TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Spikey Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Molly

Unhappy I still want to be friends. - July 24th 2012, 12:14 PM

Well, me and my best friend have drifted apart over the last few months and I've been trying to make up for it, but am not sure how to.

I've asked her if she still considers me as a friend and she said that she does, but I still think that there's things she's not telling me and we keep drifting further apart.

I don't know what to do about it.

When I go out with her, I talk about what ever comes to me, but she still seems to be a little off and I don't know why.

I just want to be best friends with her again. I don't know what I'll do without her, I think I'd seriously loose it and be really upset and depressed.

I love her like anything, but I get the feeling that she doesn't want to be friends anymore and wants to move on and I think I'll just shut down without her.

Anyway, any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks.
RosieJ

And she turns up the music, to drown out her life.

22/12/2014 was the last date I self-harmed. The longest I have gone so far is 1 year, 2 months and 5 days. This time, I hope I can give up! New record: 1 year 6 months! Yay!!
Previously:
Kibska

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Every note makes up a symphony
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Kat

Re: I still want to be friends. - July 24th 2012, 08:09 PM

Hi RosieJ,

The unfortunate thing about time is that it can drift people apart from each other. The thing is, she's a friend and not legally bound to you or anybody, so if you do lose touch, there's no real way to get her back. It definitely sounds like she still wants to be friends though, just maybe not on the level of closeness that you're hoping for. Have you tried talking to her about it?

"It is better to light one candle than to curse the darkness"-Chinese Proverb

Piano, Flute, Bassoon, Acoustic Guitar, Cello, Electric Guitar

LiveHelp Operator August 13th, 2012 General Forum ModeratorDecember 22, 2012 Videos Officer March 19th 2013

(#3 (permalink)) Old
HisPrincess Offline
Associate Live Help Operator
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Angelica

Re: I still want to be friends. - July 24th 2012, 09:56 PM

Hi there,

I agree with Kat, I think you should sit down and talk with her about this. It sounds like she wants to still be friends but maybe not at the close level of best friends that you want right now. It can be really hard when a best friend no longer wants to be that close. I think right now though, your first step would be to talk to her about what's going on. Then from there you can look at your options. Keep in mind that all friendships can change and people grow apart from each other. Know that right now even though it seems that you wouldn't be able to live without your best friend, you would be able to. You really would. You may not have to look at that option for awhile, but it is a good thing to keep in mind that is something you CAN do if need be. You're strong enough. You'd need the support of other family and friends but know that it is possible to move on from friendships if the situation calls for it. You can do this though. <3 Take some time to talk with you're friend and see what's going on. Maybe she's just going through something right now. You never know. Good luck!

~Angelica

Formerly jelli1224

Trusting is not a mistake, but it is important to realize that things change. ~ Kmn483<3Bliz

Please feel free to PM me. I love to help others, and can be an ear to talk to, a shoulder to cry on, or a face to scream at. <3

Help LINK Mentor - March 19th 2011 to April 16th 2011

Live Help Operator - February 18th 2012 to June 4th, 2012

Associate Live Help Operator - August 13th 2012 <3

Closed Thread