TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Luv2EqualRCMR Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Question 3 broken fingers+medicine=Angry dad - July 23rd 2012, 02:50 AM

Me and my dad never get along well. Im always yelling at him, he calls me a bitch once in a while. he fell and broke 3 of his fingers on his right hand (he uses it most and fixes jewlery clocks and watches and does engraving) so hes taking a medicine with the same effects as heroine. but its supposed to help with his pain. He thought his hand was a snake (which was funny) and im just worried because hes been acting either like hes 4 or like he hates me. He's been saying bitch crap damn and fricken a lot latley. usually he just sais crap, but now hes more agrressive or incredibley hilarious. I dont like how him and idont usually get along but i love him and hate fighting with him. he always says i wear too much makeup, so i go take it off then he says i wear too many bracelets so i take them all off then he says i dont eat enough so i make him a list of 78 foods i do like. I admit i do my share of yelling but hes unreasonable and its gonna be this way for a while. what should i do? i honestly love him with all my heart but hate his attitude sometimes. a lot latley. im 12 and hes like... 45. im going through my teen-stages and i dont think he sees that.

Thanks,

Candy
i love my dad but i feel like

(#2 (permalink)) Old
PSY Offline
Hugh Jackman ♥

TeenHelp Veteran

Name: Robin

Re: 3 broken fingers+medicine=Angry dad - July 25th 2012, 06:03 PM

Hello, Candy. Welcome to TeenHelp! =)

I'm sorry things aren't going well with your dad. Unfortunately, there isn't much you can do about your dad's attitude... but you can work on yours! I know you're young and going through a lot of changes right now, so there will be times when you'll want to "lose it" and start yelling back. As tempting as that may be, try to show some restraint. Whenever you yell back, you're just escalating the argument. If you are calm and try to go the extra mile from time to time, your dad may begin to notice the difference and ease up a bit.

Is there anyone else in your family that can support you? Or is it just you and your dad? I'm a bit concerned about you being home alone with a single parent who isn't always "there" due to the side effects of his medication. What if something happened? Who would take care of you, if your dad was too loopy to help in the case of an emergency?

Closed Thread