TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Substance Use Whether you are combating substance abuse, are in search support, or have questions about drugs or alcohol, ask in this forum.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
nobody97 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Gabrylle

Unhappy it needs to stop. - December 28th 2011, 11:23 PM

My sister is in college and she always brings me to parties with her and her boyfriend and some other friends. The first few parties I drank and had fun, which i enjoyed and i didnt think about how alcohol was damaging my brain especially since I am so young. Then when i would go to parties, i would tell myself to not drink but by the end of the night i was drunk. I have a problem and i need to stop. I dont know how though. Its not when Im just at parties. when im at home, my parents have wine coolers and i sneak them out of the fridge and drink them occasionally. Any helpful tips on how to stop?

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Ryan1 Offline
A Man Of My Word
I've been here a while

Name: Ryan

Re: it needs to stop. - December 29th 2011, 01:11 AM

Hey Gabrylle,

Some people get the opportunities to grow up quicker then others which can actually be a disadvantage. In all honesty you probably shouldn't be partying with your older sister at the moment. I understand you like to be with her but its really not in your best interest to be exposed to that just yet. You have to be able to manage and control your intake of any substance. Your best bet is not to take any alcohol at all. Alcohol really makes me crave other substances and tends to lower ones wits so people actually dare to try another drug in the first place, think of the snowball affect its not worth it.

The answer to stopping is a matter of not going to an older age group party. That's not to say you and your sister can't hangout and do things just in a more positive environment. Drinking is socially acceptable but that doesn't mean its not addicting, some would argue its the most addicting but that's not for me to say.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Chris Offline
Outside, huh?

Name: Chris

Re: it needs to stop. - December 29th 2011, 01:47 AM

I agree with Ryan.

First off, I just want to say that I'm glad you recognized that it needs to end - most people wont admit it nor recognize it. I would stop going to parties with your sister - and tell her why. She may think its a stupid reason for a little bit, but as she gets alittle older she will understand that it was a good thing you stopped going to those parties. You have to remember, with drinking comes more problems - and around teenage years that can even mean pregnancy or rape (which unfortunately happens often).

After you tell your sister the truth and stop going to the parties, its time to change the home front. I would try your hardest to stay away from that cabinet (although I know you have been trying). If that hasn't worked then maybe tell your parents to lock it up so 'no one' can get into it.

I hope that you go towards the right path - but I am very proud of you and the current choice you have made which is to lead yourself on a path to a more healthy lifestyle.

Best wishes,
Chris

Chris
I hope you know that you deserve it all. The best, the most honest, the most beautiful purest love in the world. Not only to be loved by others, but to be loved by yourself. To look in the mirror and think "Yes, I'm exactly who I want to be". To speak up and be proud of yourself. To be brave and open. You deserve the nicest and most caring people to walk into your life. You deserve it all, you know. The whole world...

(#4 (permalink)) Old
nobody97 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: it needs to stop. - December 29th 2011, 02:23 AM

thank you ryan and chris

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Chris Offline
Outside, huh?

Name: Chris

Re: it needs to stop. - December 29th 2011, 03:45 AM

If you ever need to talk to anyone about it - or if you need more help you can always feel free to PM us. I know sometimes peer pressure and other things can affect a person - so I just want you to know that I'm here for you.

I hope everything works out.

Best wishes,
Chris

Chris
I hope you know that you deserve it all. The best, the most honest, the most beautiful purest love in the world. Not only to be loved by others, but to be loved by yourself. To look in the mirror and think "Yes, I'm exactly who I want to be". To speak up and be proud of yourself. To be brave and open. You deserve the nicest and most caring people to walk into your life. You deserve it all, you know. The whole world...

(#6 (permalink)) Old
nobody97 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: it needs to stop. - December 29th 2011, 06:19 AM

thank you chris! and ill keep you in mind if i even need help

Closed Thread