TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr Hotlines

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
PurpleMoon Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Billie

Lightbulb I think is time to just let it be. - July 23rd 2012, 07:42 PM

I wouldnít say that we have fallen out as such we still friends I will also always be there when she needs me. I just donít like being used but I am glad she is happy. I think Iím just fed up.

I went out with her a few weeks ago and all she did was talk about her relationship, it was in a way I wasnít sure if she was rubbing my face in it or just generally happy. (She had been funny with me since I saw her boyfriend at the local shopping centre. Whilst he told her that he was at home. I guess she believed him over me) I donít think I could ever forgive her for something like that not that she has been trying to talking to me.

I donít know if I even want to be her friend anymore. She hasnít in recent months. When we went out a few weeks ago, she texted me asking to go out with her so I did and I guess she hasnít tried to talk to me since like she used me to go out.

I guess friends move about and I was bothered by it but now not so much. I just know how I donít want to turn out when I get a boyfriend.
I guess Iím glad she is happy.

One day your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure its worth watching.

Memento mori - Remember you must die

Memento Vivere - Remember to live

Carpe diem - Seize the Day

ďMan cannot discover new oceans unless he has the courage to lose sight of the shore.Ē -Andre Gide

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Every note makes up a symphony
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Kat

Re: I think is time to just let it be. - July 24th 2012, 09:12 PM

Hi there,

It definitely sounds like your friend is smitten by her boyfriend. Unfortunately, nothing much could get her out of that besides time. As the months go by, she will not feel like she's in such a "honeymoon" phase. I don't really think she's rubbing it in, rather I think she's just really happy about having a boyfriend.

Have you told her that it bothers you? There just might be a miscommunication.

"It is better to light one candle than to curse the darkness"-Chinese Proverb

Piano, Flute, Bassoon, Acoustic Guitar, Cello, Electric Guitar

LiveHelp Operator August 13th, 2012 General Forum ModeratorDecember 22, 2012 Videos Officer March 19th 2013

(#3 (permalink)) Old
HisPrincess Offline
Associate Live Help Operator
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Angelica

Re: I think is time to just let it be. - July 24th 2012, 10:38 PM

Hey there,

It does sound like she is just really happy with her current boyfriend but I don't think she means to shove him in your face like it seems she is doing right now. I don't really think it's right that she believes him over you but as Kat said above, this is the phase of the relationship where she is more prone to doing so. Maybe sitting down and talking things out with her would be best before you just decide to throw the towel in the friendship. Chances are she doesn't realize she is shoving you aside for him and things could easily turn around and change if you sat down and talked this out with her. If you do talk things through and she still seems to show no interest in hanging out with you anymore, then maybe you need to start thinking about what is best for you and the currently friendship you have with her. It's not a good thing to stay hanging on to a friendship that is only one sided. But before you make any decisions, I would try talking to her first. See what happens. Know that we're here for you if you need us and you can always PM or VM me whenever you like.

~Angelica

Formerly jelli1224

Trusting is not a mistake, but it is important to realize that things change. ~ Kmn483<3Bliz

Please feel free to PM me. I love to help others, and can be an ear to talk to, a shoulder to cry on, or a face to scream at. <3

Help LINK Mentor - March 19th 2011 to April 16th 2011

Live Help Operator - February 18th 2012 to June 4th, 2012

Associate Live Help Operator - August 13th 2012 <3

Closed Thread