TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Drugs, Alcohol and Addiction Whether you are combating substance abuse or struggling with another addiction such as gambling, this forum is here to provide support and answer your questions.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Kaya Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Points: 9,804, Level: 14 Points: 9,804, Level: 14 Points: 9,804, Level: 14

Anime addiction problems - February 5th 2012, 04:26 PM

Hey everyone,

I do have a serious addiction to anime and I spend a considerable amount of time reading manga as well. Lately I feel like it is going overboard of a normal pastime... Instead of living my life I just watch the toons... every night and day I promise myself to stop and yet have been having relapses every time. If you have any particular methods that have helped you to get rid of similar problems let me know by replying to this thread. Thank you.

Hopes are to keep us alive, dreams are to make us fly, both are to be found around so keep searching =)
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Veni Vidi Vici Offline
Experienced TeenHelper

Points: 14,800, Level: 17 Points: 14,800, Level: 17 Points: 14,800, Level: 17

Re: Anime addiction problems - February 8th 2012, 09:48 AM

My life used to revolve around animator some time. I didn't do this on purpose, but what helped me not watch it so much was when I started to get occupied with school, soccer, and friends.

You probably do this habit, in part, because you might be bored at that time. try to find something else that might seem interesting to you (don't force yourself to like something or you're just going to relapse back into anime/manga). If you truly believe you are reading anime/manga too much then maybe it is because you need another hobby to do. Whether your interests lie in sports, music, clubs, or activities, you should just find a hobby that you'll really like (so taking your mind of manga/anime isn't so hard).

If all the time you put into manga/anime were put into playing the drums, how good do you think you'd be? (this is an example but you get the point xD)

Carpe Diem: Seize the Day/Moment. -Horace

Veni, Vidi, Vici: I came, I saw, I conquered -Julius Caesar
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Kaya Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Points: 9,804, Level: 14 Points: 9,804, Level: 14 Points: 9,804, Level: 14

Re: Anime addiction problems - February 8th 2012, 07:32 PM

Carpe Diem thank you for sharing your experience of coping with anime/manga issue I totally agree with the point of finding a new hobby coz' I have been bored with school and other day-to-day routine for quite some time. And learning how to play the drums is an amazing one, sadly I have no place for it in my student dormitory, but I'll make an effort to occupy myself with variety of different activities.

Kaya

Hopes are to keep us alive, dreams are to make us fly, both are to be found around so keep searching =)
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Squiggly Offline
I've been here a while

Points: 14,658, Level: 17 Points: 14,658, Level: 17 Points: 14,658, Level: 17

Re: Anime addiction problems - February 14th 2012, 03:05 AM

I used to have this problem to the extreme! I was so completely obsessed with it and I got so into it that I started imagining and wishing that it was real and it basically took over my life for about 3 years! I even cos played at school on a regular basis. I got into it because I had moved to a new place and was really shy and had a hard time making new friends. I have absolutely no idea why or how I stopped all of a sudden but I did. One day I just decided to do something else and that was that I quit cold turkey . Maybe I grew out of it and maybe you will too but then some people are 30 or 40 and still like it that much. Just make yourself do other things like reading a normal book or going for a walk or hanging out with friends. It's okay to like it still just don't let it consume your life .
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
Zero. Offline
Meeeeeeeeewrth!
Not a n00b

Points: 10,314, Level: 14 Points: 10,314, Level: 14 Points: 10,314, Level: 14

Re: Anime addiction problems - February 14th 2012, 07:37 AM

Heck, pretty much same situation. Idk, try getting a hobby- An instrument, (Personally i draw stuff) yeah idk if this helps :S
Closed Thread