TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Hannah36 Offline
Living With Reality.
Not a n00b

Name: Hannah

Mum being a control freak - August 23rd 2012, 11:44 PM

i'm starting to get really pissed off with Mum lately, she's trying to control my life, and basically whatever decision she makes i have to go along with. she's wanting me to change schools and life with my dad for my senior years, she's trying to control my schooling. i told her that i dont want to leave behind my friends, even though the school im at is a shit-hole. i can put up with 2 more years. she says that she cant put up with the town for that long, the thing is that she doesnt even have to put up with half of what i put up with at school. and if i can put up with 2 more years, so can she.

and also lately she's going through my room and looking through all my stuff, tidying things up, reading diaries and shit like that. i told her i feel like i dont have any privacy, she said that once i get my act together she will stop going through my stuff, but she doesnt have a right to. and she even went through my school bag and went through all the stuff i had in there, like private notes i have for my stories.
im getting really sick of it and lately i've had a massive temper and i cant handle things anymore. she even threatened to tell my dad the things i got up to at the start of the year, and she would tell him to disown me, then i would have no one in my life. thats what she wants., i just want to get away from this but im not sure how to handle the situation anymore.

Broken 29/6/12

If you ever need someone to talk to or if you just want someone to listen, feel free to message me

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Kate* Online
Newsletter Tips Writer
Outside, huh?

Name: Katie

Re: Mum being a control freak - August 23rd 2012, 11:59 PM

I don't know the full story, but if your mother wants you to "get your act together" than she has a reason to go through your things and essentially not trust you. Since you're in her house, technically your privacy is a privilege, but I do think you should be allowed to keep certain things private, like your diary for example. As far as school goes, she's probably trying to make the decision that is best for you and your education. It sounds like she's more concerned about your learning environment and the quality of your education than your friends and looking at it from her side, I can understand that. I understand that you're upset about all of this, but the angrier you get, the more control she's going to try and hold over you. Talk to her about things without getting angry and see if you can come up with a compromise.

LHO: March 31, 2008- October 13, 2012

"Freedom is what you do with what's been done to you." Jean Paul Sarte

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Hannah36 Offline
Living With Reality.
Not a n00b

Name: Hannah

Re: Mum being a control freak - August 24th 2012, 12:02 AM

i cant really handle things rationally seeing as though lately ive been getting a horrible temper. she knows ive been going back to church but she thinks of me as a worthless piece of shit so i dont know why she even bothers.

Broken 29/6/12

If you ever need someone to talk to or if you just want someone to listen, feel free to message me

Closed Thread