TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Hannah Wilson

Exclamation my best friend forgets about me - August 18th 2012, 07:49 PM

my best friend kara and I have been friends for 13 years. we lived next door when we were younger and our friendship has been the same ever since. but recently she has gotten a boyfriend. i have had mental problems. cutting. bulimia. suicide. and other things id rather not get into. well, kara keeps going out with other people.
last night i called her because i was having trouble with a boy and i was crying and i needed her advice. when she answered i asked if she was alone. and she said im with my dad watching alice in wonderland. i asked if she could go to her room. and she asked if something was wrong. i didnt answer. but i kneww she could hear it in my voice that something was wrong. then she said text me. i hung up on her. she knew about all that i had went through the past couple months and she still didnt call me later or even text me.
then today, i found out she went to the mall wit sam (her boyfriend), emma, chase, carrie, rodeney, and tim. i wasnt invited. and those are all my friends. except for carrie. i have hated carrie for so long. and kara knows that. but carrie is one of karas best friends. but i thought that since kara and i are so close that she would have invited me. or asked me to come over so we could talk about last night. but nothing. no calls from her. no texts. nothing on facebook or twitter. nothing. like she doesnt even care for me anymore.
yes we have had our fights just like any friendship does. some of the fights were over small things, and some of the fights were pretty big. but we always make it through. and kara is really religious. so she is into helping other people, and after she found out about all that stuff that was going on with me, she became distant. like she couldnt believe that her best friend, the one that she had know for 13 years, was screwed up in the head. so i didnt tell her that i was suffering from bulima, or that i was cutting, or that i was thinking about suicide. but i didnt tell anyone. the only person i ever told was my therapist, which is how i eneded up in a mental hosptial. kara did come to visit me while i was in there. and she acted normal. like i was sitting in her chair at her house, rather than in a mental hospital with bandges on my wrists and the kid next to me talking to no one. but when i came back... she became distant. she doesnt text me anymore. im the one that has to make the effort. and the few times she does reply to me, its not a real conversation. we once had a conversation about "what was new with us" because we hadnt talked in 2 months. and it hurt me. it hurt bad. because she was just fine without me, while im struggling along
i may be thinking to much into this, but i would think that she would have called me after what happened last night. i did message her on facebook and tell her it was bothering me. i only messaged her on facebook because my phone doesnt hold that much of a character count and i probably wont see her until school starts, which is in 2 weeks.
i do have problems with a lot of people. im mean to people and i straight up tell them if they are bothering me or if they are annoying me. and kara doesnt like me being so honest with people or being so mean but its just me. and she knows that. and im really mean to carrie. but i jusst... something about carrie bothers me. and i cant stand to be around her.
any advice on how to fix this would be great.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Pirouette Offline
Just a girl strolling by
I've been here a while

Name: Rishy

Re: my best friend forgets about me - August 20th 2012, 05:52 PM

Hey Hannah,
Im really sorry to hear about all this happening to you. First of all, self harm is never the answer to anything, so you shouldn't cut yourself, be bulimic, or be thinking about suicide. If Kara is bothering you so much and if you want to forget about her, I think it's the best to just leave her alone and find new friends. I know it's difficult to move on with your best friend for 13 years but you have to remain strong and not ruin your future just because of some friends. To fix your relationship with Kara, you should give her time for the rest of summer and possibly not talk to her; just wait until school starts and then maybe you can try starting a conversation about something school related and rebuild the strong friendship. Well that's all I have to say. Hope my advice helps If you need more help, advice, or just wanna talk, feel free to send me a PM or VM anytime I'd be more than happy to help out and listen.

Closed Thread