TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
I can't get enough

Name: Rachell

My sister's friends? - September 4th 2012, 01:10 AM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of peer pressure or bullying, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread might therefore not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

Again, sorry guys if there are a lot of spelling/ grammar mistakes. This keyboard is terrible!

But back onto subject...
My younger sister hs her friends over like every single day (not joking) and I share a room with her, and they are all so mean to me.

They go through my stuff, call me names, make fun of me because of the items i have, clothes i wear, and what music i listen to, and what hurts me the most is when they make fun of say things about my sexuality.

I'm called a nerd, lesbian, and a ginger. Yeah the nerd and ginger things aren't hurtful to me, but they are so annoying. Like "oh yeah thanks for telling me my hair color, I thought it was blonde for the past 14 years."

and then one of her friends is in my grade and literally yells at me just because she can't talk to my sister the second she wants to.

My sister's best friend won't even let me into my own bedroom when she's over. And I know it's my room, I can go in there whenever i feel like it. But this girl is the "popular" type. (not trying to be rude there, that's just what we call them at our school.) And if I mess with her this girl will literally beat the crap out of me. And this girl gets in fights all of the time.

And I was walking into my room one day to get my shoes and i didn't know she was in there, and i saw her for like 2 seconds getting dressed so she got mad at me. I was like (thinking) "Oh I'm sorry, I didn't know I had to knock before I entered my own room?" and so she was calling me a lesbian for that.

And this other girl that comes over calls me a lesbian every day just because i have a rainbow pin.Plus this same girl used my hair brush!!! Like stay out of my stuff.

Then another one of her friends went through my stuff and my library books were thrown all over the floor and my bed was a mess.

I'm just sick and tired of her friends. My parents don't want her to stop having friends over. So what should I do? My sister said that she don't give a crap of how her friends treat me because they are guests and I have to treat them with respect no matter what.

I told my mom that one girl didn't want me in my room and so my mom talked to my sister, and then my sister talked to her friend. And I literally heard them talking crap about me. And I was in the living room. So yeah I kind of got the impression if I do one more thing to this ril, she'll beat me up. Like even my sister is on her side.

Her friends are picking on me too because I have a teddy bear! Like its a Rascal Flatts teddy bear. There are 3 posters of them on my wall! They also make fun of me because I fell asleep in a pair of jeans one time. So now I'm gross and a pig! And then I'm made fun of because I listen to country music!!! I guess I'm just looking for ideas on how to deal with a bunch of total jerks that are around me every single day!!!

~I was always scared of everything, even the carousel.~

~Don't worry about me. I'm sort of feeling fine, but by tomorrow, I'll be back on my feet again.~

-Goodnight Tonight

(#2 (permalink)) Old
PSY Offline
Hugh Jackman ♥

TeenHelp Veteran

Name: Robin

Re: My sister's friends? - September 6th 2012, 04:50 AM

Oftentimes, bullies will give you the impression that telling on them will result in worse consequences (ex. getting beat up). What I've discovered over the years is that it's not always true - and if given the choice between certain torment and possibly making my situation better, I'd go for the latter option. Sure, there's a chance things could get worse... but if you get beat up, you can go to the police, and guess what? Since they've been calling you a lesbian, it would be considered a hate crime. That is a very, VERY serious matter to the police.

Talk to your parents. Your mom seemed to take action when you confided in her about not being able to get into your room, so do it again - and this time, tell her about all the bullying. Tell her you're afraid of getting beat up. If your parents don't seem to take it seriously, then try a different approach: explain that you want your sister to be happy, but not at your expense, so ask if a compromise can be reached (ex. your sister and her friends are allowed to go to another house/the mall/the park/etc. on some of their visits, allowing you to have the room to yourself).

I would also talk to your school's guidance counselor about all of this, after you have talked to your parents. Schools are a bit slow when it comes to bullying, but they're starting to take these cases more seriously nowadays, given how many teens have committed suicide as a result on verbal bullying.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
I can't get enough

Re: My sister's friends? - September 6th 2012, 10:49 PM

Thank you so much!!! This really does help a lot.

~Don't worry about me. I'm sort of feeling fine, but by tomorrow, I'll be back on my feet again.~

-Goodnight Tonight

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Adam the Fish Offline
The Skittlemeister.
I can't get enough

Name: Adam

Re: My sister's friends? - September 6th 2012, 10:55 PM

Good luck.
I dunno, how can you ever add anything to PSY's posts? They're so...good.
Bah, rubbish adjective.

Skittlify me up...
Adam the Fish | 26/08/12 | 08/10/12 | 02/12/12 | 09/02/13 | 01/06/13 | 30/08/13 | 25/11/13
...spreading happiness and joy around the Internet!
...well, I try, anyway. .......................
private message.visitor message.profile.email
"May we always remember that we are the rainbow."

(#5 (permalink)) Old
I can't get enough

Re: My sister's friends? - September 6th 2012, 11:04 PM

Thank you so much!!!!

-Goodnight Tonight

Closed Thread