TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Substance Use Whether you are combating substance abuse, are in search support, or have questions about drugs or alcohol, ask in this forum.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Alisha

Trying to Change my Drinking Desire into a Healthy Thing - March 31st 2012, 05:42 AM

I drank 1.5 Coronas after not drinking for 1 year 2 months and 11 days because I had a substance abuse problem since 2007 and now what Iím doing is slowly introducing myself to alcohol so I can consume it moderately like a normal healthy adult can. Do you think it could actually work?

Everthing I see seems to be a lie. And everything you see in me you think is the truth. But, really all you see is what I'm masking the real me with. You never see me cry. Because I'll never let you. And you'll never see me die because I feel like I already have in a way.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Trying to Change my Drinking Desire into a Healthy Thing - March 31st 2012, 08:22 AM

Well your only 17 so how serious of a problem could you have already had that 1 year 2 months and 11 days prior to that. Dont try to create a schedule for drinking alcohol thats just a bad idea. Just go with it, have fun and BE SAFE. My best piece of advice to you is just to not drink, find another drug you enjoy that isnt as dangerous as alcohol can be. ps how much alcohol were you drinking when you had this "problem"
oh and double ps you live in BC Canada just smoke weed instead, bam problem solved.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Alisha

Re: Trying to Change my Drinking Desire into a Healthy Thing - March 31st 2012, 04:03 PM

When I had a problem I would drink a mikey Smirnoff at night pass out and start drinking in the morning. I also had an issue with over the counter drugs and prescription drugs and I would take them a lot.
Also I don't like weed so that doesn't work lol.

Everthing I see seems to be a lie. And everything you see in me you think is the truth. But, really all you see is what I'm masking the real me with. You never see me cry. Because I'll never let you. And you'll never see me die because I feel like I already have in a way.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Herp Derp Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Trying to Change my Drinking Desire into a Healthy Thing - April 9th 2012, 08:13 AM

If you really want to drink then go ahead and try it, however be VERY careful. Some alcoholics can be sober for years and go on a binge after having just one drink. I would maybe ask a friend to sort of help you with it and possibly help you stop if it becomes a problem.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Formerly known as Ryan.
Average Joe

Name: Ryan

Re: Trying to Change my Drinking Desire into a Healthy Thing - April 9th 2012, 04:09 PM

Brooke:
I'm sure you've heard all the health class bullshit about how alcohol changes the brain chemistry of adolescents (which is fact, not myth), so I'll save you that lecture. But remember that easing yourself back into alcohol so you can drink it like a normal adult would in moderation is contradictory to your age. Honestly I think you are slipping in to a moment of weakness and covering it with an excuse. I could be wrong, and I'm not trying to accuse, but that is what I see.

If not, if you have full control: wait til you're 21 to start worrying about drinking moderately as an adult. You're still four years away. Don't kid yourself. Know what I mean?

PM me if you need to.
Take care.

RYAN.
At your service.

We grow and gain sapience and we learn what's important.

We were meant to live for so much more; have we lost ourselves somewhere we live inside?

1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
Dr.Bobby Offline
Psychologist
Senior TeenHelper

Re: Trying to Change my Drinking Desire into a Healthy Thing - April 9th 2012, 06:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan. View Post
Brooke:
I'm sure you've heard all the health class bullshit about how alcohol changes the brain chemistry of adolescents (which is fact, not myth), so I'll save you that lecture. But remember that easing yourself back into alcohol so you can drink it like a normal adult would in moderation is contradictory to your age. Honestly I think you are slipping in to a moment of weakness and covering it with an excuse. I could be wrong, and I'm not trying to accuse, but that is what I see.

If not, if you have full control: wait til you're 21 to start worrying about drinking moderately as an adult. You're still four years away. Don't kid yourself. Know what I mean?

PM me if you need to.
Take care.
^This.^Is.^Just.^Superb.

I can honestly not think of anything to add.....

PM me with the link of the post you'd like me to respond to.

Closed Thread