TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Substance Use Whether you are combating substance abuse, are in search support, or have questions about drugs or alcohol, ask in this forum.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Autumnwind Offline
ThePoetsSociety.com
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Robert

Smoking pot - December 17th 2011, 03:08 AM

I've read this section of TH and have seen a lot of threads about pot. I see one called "what's so bad about pot?" And I'd like to go through pot, how it feels, what it can do to you, and how you CAN get addicted to it.

First I would like to say, for everyone who has thought about doing pot but hasn't or people who haven't done pot and hasn't thought about it. I say try it once. It never hurts to try it once, and this is the 100% truth. IF you don't like it, you don't have to do it anymore. IF you like it, then get your goals and priorities straight and have fun or use it only at parties. But Marijuana cannot kill you, infact there is not 1 notable death on Marijuana overdose, or a chemical reaction causing you to die from it. And...

...PLEASE, take in mind, that a lot of people have different experiences, feelings, levels of addiction, and motivation changes. Please don't think this is the set way everything happens with Pot.

I stated in a previous thread, that I've been smoking weed for 4 years, for a year it was casual. Every few weeks or so. Then I started buying my own, a lot of it. It started from smoking at night to help me sleep and eat, to smoking every day. I didn't want to call it addiction because "it's natural" which is true. It grows off a plant, and is held upside down or in a jar for a set amount of time. There's nothing chemically addicted to Weed (I've tested it. I said "I could quit" and did for a series of time. I'll explain that later). But what is addiction?

Addiction is not just a chemical reaction to make you need a product. Addiction is also a mind-set and probably more of a mind-set than a chemical. Addiction is absolutely needing something. Caffeine is addicting, soda, video games, music, eating, walking, and driving can ALL be addictions. If it NEEDS to be in your life and you wouldn't know what to do without it, it's an addiction. I felt this way about Weed.

Let me tell you about an experience of mine. One day, I ran out of weed (coolstorybro. And it's a true one). I didn't drive at this point in my life, and even if I did I didn't have money so I couldn't even walk or call to buy some. I remembered, though, that I smoked a few joints and bong rips outside near my Shed and left the remains there. So I went out there, for 3 full hours I searched and searched for any scrap of Marijuana I could get. I had enough to get me extremely high for a while, but nothing more than that. At that point in my life, I was at my lowest of lows. I didn't know what to do if I didn't have weed in my life. This was full-on addiction. But, one day soon after (about 2 months) I went to a high-school football game with a buddy of mine, smoked behind the bleachers and he looked down on me for it. I felt bad, I was taking my smoking to a whole new level. Smoking in public, basically needing to be high 24/7. After the game we went from the football field to the high-school for a dance, up the long road I offered him a joint. He said "no thanks." and I could tell by his voice something was wrong. So (as painful as this was) I knew I should do something to save my friendship, and my life. (Here is the painful part) I took out the 8 joints full of some of the best weed I had in that point in my life, and I ripped them up along with breaking my lighter. I was free from it, for about 3 months.

So when people say "weed isn't addicting." don't believe it. Don't think you'll be addicted like crack, 'cause you wont, but if you do decide to smoke weed be very educated on the subject and know what it can do to YOU.

Withdraws. I never had withdraws, I would however say things like "God I wish I was highhhhh." or "I wish I had weeed." but there was nothing mentally or physically forceful in me to getting weed. My body felt great and my mind could easily go to other things. But I still wanted weed. So in short, Withdraws are non-existent in weed.

The feeling. The feeling of weed is...pretty amazing. To some, it's like swimming, to some it's like you're in a movie, to some it's like you're not in control of your head or body, and to some there are millions of different ways to explain it. These feelings come from different strains of weed. I have felt tons of different ways, there is no just one way. In fact a few nights ago, I felt like I was in an under-water movie. Which would be a body and head high, which felt amazing.

Body high. A body high is when...you feel it more in your body than your head. A shitty way of explaining it, haha, but hey. It feels like you're swimming with your head above water, or you're not in control of your body and it's just a rag-doll.

Head high. Personally, my favorite. A head high is when you can't help but zone out. Or it's like you're a head of a train going through a tunnel going 100 MPH. Or even in a movie (a lot of people say 'cause your eyes get drowsy and your eyelids are giving you the perception of being in a movie). This type of high gives you the "real" feeling of being high in my opinion.

I would go through the different type of strains but you can check all of that online. Just type in "weed strains" and it'l tell you what it's called, how it looks, how it tastes, feels, and everything.

What it can do to you. Okay, here is where Weed can get dangerous and potentially ruin your life. Weed can cause you to use other drugs, such as Herion, Cocaine, LSD, Shrooms, Exctasy and more. Reasons why? Because you'll basically think "Well I've tried weed before and that wasn't too bad. Why would this?" You basically think you've felt it all. It's almost like food, you eat a hot-dog so you think hot-dogs all taste the same. Yet other hot-dogs have different levels or flavor and different flavors. Same goes for drugs. I'm against drugs, but I'm for marijuana

Your Lungs. A lot of people like to tell you that you can ruin your lungs if you smoke weed. True of False? Partly true. Only partly because the only ways you can really ruin your lungs are if you 100% live in the smoke, or if you smoke with tobacco mixed in it, if you smoke joints (the paper smoke.), or blunts (again, paper smoke.) If you use a bong, pipe, or vaporizers the smoke / lung damage will be minimal to none. (None if you use vaporizers or if you make pot food. Like brownies, cookies, ect..)

