from experience - I had to choose between weed and my family and friends.

My advice is not to try and cut it out completely, just reduce the amount you are smoking. Start by smoking it twice a week instead of 3 times, then once a week eventually. Perhaps make the joints weaker too.

You say you hate all anti-depressants. How many have you tried? Some people try 4 or 5 different ones before they find one which works for them. I know from experience that anti-depressants aren't an ideal solution to depression, but if you find one which does work, at least it means you won't have to sacrifice your school grades in order to feel better about life.

"You, and only you alone,
Can build a bridge across the stream..."

TeenHelper since 07/07/2005.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Chris Offline
Outside, huh?

Name: Chris

Re: I smoke too much - November 29th 2011, 01:36 AM

Sorry to hear about the addiction. I agree with the above comment. You do need to figure out whats more important in your life.

And if you dont want to quit than try to figure out a good schedule. Go to school, come home, do all Homework, then go smoke. This way there, you have all your work done.

Weed will get you no where.
Education will get you everywhere.

Start to get a good working schedule.

Goodluck!

Chris
I hope you know that you deserve it all. The best, the most honest, the most beautiful purest love in the world. Not only to be loved by others, but to be loved by yourself. To look in the mirror and think "Yes, I'm exactly who I want to be". To speak up and be proud of yourself. To be brave and open. You deserve the nicest and most caring people to walk into your life. You deserve it all, you know. The whole world...

(#4 (permalink)) Old
ellequeen Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: I smoke too much - November 30th 2011, 07:52 AM

Hm honestly I personally would not consider this an addiction because 3 times a week, is not that much... but then again, this is my personal oppinon. Anyways.. I agree with everyone that you need to think about what your priorities are...and also, you even said yourself that you don't WANT to stop...if you don't have the WANT to stop, then I don't think anything can motivate you other than the desire to stop.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Astha Srivastav Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: I smoke too much - December 13th 2011, 04:33 PM

this is something one of my friend's does... smoking weed is not his addiction, but smoking cigarettes is... I always get pissed of when he tells me, or smokes in front of me... do your friends know about this? and do you have any friend who's against it? Maybe he or she can help a bit... you yourself need to realize, like everyone else also said, that it is not good... look up on the side effects of weed... and whenever you want to smoke weed, try holding back... it's hard, but just try to do so. And also, try and reduce it slowly like Fairy Poppins said... that's how my dad makes me sleep on time when my hols are nearly over... reducing the hours I stay awake... if I'm awake till 6 on one day, then I'll have to sleep by 5 on the next... it helps... and do something, like always hang out with friends, or pursue a new hobby, to keep away from depression.... distraction is always one of the best options... eventually, you'll get used to it... and might just not be depressed....

(#6 (permalink)) Old
til'death Offline
BABIES?!?
Not a n00b

Name: Courtney

Re: I smoke too much - December 13th 2011, 05:52 PM

My husband smoked pot everyday from at 13 - 21. It caused him a lot of grief and suffering. And to this day he still has some emotional issues from it.
He had to relearn how to control his emotions and what they meant because all his years he should have developing those skills he was doing so on pot...

He'd be the first person to tell anyone it's not worth it in the long haul. Costs too much money and you never know what effect it'll have on you in long run.

When I saw you I was afraid to meet you.
When I met you I was afraid to kiss you.
When I kissed you I was afraid to love you.
Now that I love you, I am afraid to lose you.

He makes me smile
it's not just any regular smile either
it's that radiant smile, you know that one you get
when you know you have fallen head over heels in love
with the man of your dreams

(#7 (permalink)) Old
Houseman Offline
Not a n00b

Name: Ryan (Alfred)

Re: I smoke too much - December 13th 2011, 06:16 PM

I'm not going to tell you to stop smoking, but you should try to implement a reward system for yourself. E.g. only smoke at night, after you've finished your HW. It helped me a lot and I had the same problem.

(#8 (permalink)) Old
brokensmilexx Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Sara

Re: I smoke too much - December 13th 2011, 11:33 PM

If you continue the way your going, eventually smoking weed will be an everyday thing. Unless you can keep control over it. Yes, being high feels great and can be so much better then feeling shitty and depressed. But if its getting in the way of what's truly important, your education, then you need to realize that and focus on what's important. Getting stoned can wait.
If you don't think your up to quitting all together, then like everyone has said above smoke it when its a convenient time and when it isn't getting in the way of homework or other things you have to do. I would say stop smoking it in the morning (if you do) because it will just leave you burnt out all day and it feels awful.
Plus it feels so refreshing and good when you finish a bunch of stuff you needed to do, and then relax and smoke up.
I've smoked weed everyday for the past year and I'm starting to cut back, it can really take control of your life. My brother can't function without it anymore..he's psychologically addicted to it. Literally you can't even talk to him in the morning before he goes out to smoke up. So please be careful
It's good that you noticed its becoming a problem, the next step is to fix it (: Best of luck!
<33

Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind donít matter and those who matter donít mind.

"Live your life and risk it all
take some chances, take the fall
take your time, no need to hurry
have some fun, and never worry ♥"

Closed Thread