TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
........Hi
Not a n00b

Name: Veronique W.

Unhappy Mother Problems! - July 27th 2012, 09:01 PM

My mom is coming to live with me and my grandma. I am really dreading this. She always uses my stuff with out my permission. When I was in Florida she used all my lotion, mist, and shower gel. When I asked why she used it all she said: "You're too young to use this stuff".
She criticizes me one what I wear. 3 months ago, my school was doing something called "Dress to Impress". What I wore that day was a cute dress that had had a black belt around my waist and black heels. When I showed he she said I looked like a slut!
The thing that really ticks me off is that she's going through my stuff. She's eating my private junk food stash, messing with my stuff, going through my drawers, borrowing money from me and not paying me back, and taking my bras I got from VS.
She's also talking about my friends. One day my friend came over and she was not feeling well. My friend was being polite and nice when she could have been mean. After she went home, my mom started talking about her, saying she was mean and she could have dressed better!! That pissed me off!
I tried talking to her about it and she said "I'm your mother and I'll do whatever I please!"
I don't know what to do. Can someone help me!!?

PM/Email me at ilovemusic10101@aol.com.
Just email me if you wanna chat or need any help.

Just take a chance and don't ever look back

Why do you hurt me and treat me like you do? What have I done to deserve this from you? Would you do the things you do if you were me and I were you?
  Send a message via AIM to xXForgive&ForgetXx  
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
PSY Offline
Hugh Jackman ♥

TeenHelp Veteran

Name: Robin

Re: Mother Problems! - July 27th 2012, 11:39 PM

I'm assuming it's your grandmother's house? If so, SHE has the ultimately say. If she really wants your mom to come stay with you, then perhaps you can ask your grandmother if you can buy a lock and install it on your bedroom door. It's a fairly easy process: you just buy a new door handle, unscrew the old one, screw in the new one, and you're done.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
........Hi
Not a n00b

Re: Mother Problems! - July 28th 2012, 12:06 AM

I asked and she said no.

Why do you hurt me and treat me like you do? What have I done to deserve this from you? Would you do the things you do if you were me and I were you?
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
PSY Offline
Hugh Jackman ♥

TeenHelp Veteran

Name: Robin

Re: Mother Problems! - July 28th 2012, 01:57 AM

Do you have a friend who lives nearby? If so, as strange as this may sound, I would consider packing a couple of boxes with your more valuable/prized possessions and leaving them at your friend's house until your mom is no longer around. If you have a locker at school, you may be able to keep a few things inside of that, too.

Does your grandmother know what your mom does? If so, did she explain why she's okay with your mom having access to your room?

(#5 (permalink)) Old
........Hi
Not a n00b

Re: Mother Problems! - July 28th 2012, 05:09 AM

Thanks!! I packed a few of my stuff and left in at my friends house!
My grandma knows what she does, but she has to have access to my room because theres no more space for her in our house.

Closed Thread