TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Tapanga Paige Offline
Average Joe

Name: Rikki Heyman

Friends <3 - August 1st 2012, 11:21 PM

After a really tough break up my ex and I hadn't talked for a little over a month. The break up was all on him he chose someone else after lying to me about it for 2 months. He just left and didn't talk to me again. The other day I finally reached out, just something simple over yahoo..no phone nothing big..and he finally talked to me. We're IMing more and more over the past couple days and it means everything to me. I still love him, and I know we can never be together again, but we want to be friends...is there a good way to stay sane while being "just friends" with the one you love?

<3 RAWR<3

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Pirouette Offline
Just a girl strolling by
I've been here a while

Name: Rishy

Re: Friends <3 - August 2nd 2012, 04:35 PM

Hey there, I think it's great that you and your ex are talking to each other again. I know it's hard to talk to him after your breakup, but I think this is a good start for a friendship. If you just wanna be friends and not date, then I think you are doing the right thing. Just talk to him on yahoo, and since he replied your messages and IMIng, he's not mad at you... So this is good Well that's all I have to say, if you wanna talk more about it, I'd be happy to help out; just send me a PM Good luck girlyy

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Chris Offline
Outside, huh?

Name: Chris

Re: Friends <3 - August 3rd 2012, 08:46 PM

Personally, I don't think its a good idea. You still love him, and chances are if you don't move on you may still always have a thing for him. The problem doesn't lie in your feelings, the problem lies in his. You will continue to talk to him, and eventually your feelings will grow, where as his feelings for you are just friends. So it may (chances are WILL) get to the point where you get fed up, or you get upset because hes seeing other people more, or you want more from him (a relationship again) and he will eventually once again break your heart and/or reject your idea of becoming more.

Listen, I'm not a counselor, and I'm defiantly not an expert, but I do promise you that in the end (days, months, maybe even years from now), this friendship will not last, and you will be in a daze, and more heartbroken then ever. In my opinion, your best bet is to move on and find someone who will actually love you back.

Best wishes,
Chris

Chris
I hope you know that you deserve it all. The best, the most honest, the most beautiful purest love in the world. Not only to be loved by others, but to be loved by yourself. To look in the mirror and think "Yes, I'm exactly who I want to be". To speak up and be proud of yourself. To be brave and open. You deserve the nicest and most caring people to walk into your life. You deserve it all, you know. The whole world...

Closed Thread