TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Self Harm If you or someone you know is struggling with self harm and needs advice or alternatives, we're here to help.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
brokensmilexx Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Sara

Points: 13,307, Level: 16 Points: 13,307, Level: 16 Points: 13,307, Level: 16

Cutting Back on the Green.. FACK! >.< - January 10th 2012, 12:26 AM

So, I'm a daily pot smoker. Everyday, either alone or with friends. At least 4-6 sessions a day, unless I'm working, (at the moment I'm jobless and I already graduated high school) then I would have a sesh before work, and then come home and just get stoned off my ass. My parents aren't particularly okay with it. They thought it was okay when my brother and I smoked weed with friends as a social thing, but we took advantage of that and started smoking weed whenever we could, at home.
I honestly love marijuana. It makes the sun shine just a bit brighter, and makes music just a smidge catchier, and it just feels awesome. I haven't gone a full sober day in more then a year now. Its either booze or weed..sometimes both.
Anyways, I'm thinking of starting to cut down..like a lot. I need to get my G2 (drivers license) and I'm not totally shitty at driving stoned but I don't retain information so for someone to help me out by pointing out stuff and giving tips, I'd forget half..probably even more cause I get distracted driving and trying to make sure I'm in the lines lmfao. (I get paranoid)
I have to finish my last few in car sessions, and then I can go for my G2. But even after them I know I'll still have to practice, and all the practicing has to be while I'm not high..
Plus the fact that I can smoke 2 grams of good weed, and just feel a slight buzz is a good reason too. Damn tolerance > . < Good thing for kush lmfao

Anyone here cut down? I'm thinking I'll allow myself only 2 sessions a day, then cut it to 2 sessions every other day, then to 1 sesh every other day, and then lower and lower.
I could cut it out totally, but I know I'm not down for giving it up completley..just to change it to a healthier amount. (I do yachts, which if you don't know is tobacco and weed together..not so good for the lungs)

How the hell do you distract yourself from wanting to get high?! Honestly I find it hard sometimes, sometimes a smoke will be enough to stop it but other times I just want a toke so bad, honestly after a stressful day I love having a few tokes and just relaxing, I instantly feel better.

I know as I'm writing this I'm actually failing myself.
I say I want to quit/cut back, for a long time but I never put it in action. My weed supply just gets re stocked and I'm set to go for another few days..

I guess you really do have to be committed to stop something, huh

I'm going out for another sesh. Maybe now that I've written this shiaat down I'll listen to myself lol

<33

Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don’t matter and those who matter don’t mind.

"Live your life and risk it all
take some chances, take the fall
take your time, no need to hurry
have some fun, and never worry ♥"
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Choose Offline
Invest in yourself.
Experienced TeenHelper

Points: 15,744, Level: 18 Points: 15,744, Level: 18 Points: 15,744, Level: 18

Re: Cutting Back on the Green.. FACK! >.< - January 12th 2012, 01:21 AM

Well, I have had to cut back from other things (never weed), but it has always helped to do things gradually like you already had in mind. You just need to be really dedicated to it.

"Ignore the ramblings of the ignorant, and step on or over their crumpled bodies as you make your way to the top of the mountain. Eat upon their flesh for fuel, and, through your determination and will, banish them to obscurity and a life of complacency and self righteousness that is the hell in which they live"

-Richard Safreed

"Civilize the mind, but make savage the body."
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
sweetman16 Offline
Not a n00b

