TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Doctor's Companion
I've been here a while

Name: Michaela

Exclamation Don't know what to do! - September 4th 2012, 08:53 PM

I just got back from my fiance's place last night and as soon as I walked in, the trouble with my family kicked off again, their words really hurt me and they never apologise for what they said even when they know it was wrong of them. They say stuff like you are a scruff and you don't belong here. I just wish I had a job to get my own place because I just can't stand much more of this. Another thing my parents said really hurt me, when they said I was a scruff and had no personal hygiene (which none of that is true because I do) they said I don't see why your fiance is with you. The truth is they don't know my fiance at all and I know they don't like him. He came over mine today to support me and they just kept blanking him when he said hello. We just kept in my room out of the way.

But their cruel words that they have said all these years are hurting me deep inside and I feel like I am going mental. What should I do? Please, someone help!
  Send a message via MSN to Raggedy Man, Goodnight!  
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
PSY Offline
Hugh Jackman ♥

TeenHelp Veteran

Name: Robin

Re: Don't know what to do! - September 6th 2012, 05:12 AM

Move out? I mean, that seems like the obvious choice to me, since you're already engaged and will eventually move out anyway. Sometimes, you have to make a major life transition like that before you can work toward salvaging relationships with family members. That was the case for me with my mom - it took me a few years, but eventually, we started to feel more comfortable around each other. We really just needed space from each other, and moving out allowed us to get that space, reassess our relationship, and begin to treat one another with more respect.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Doctor's Companion
I've been here a while

Name: Michaela

Re: Don't know what to do! - September 6th 2012, 12:53 PM

Hi Robin, we don't have jobs at the moment so we can't afford a place of our own as the government is stopping financial help with rent and such. I have tried talking to them and I have tried explaining that their words hurt me. All I want is for us all to get on, my parents havs always treat me like dirt but I have learned to ignore most of what they say. But I couldn't ignore what they said the other night. These words hurt me more than any nasty thing they have ever said to me.
  Send a message via MSN to Raggedy Man, Goodnight!  
Closed Thread