Weed can also cause you to forget your priorities. Weed can cause you to slack in school, slack in relationships and just slack in life. If you REALLY want to make weed a regular thing and keep everything just fine. I suggest doing active things when you first start trying Weed. Things like playing basketball, homework (don't get too messed up lol. Just enough to feel high.), football, jogging, walking, doing your every day things. Because if you get used to using Weed while sitting on the couch playing video games, that's all you'll ever want to do. So make sure if you try Marijuana, like it, and want to make it regular. You better set your priorities straight and make sure you have a goal to reach and make DAMN sure you reach it high or not.

Overdose. You CAN overdose on weed. But it's 100% highly unlikely. Infact, nearly impossible. From what I remember, you have to smoke 4 times your body weight of weed in 1 hour for you to even overdose on it. But by the time you hit the 4th joint you'd want to put it down 'cause you're high enough. And if you go beyond 8, you'd probably fall asleep unwillingly. It's damn near impossible. Here is a quote, also.

"In order for a human to consume enough marijuana to be fatal, they would have to consume nearly 40,000 times the amount of THC required to intoxicate them. In contrast, it only requires about 5 to 10 times the amount of alcohol required to intoxicate, to be fatal. For example, if it requires 3 beers to intoxicate you, it only requires 15 to 30 beers to kill you. However, if it takes you 3 'hits' of marijuana to intoxicate you, it would require 120,000 hits to kill you. Thus, it is virtually impossible to die of a marijuana overdose."

So absolutely don't worry about overdose.

Marijuana overall is not a bad drug. In fact, I don't call it a drug. If you have your intentions straight and your goals intact, Marijuana can help you reach them as oddly as that sounds. To me, weed opens up a lot of creativity in my brain. Causes me to slow down my thought process ('cause I think rapidly fast.) and actually think through things. Weed helps me eat (as I don't eat much when high, but munch like a fucking champion when I'm high). It helps me sleep. And it honestly helps me do things like, write, or make music. So try it, you wont regret it, and if it's not your thing then you don't have to do it anymore and not have thoughts of going back as it's not addictive.

I forgot to mention, the absolute biggest way you can be harmed by Marijuana is the crowd you get it from. It's a dangerous and risky business to many. You should stick to friends, family, and friends of friends. but don't cross the line there. 'Cause if you get into a bad situation with a dealer, like I have, it can be extremely dangerous. So again, stick to friends, family, and friends of friends / family.

Thank you for reading, Teen Help Nation. And if you have ANY questions about Marijuana, I'll be sure to answer them as best as I can. I'm not a full blown expert by any means, but I know about 4 years of experience worth. So try me, and I'll be sure to answer to the best of my ability.

1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Chris Offline
Outside, huh?

Name: Chris

Re: Smoking pot - December 17th 2011, 03:39 AM

Thanks for posting this for others to see.

Unfortunately I have never tried it, nor will I, due to the high Health standards I have for myself and being on call 24/7. But thank you for clearing alot of things up for other users.

Best wishes,
Chris

Chris
I hope you know that you deserve it all. The best, the most honest, the most beautiful purest love in the world. Not only to be loved by others, but to be loved by yourself. To look in the mirror and think "Yes, I'm exactly who I want to be". To speak up and be proud of yourself. To be brave and open. You deserve the nicest and most caring people to walk into your life. You deserve it all, you know. The whole world...

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Autumnwind Offline
ThePoetsSociety.com
Junior TeenHelper

Re: Smoking pot - December 17th 2011, 03:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisjackson911 View Post
Thanks for posting this for others to see.

Unfortunately I have never tried it, nor will I, due to the high Health standards I have for myself and being on call 24/7. But thank you for clearing alot of things up for other users.

Best wishes,
Chris
No problems and thank you for reading!

(#4 (permalink)) Old
brokensmilexx Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Sara

Re: Smoking pot - December 18th 2011, 01:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumnwind View Post
I took out the 8 joints full of some of the best weed I had in that point in my life, and I ripped them up along with breaking my lighter.
YOU WHAAAT? D':
Lol but seriously, I agree with what you've posted. I was honestly nodding my head practically the whole time I was reading.
You left out one thing though, that I think might be important to some; greening out. It sucks big time.
Greening out is basically when you smoke way too much weed, and end up feeling sick and throwing up. When I green I can't move because I'm too stoned, get lost in my head and then once I throw up I'm fine. For some people they get the spins, or super warm, or really shaky. My one friend greened out so bad she passed out while getting up off the couch..I thought she was dead and then after a few minutes she got up and was like "What just haaappened?" and threw up.
So be sure you know how much you can handle, or you'll find out the hard way !
<33

Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind donít matter and those who matter donít mind.

"Live your life and risk it all
take some chances, take the fall
take your time, no need to hurry
have some fun, and never worry ♥"

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Autumnwind Offline
ThePoetsSociety.com
Junior TeenHelper

Re: Smoking pot - December 18th 2011, 05:28 AM

I never "greened out" o.o seriously. Maybe I have with...the shakes? I guess. Not sure, very mild version.

And I've smoked my fair share. Like...idk...10 blunts or so for a football game I was watching haha. It was pretty amazing and that's when I freaked out a tad, but I've never thrown up.

Btw, 10 blunts with others in the room, not by myself

Closed Thread