Name: Charles

Points: 10,151, Level: 14 Points: 10,151, Level: 14 Points: 10,151, Level: 14

Re: Cutting Back on the Green.. FACK! >.< - January 12th 2012, 01:33 AM

It's easy. You're brain is fooling you. You have to think about it that it isn't addictive, and that it isn't bothering you. I smoke alot aswell, and quitting has never worked ( because i always break a long time away from it while drunk -_- ). But anyway's, you're brain is convinced that you're addicted. it's all in your head, just keep thinking you're fine without it and you should get through . Start running, working out sweating alot. It will get the T.H.C out of your system faster. Once it's out of your system, you should be fine and these addictive thoughts should leave you. But marijuana can be in your system up to a month i've heard. But that's probably if you're on the heavyier side, because thc is stored in fatcells. So you can probably get it out in about 1-2 weeks if you workout or run alot or something. And btw STAY AWAY FROM PEOPLE SMOKING. That is probably the hardest thing about quiting, watching someone smoke up and get high . It's hard. And don't tell your friends if they're not going to support you. "If they're just like, yeah ok i've heard this one before... ever stoner quits then goes back." I've heard that line many times, and it makes it harder for you. So i don't even tell people, i just stop and leave it be. It is hard for the first few days i know. But you can do it. Goodluck Oh! and i just read that you smoke to get it off your mind. Well me, i smoke a cigar usually if i'm having a hard time not thinking about it. Doing smoke tricks and shit really helps hahah!
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
brokensmilexx Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Sara

Points: 13,307, Level: 16 Points: 13,307, Level: 16 Points: 13,307, Level: 16

Re: Cutting Back on the Green.. FACK! >.< - January 13th 2012, 12:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetman16 View Post
It's easy. You're brain is fooling you. You have to think about it that it isn't addictive, and that it isn't bothering you. I smoke alot aswell, and quitting has never worked ( because i always break a long time away from it while drunk -_- ). But anyway's, you're brain is convinced that you're addicted. it's all in your head, just keep thinking you're fine without it and you should get through . Start running, working out sweating alot. It will get the T.H.C out of your system faster. Once it's out of your system, you should be fine and these addictive thoughts should leave you. But marijuana can be in your system up to a month i've heard. But that's probably if you're on the heavyier side, because thc is stored in fatcells. So you can probably get it out in about 1-2 weeks if you workout or run alot or something. And btw STAY AWAY FROM PEOPLE SMOKING. That is probably the hardest thing about quiting, watching someone smoke up and get high . It's hard. And don't tell your friends if they're not going to support you. "If they're just like, yeah ok i've heard this one before... ever stoner quits then goes back." I've heard that line many times, and it makes it harder for you. So i don't even tell people, i just stop and leave it be. It is hard for the first few days i know. But you can do it. Goodluck Oh! and i just read that you smoke to get it off your mind. Well me, i smoke a cigar usually if i'm having a hard time not thinking about it. Doing smoke tricks and shit really helps hahah!
I know its a mental trick, I've made sure I don't depend on it for anything (although I used to). Its just that annoying voice in my head that doesn't shut up sometimes saying 'smoke some weed! You know you want to!' lol
I can't work out right now or sweat excessively cause I just got a tattoo, but that is a good idea! A few days ago I had no weed and went for a walk cause I had nothing else to do, and it made me feel a lot better for sure.
As for my friends, I would say 85-90% smoke weed. But most understand why I've started cutting down and shit, which is good. And yes you are right it stays in your system for a monthish.. I heard there's ways of getting it out quicker but they don't sound fun at all, and who knows if they truly work..
Thank you for the advice, I appreciate it! (:
<33

Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don’t matter and those who matter don’t mind.

"Live your life and risk it all
take some chances, take the fall
take your time, no need to hurry
have some fun, and never worry ♥"
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
I can't get enough

Points: 32,255, Level: 25 Points: 32,255, Level: 25 Points: 32,255, Level: 25

Re: Cutting Back on the Green.. FACK! >.< - January 15th 2012, 08:54 PM

Well for me, I only smoked maybe once or twice a month for social things (& that only lasted for maybe half a year?), but I just told myself I hated it & never wanted to do it again, so I haven't. I know that doesn't work for everyone though, especially people who do it much more regularly.

My boyfriend has been smoking every day for the past three years, but has been trying to cut back as well. What he's done is cut back to three days a week, then distracts himself with other things. I got him a fish-tank for Christmas so he's been trying to set that up & he's also getting back into air-soft. Great distractions.
Closed Thread