TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Substance Use Whether you are combating substance abuse, are in search support, or have questions about drugs or alcohol, ask in this forum.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
leafandstar Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Story of my marijuana trip & lasting effects - March 23rd 2012, 08:48 AM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of substance use, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread might therefore not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

Before I start, I just want to say that I'm definitely not an expert in anything having to do with drugs or chemicals or their effects on the human body, I'm just stating my opinion & story.

About a month ago, I tried marijuana for the first time in my 21 years of living. I consumed it in the form of a brownie. My friends told me about 1/4 brownie got them really high, so they were all doing 1/2 this time. I always had the idea that marijuana just got you really light headed and hungry, so I figured a half a brownie would just make it last longer and it would be enjoyable. So I ate the half brownie. I was told it was going to hit me in about an hour, so I was sorta anticipating it.

It began to hit me slowly, we were just playing Call Of Duty. I started feeling sorta like I was drunk. It felt okay. Then my friend began to give me a lightshow. (y'know, with the gloves that have the little LED lights at the tips) I started to breathe really, really heavily. Not because it was breathtaking or anything, but I realized I couldn't feel my throat anymore. I had to keep stopping him to make sure I was breathing, put my hand in front of my mouth to make sure I was inhaling/exhaling. This continued for what felt like about a half hour, and then my heart started beating really hard. It literally hurt whenever my heart beat. If a normal heart beat was like tapping your foot on the concrete, my heart beat then was God's Jackhammer on glass. I was telling my three friends that I really wanted it to stop, what can I do to stop it, would cold or heat stop it, would large amounts of food or water stop it, anything I could think of. My friends told me I was probably peaking and it'll stay like that for a while, then die off.

It wasn't peaking. They turned off the lights and I received another light show. They turned on some music, and then I couldn't hear anything but music. I couldn't hear my heartbeat (though I could feel it), I couldn't hear my friends laughing, nothing. Then I started thinking inside my head. "Oh crap, I'm starting to get really high. No. No I'm not. No wait, I am. Its okay, its only being high. It's not like I'm hallucinating at all. Am I? No. No. No. I'm not. I can't be. No. Maybe I am. No. I can't be. That's not how things are. Marijuana doesn't have the physical properties to cause hallucinations. But what if I'm in a different universe and marijuana works differently? No. Don't think that. You're not hallucinating. You're fine. You're alive. This is all real. Its not like a movie..." After I began thinking about how it might be a movie, I had the idea to start making decisions that would affect what I feel or hear or see. I asked my friend to stop the light show for 5 seconds. He did, so I was assured. Then I asked my friend to pause the music. He did, and I was assured. I did it many times, just to make sure I had a physical impact on the world. Then when I was assured, I realized I couldn't feel myself talking. I started talking inside my head.

I said random words out loud but I couldn't feel the words coming out of my mouth. Then I couldn't really control what came out of my mouth. Things I thought came out of my mouth without discretion. Then I forgot language, lol. I would ask my friends, "Hey, is razuni a word? Or what about borrego?" So then I started losing reality. I felt like I was being sucked into another universe, and the second universe's reality was mixing with my own, so I was starting to lose myself and my brain. Then I laid back on my friend's bed. I gave my car keys to my friend in fear that I'd drive away and die, and I gave my phone to him too in fear that I'd call the girl I was interested in. I got completely lost. My entire body was numb, and I left my body.

My friend got up and began to give me another light show. I couldn't speak, I was enveloped by light. I "realized" that my entire life was a lie, and every person that ever existed was me. Every person that ever existed was given an entire world to themselves, and within that world they were given a chance. If they never used marijuana, they would pass the test. But nobody ever passed the test, and because I had marijuana this one time, I failed. My friends weren't actually my friends, they were angels sent by the Devil/God to take my soul away and recycle it into another person's life who would take the same test. "Light shows" were actually the technique that angels used to take souls. So I was getting really sad and scared that I'd never see my family again and that I'd forget who I was, that everything I ever did was a lie. Right around where I began to see the other universes and fly through the cosmos, I began to descend.

I started talking to my friend, who was playing COD, just to make sure I wasn't stupid high anymore. I was still extremely high, but not in my peak anymore. But even though I wasn't stuck at the peak, I was still scared and in a shitty mindset from it. On my way down I felt completely numb, and everything was in 3D. Like if you've ever used an emboss tool on a photo editing program, it looked like that. My body was extremely relaxed, and it felt great. I came down further and further, to the point that I asked for my phone back because I felt like I had a grip. I looked at the time and it had only been an hour, which surprised me because I felt like I'd been high for 10-15 hours. Then I got a second hit. I started rising again, and I was getting super scared. I didn't get quite to the point that I was extremely paranoid like before, but I stayed in a space between the "3D" and "Questioning Existence" phase. After about another half hour in real time (2 hours or so feeling), I fell asleep. I woke up about 7 hours later. I drove home feeling fine except for a dry throat, and I got into bed to sleep some more. Then I got hit AGAIN, but only to a pleasurable (though I was scared out of my pants of peaking again, so I didn't exactly enjoy it) numb feeling.

For the following three weeks, I would become randomly paranoid about life being a lie and the ideas I had during my peak were true. I would have to snap back into reality by talking to someone or playing a game. One night I had some chinese food, which smelled faintly of the weed inside the brownie I had. Eating the chinese and smelling something that reminded me of weed made me very paranoid, and I felt like I was going to peak again. Just a few days later, I had a chocolate cookie that reminded me of the brownie, and I felt it again. I felt like I was losing my grip on reality.

Right about now, I feel fine. Maybe once or twice this week I got into that mindset like "Maybe everything is fake, nothing is real, reality is an illusion" for five minutes each. I feel great now, I haven't had a thought of it for 4-5 days now.

I was just looking through the forums, and some people said that they also felt residual effects of marijuana for months, ie being paranoid or questioning reality. What I suspect is that MAYBE if you consumed weed, you'd have actual residual effects for 1-2 days, after which it would be mostly flushed out by your food and liquid intake. But afterwards, it's all a sort of "muscle memory" or "memory trigger." Sort of like how seeing or smelling a rose would remind you of *Grandma's old flower garden when you were a kid,* the same can happen with marijuana and a bad trip. If you smell something like marijuana, you may feel minor effects, because your body reminds itself of that one time you had a bad trip with it and how you felt during it. That's just my speculation.

Anyway I apologize for such a lengthy post, but hopefully someone found my scary trip entertaining or maybe someone was looking for validity or a reason behind their residual feelings. Thanks for reading!

Closed Thread