TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Substance Use Whether you are combating substance abuse, are in search support, or have questions about drugs or alcohol, ask in this forum.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
littlejoker Offline
Not a n00b

Name: Becky

Do you know what you are doing when you are high? - April 9th 2012, 08:45 AM

Short Story:
I found needles in my brothers room, confronted him about, we argued, he slapped me and stormed away. He came back about 30 minutes later, his eyes were blood shot and his pupils were darting around. We argued, well he screamed and shouted, he ended up punching, pushing and kicking me.

So I'm just asking, do you know what you are doing when your high?

If you want more information, the long story is on my last post in Rape and Abuse category.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Music Offline
Thoroughly medicated
I've been here a while

Name: Richard

Re: Do you know what you are doing when you are high? - April 9th 2012, 12:20 PM

Depends on the drug, depends on the person, depends on the amount.
Couldn't tell you, needles could be anything.

Member since 2005
  Send a message via MSN to Music  
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Ryan1 Offline
A Man Of My Word
I've been here a while

Name: Ryan

Re: Do you know what you are doing when you are high? - April 11th 2012, 10:28 PM

Hey Becky,

I'm sorry to hear your treated this way by your brother, drugs are a scary thing and you should do everything in your power to stay away from them. When people are high on drugs such as heroin or coke its likely they don't know what there doing. They act on impulse and their impulses are unstable. What I'm concerned about is how he treats you. Just becuse he's made bad choices doesn't give him the right to abuse you. Sometimes people will abuse their family because they are the only ones who would take it.

Reality is you need to stand up for yourself. If you know there's an issue talk with your parents or your guardian. Educate them on what he's up to, it might save his life. Becky if you walk away with nothing else from this post just know that you deserve love and respect from him, don't think this is normal or acceptable because its not. Tell your parents about the needles and tell them about the rage, I don't mean this in a condescending why but this is a big deal, you need to get help for him. He probably thinks he has his life under control which you and I know is not the case.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
littlejoker Offline
Not a n00b

Re: Do you know what you are doing when you are high? - April 12th 2012, 05:25 PM

I don't want to tell our foster parents because of the risk they will split us up and then we will never get back to our parents or be a normal family.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
I can't get enough

Name: Rachell

Re: Do you know what you are doing when you are high? - April 12th 2012, 09:32 PM

Sorry to hear that. But it depends on how the drugs react in a person's body. In most cases that I heard of most people have no idea what they are doing. If something happens like this again then you should tell somebody. Try talking to him when he's not high and see if he remembers anything that he did. Explain what the drugs can do to him. Tell him that he's better than that. That way you guys can stay together.

~I was always scared of everything, even the carousel.~

~Don't worry about me. I'm sort of feeling fine, but by tomorrow, I'll be back on my feet again.~

-Goodnight Tonight

(#6 (permalink)) Old
littlejoker Offline
Not a n00b

Re: Do you know what you are doing when you are high? - April 12th 2012, 09:52 PM

I have tried to talk to him but he ignores me or pushes me away, this all started because of his new girlfriend and he's with her 24/7 now, so I can never speak to him alone.

(#7 (permalink)) Old
I can't get enough

Re: Do you know what you are doing when you are high? - April 12th 2012, 10:02 PM

Have you tried talking to his girlfriend? Or do you have a close friend or somebody to help around you? Show him that what he is doing is not good for him.

~Don't worry about me. I'm sort of feeling fine, but by tomorrow, I'll be back on my feet again.~

-Goodnight Tonight

(#8 (permalink)) Old
littlejoker Offline
Not a n00b

Re: Do you know what you are doing when you are high? - April 12th 2012, 10:13 PM

I have tried and failed to get to know his girlfriend, all she does is call me a brat and then complain to my brother that i'm bullying her. I don't have any friends because of the foster care situation. I have tried talking to my brothers friends but they are not interested since he dumped them for his girlfriend.

(#9 (permalink)) Old
I can't get enough

Re: Do you know what you are doing when you are high? - April 12th 2012, 10:31 PM

Obviously if you have tried all of that then I think your brother needs to get help. I'm not trying to say that in a rude way, but to save him from whatever he is doing. I think an adult needs to be brought into the situation. Maybe his grilfriend's parents? Do they care? Or is she part of the Foster home thing as well?

-Goodnight Tonight

(#10 (permalink)) Old
littlejoker Offline
Not a n00b

Re: Do you know what you are doing when you are high? - April 12th 2012, 10:37 PM

She's a lot older then him, I believe she lives alone. I'm scared that if I get an adult involved we will be split up and my brother will hate me forever and we will never get back to our mum after the custody thing is sorted.

(#11 (permalink)) Old
I can't get enough

Re: Do you know what you are doing when you are high? - April 12th 2012, 10:50 PM

Change maybe scary, but sometimes it needs to happen. Yeah he might hate you, but do you really want to be abused like that? You deserve better. If you guys split up couldn't you still end up with your parents if its just a custody thing going on right now? I'm not big into this, but I know somethings. I might end up in a Foster home due to the way my parents treat me. I have Child Protective Services coming over my house every week. my situation, I'd never be with my parents again. But if it is a custody thing it might be written down in your records and you could end up back with your parents.

