TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
will was here Offline
You're stronger than you think
Average Joe

Name: Will!

Unhappy Dear Aunt, I know I'm weird- you don't have to remind me... - September 3rd 2012, 01:34 AM

all the time I've lived with her my aunt has been very loving and understanding. She has been a person in my life that has made me who I am today and she will always have a special place in my heart. But ever since i can remember she has always told me about my flaws. I don't dress the way she wants me to, I don't act the way other boys my age do, I forgot to do this or that. I AM NOT PERFECT! So ok here's when this got ugly. I collect doll. I know this is not what normal 19 year old boys do but it's something i'm passionate about. My aunt saw me on the doll store site and she said, "your not getting another doll are you?" and i said "I already did!" And she said, "You know it's very strange for a 19 year old to be getting dolls you know that right? It's very weird." And this is not the only time she has done this. I'm an adult now. I don't need her to tell me all the things that are wrong with me. I could just talk to her but she is very emotional. things make her upset very easily. I dont know what to do. I hate this harassment. Especially from someone I love so much.

what do i do?

will was here

flower
hello my heart where have you been
I missed you when you left
you ran away with that senseless boy
and left me dim and dry
like a faded flower in the mist

Come back my heart. you have a home here
In this place that is my soul
I want to feel like whole again. don't waste your time with him

Have faith my heart. You'll get a second chance
come back to me and you will not be alone
  Send a message via AIM to will was here  
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Validity Offline
I can't get enough

Name: Jay
Location: In the deep, dark, treacherous place called my mind. Oh and Australia!

Re: Dear Aunt, I know I'm weird- you don't have to remind me... - September 3rd 2012, 03:39 AM

Perhaps just sit her down and tell her that what she's saying hurts you. Yeah, I know what it's like to have parents/carers tell me everything I do is wrong. My own mother even tells me if I wear too less makeup or if I'm over-dressed. I mean, hell, they don't know how much it stings when they constantly interfere in a guys/girls life. Tell her how you feel, communication is key.

Over and out, Jay.

Buddy since 18/11/12 LiveHelp Operator since 22/12/12 Add me on Facebook Jay Louise Shorrock!
A whisper in the dark; is better than silence in the light. -Courtesy of your's truly.
My blog is open to all, those whom are easily triggered avoid, it's a story about a girl and her life and how far she has come over the years. If you read it, I hope it inspires you to keep fighting and to NEVER give up!

When you can no longer think of a reason to continue, you must think of a reason to start over.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
PSY Offline
Hugh Jackman ♥

TeenHelp Veteran

Name: Robin

Re: Dear Aunt, I know I'm weird- you don't have to remind me... - September 5th 2012, 12:55 AM

If your aunt gets upset, then she gets upset. It would be unfortunate, but avoiding the problem isn't a solution. Sometimes, people will get upset in order to avoid confrontation - could it be that your aunt has a pattern of doing this? If so, then it's especially important to break that pattern and say what needs to be said. Otherwise, no matter how much you love her, this relationship is going to continue to deteriorate, until it's beyond salvaging.

Closed Thread