TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Alex95 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Alex

Abandoning Friends. - August 15th 2012, 11:57 AM

Hello, I have one more year before I (hopefully) leave for University. I've had the same group of friends for 3-4 years now, recently my 'friends' have seemed very distant, I feel like I barely know them, and not sure if I want to. I feel like they're a completely different group of people, they have been ignoring me and doing things without for a long time, I mean, I've barely left the house in the past few months, while my friends have been going out with each other, to the beach, trips out for the day, staying at their houses with each other, going to parties. And I've been doing nothing, It makes me really sad think to they have no interest in me and I just get so lonely now. Not for lack of trying though, I have suggested to my friends multiple times about doing something, hanging out etc. but they are always 'busy'. Always. And then I find out that they've been doing stuff together that day, you get the idea. I only have one year at school left until I leave for Uni and potentially never have to see them again, but I'm not sure if I want that, one part of me wants to try really hard to know them again and try and be proper friends (which is hard if they're trying to do the opposite), and another part of me just wants to forget them and move on.

So really I just want someone's advice on what to do, I would appreciate it a lot. Thank you

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Pirouette Offline
Just a girl strolling by
I've been here a while

Name: Rishy

Re: Abandoning Friends. - August 15th 2012, 11:35 PM

Hey Alex, I also feel the same way about my friends too. I would say that if you want to maintain the friendship, I would try calling them on the phone or sending a text message to them, letting them know how you feel, or perhaps, you can call them and invite them over. If they still continue to ignore you and leave you out of their hangouts and everything, then I suggest that they arent good friends, and you should forget them and make new friends. I know making new friends is a challenge and forgetting the past is extremely difficult, but trust me, it's possible. Well if you need any more help on this or anything else, feel free to PM me or send me a VM anytime you want to I'd love to listen, help, and talk to you

(#3 (permalink)) Old
joeblow9999 Offline
I'm back! (sorta)
Regular TeenHelper

Re: Abandoning Friends. - August 16th 2012, 03:52 AM

The people around you don't really seem interested in being your friend so I wouldn't bother trying to get them back, they're not worth it. Although it'll probably be really difficult to do, forgetting them and moving on is the best way to go. You deserve better! Going to uni will give you a chance to start over and meet new friends.

Feel free to leave me a VM anytime, I don't bite. :3

“For me, I am driven by two main philosophies: know more today about the world than I knew yesterday, and lessen the suffering of others. You'd be surprised how far that gets you.” ---Neil deGrasse Tyson

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Little Lion Man
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Katie

Re: Abandoning Friends. - August 16th 2012, 04:02 AM

Communication is the most important thing in any relationship. Let them know that you feel left out, and you wanted to see them over the summer too. If nothing changes and they keep blowing you off, it's time to get new friends. It's hard, but you can do it.

Sorry I couldn't be there, I was tied to a rocking chair.

Closed Thread