-Goodnight Tonight

(#12 (permalink)) Old
littlejoker Offline
Not a n00b

Re: Do you know what you are doing when you are high? - April 12th 2012, 10:54 PM

My parents don't really want me, they want my brother, but my brother always said its both of us or none of us, but if the social split us up, they will take my brother back and dump me in foster care...

(#13 (permalink)) Old
I can't get enough

Re: Do you know what you are doing when you are high? - April 13th 2012, 12:34 AM

Well then if your brother really feels that way then he should listen to you when you say if he doesn't stop. Why don't your parents want you?

-Goodnight Tonight

(#14 (permalink)) Old
littlejoker Offline
Not a n00b

Re: Do you know what you are doing when you are high? - April 13th 2012, 10:27 AM

Because when they had me was when all the fighting started and my dad said in an argument if i was never born they would be happy with only one child and still happily married and not be miserable.

(#15 (permalink)) Old
Evanesco Offline
Linguistics geek
Outside, huh?

Name: Harrison (or Harri)

Re: Do you know what you are doing when you are high? - April 13th 2012, 11:48 AM

Becky,

It's not your fault that your parents don't want you. And it's not your fault that your brother is on drugs and abusing you. It's also not your fault that his girlfriend won't listen to you. It's not fair for you to have to go through all of this. Please, please tell someone about this, preferably whoever you live with. Things will just get worse if your brother doesn't get help. I know it's scary and you don't know for sure what will happen, but he needs help, and you need safety.

Take care.

Join the Skeleton Clique on TH
Do you wanna come with me? 'Cause if you do, then I should warn you - you're gonna see all sorts of things. Ghosts from the past. Aliens from the future. The day the Earth died in a ball of flame. It won't be quiet, it won't be safe, and it won't be calm. But I'll tell you what it will be: The trip of a lifetime!

Don't trust a perfect person and don't trust a song that's flawless.
RIP Granddad Terry. I'll miss you.

(#16 (permalink)) Old
I can't get enough

Re: Do you know what you are doing when you are high? - April 13th 2012, 02:43 PM

I agree with Hester. You need to tell somebody. Nothing is your fault. My parents feel the same way about me. But I got help when I needed it, if I get split up from my sisters I'll have to live with it. But nobody wants you to get hurt. Please get help. Tell somebody. Something very bad can happen to you. Your brother could go crazy and injure you so badly you could end up in a hospital and then you guys might be split up for sure. Or worse things could happen. I wish you the best of luck!

-Goodnight Tonight

(#17 (permalink)) Old
littlejoker Offline
Not a n00b

Re: Do you know what you are doing when you are high? - April 13th 2012, 03:12 PM

My brothers the only person I have had since we were young, I don't want to stop trusting him because of one mistake, if he hurts me again then I will go to someone, but he hasn't done anything much since that night and what if I get him into trouble? Then I will have no one because he will hate me just like our parents do and I will have no one to turn to.

(#18 (permalink)) Old
Evanesco Offline
Linguistics geek
Outside, huh?

Name: Harrison (or Harri)

Re: Do you know what you are doing when you are high? - April 13th 2012, 03:16 PM

If he is taking drugs, then he is a risk to you and to himself. If talking to him when he is calmer doesn't work, and you believe he is still taking drugs, then you need to speak to someone. As Rachel has said, bad things can happen when drugs are involved.

Join the Skeleton Clique on TH
Do you wanna come with me? 'Cause if you do, then I should warn you - you're gonna see all sorts of things. Ghosts from the past. Aliens from the future. The day the Earth died in a ball of flame. It won't be quiet, it won't be safe, and it won't be calm. But I'll tell you what it will be: The trip of a lifetime!

Don't trust a perfect person and don't trust a song that's flawless.
RIP Granddad Terry. I'll miss you.

(#19 (permalink)) Old
littlejoker Offline
Not a n00b

Re: Do you know what you are doing when you are high? - April 13th 2012, 03:27 PM

He's never calm so thats kind of out of the question, he just avoids me now, but I've woken up in the middle of the night to him in my room, he's just sitting on my bed and running his hand through my hair but when he realises i'm awake, he says goodnight and leaves quickly. my brother is in there somewhere i know he is, thats what he use to do when I was younger, but if i get him into trouble or if i tell someone he might leave for good and then I will never have my brother back.

(#20 (permalink)) Old
I can't get enough

Re: Do you know what you are doing when you are high? - April 13th 2012, 11:28 PM

Well if things happen where you guys are split up know that you are always going to meet more people. Your brother may still be deep inside him, but the drugs are getting to him. Even if he isn't acting like himself you should tell somebody. Not just due to him hurting you. Again things could go worse then you would have ever thought. You just need to be safe. For all you know he could be hurting people besides you. I'd say now is a good time to get help.

-Goodnight Tonight

Closed Thread