TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
NewNameGirl Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Pushing People Away/Moving On - August 20th 2012, 04:05 AM

Hey there~

Lately, I have been having a lot of problems regarding other people. Thought I could make this short and to the point.

First off, I always have been terrible with dealing with letting things go and moving on. And I have started to grow apart from my childhood friends, friends who I could never have thought would grow apart from me. All I can think about is my jealousy that they are finding other friends and its getting me depressed, and I don't really know what to do in order to move on. I want to believe that I can still be best friends with them but its making my insecurities worst.

And I apparently push people away when they try to help and I don't know what to do, so I guess this fits under relationships..

Anyone have any advice?
If not, then sorry for wasting your time again...

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Pirouette Offline
Just a girl strolling by
I've been here a while

Name: Rishy

Re: Pushing People Away/Moving On - August 20th 2012, 04:34 PM

Hey there,
I'm also having kinda the same problems with my friends too, and honestly, I think there are only 2 solutions: Talk to your old friends about how you feel and hang out with them and just remind them of the old memories(that helps sometimes) or make new friends just like your old friends are doing and try to move on. In my life experience, this has helped because I transferred schools a lot and eventually, people are just really busy with school and their life they just don't have time to contact you. Don't feel upset about it, just keep yourself busy and yeah. If you feel lonely and want to talk to people, feel free to send me a PM or VM anytime I'd be happy to help and talk you you anytime

Closed Thread