TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Substance Use Whether you are combating substance abuse, are in search support, or have questions about drugs or alcohol, ask in this forum.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
MrJungleTiger Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Marijuana, It's affect on me and opinions please! - March 14th 2012, 04:15 AM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of substance use, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread might therefore not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

Hi everyone,

I am having an issue with my life about smoking weed, mainly because all my friends do it and I am still not completely sure about it's affects on the body. The reason for my concern is that I have already tried it twice and the second time something happened that changed my thoughts about it. Basically well after I was done being high the second time I started having severe stages of anxiety, riddled with panic attacks and I basically was not myself for the next couple of months. I do not know why this happened to me but now it is mostly all better it has been a good 6 months since i have smoked weed but my question is whether it would be safe to do ever again in my life? The first time i got high i did not experience anything other than mild paranoia at first but then afterwards I was fine just like any other day. The last thing I want is for any of this to happen again. Why did this happen to me? Also I now have random eye problems, I don't know if using marijuana was a trigger for this or if it was triggered by anxiety? the name of my eye disorder is Entopic Phenomenon if anyone is interested.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
SparklingWine Offline
Normality, my friends.
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Lynds :)

Re: Marijuana, It's affect on me and opinions please! - March 14th 2012, 10:11 PM

Hey there,

Okay, to answer your question: Is smoking weed safe? No. It's not. It's not dangerous like meth is, but it does alter your state of mind. Either way, I would be comfortable telling you that weed, a drug, is safe.

About your experiences with weed.
One, everyone reacts to drugs differently. Most people feel the same general effect, but it's lasting effects and what not can vary from person to person. Another thing I thought of is that the weed you smoked could have been laced with something causing you to react the way you did.

My suggestion is to not smoke weed again. I mean, for one it is illegal. But aside from that, if it were me, I wouldn't want to risk having another reaction like that. It just doesn't seem worth it to me.

As for your vision, your eye doctor can tell you more about it than I can, or anyone else can here for that matter.

Take care, and stay safe

Send a message via AIM to SparklingWine Send a message via MSN to SparklingWine  
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
MrJungleTiger Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Marijuana, It's affect on me and opinions please! - March 15th 2012, 01:06 AM

thanks for your advice, I have been convincing myself back and forth lately whether to ever smoke again or not. I have one more question about your reply though, if weed is safe why should i not try it again? I am throwing a party coming up soon and weed will be an issue that is why this has become an urgent topic for me. Is it really possible that I am one of few people that react this way to marijuana? is it an allergic reaction or do you think it is just the way my brain reacts? thanks for all the help it really does help!

(#4 (permalink)) Old
iggy Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: igor

Re: Marijuana, It's affect on me and opinions please! - March 15th 2012, 01:35 AM

hey

First of all I agree with Willow about it being laced with something, so if you want to smoke it again just be careful about that, skunk can have really serious effects of some people

cannabis reacts with everyones brain on the same way, it's our way of thinking that makes the difference, for example if you convince yourself that somebody is following you while your high, you'll be looking over your shoulder for the rest of the day, so just try to relax and enjoy it.

cannabis can be dangerous if you have a history of mental illness in your familly so take than into consideration aswell

HORDE ZLA SARAJEVO 1987

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Paint_It_Black Offline
Not a n00b

Name: N/A

Re: Marijuana, It's affect on me and opinions please! - March 16th 2012, 10:44 PM

Hey i honestly think your problems related to weed you smoked was caused by it being laced now a days alot of people lace weed with all kinds of things because they think its "fun" to mess with people. as for your eye problem's etc i dont think that had much of anything to do with the weed have you gone to an eye doctor? i also believe alot of other problems are related to the anixety i myself have anixety and i know what its like.

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Dr.Bobby Offline
Psychologist
Senior TeenHelper

Re: Marijuana, It's affect on me and opinions please! - March 24th 2012, 11:39 PM

Who really knows what's going on there, but I think if you do 'A', and immediately after you get 'B', then you can assume that there might be some correlation. Also, if you do 'A' and get 'C', which is unexpected and unpleasant, than it's wisest to stay away. Especially if you're already dealing with 'A' having caused 'B', right? So, the question really is why, if you've felt paranoid, had severe anxiety, panic attacks, and eye issues and had these other symptoms after smoking pot you'd even consider the risk again?

Exactly...

PM me with the link of the post you'd like me to respond to.

(#7 (permalink)) Old
Shawn K. Offline
SoCali Baller
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Shawn

Re: Marijuana, It's affect on me and opinions please! - March 24th 2012, 11:52 PM

Dude, put the weed down and back away slowly!!

Listen to what the folks above are saying. You've already had a seriously bad reaction to it, laced or not. Don't know your age, but I'm 15, an athlete, with access to premium weed. Because of my personal experience with the stuff, I have put it down and backed away.

Please feel free to PM me if you'd like details, or have further questions.

Oh. And hey wassup Dr. B.

15 Straight - Loving Life - Love meeting new peeps - Want to help if I can

Girl: "My doctor says I can't have sex for a while."
Boy: "What does your dentist say?"
  Send a message via Yahoo to Shawn K.  
Closed Thread