TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
iFly Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Unhappy Is my sister in love with my boyfriend?! - September 7th 2012, 10:27 PM

Hi guys so I'm Britt! I'm new to this but I'm going to try this out BECAUSE this is like my life put into one website! Anyways so I need some adviceeee! If there's one thing I hate is I hate being a twin. My sister Jackie and I have been getting in a lot of fights lately. We used to be inseparable! What I hate the most is looking exactly like her because we're identical! Everybody at school and my family think my sister and I are like the siamese twins or something but when we are together with just us or our close friends, hell breaks loose. I've always loved Jackie until she started to change.

So I've had a boyfriend for a year and a half right now. Every single time he's over and we're watching a movie Jackie goes to the kitchen to grab something to "eat" (which is probably my boyfriend). Then he even told me that one time, he went to the bathroom when we were hanging out and Jackie comes up to him and asked him if I bored him and if he wanted to hang out in her room with her. She also hugs him even before I do when he gets here. She just has to run to the door before me because it's like she expects to see him every time I let her know he's coming... After he leaves, hell breaks loose and Jackie and I get into a huge fight. One of our friends told me Jackie probably likes him because she talks about him a lot (this was yesterday). My sister and I aren't talking anymore because I think it may be true. When I banged on her door and sat there and talked with her I totally blew up.

Our Convo: (J=Jackie)
Me: JACKIE WE NEED TO TALK!!!!
J: Um about what?
Me: DO YOU LIKE JAY?!
J: What the hell are you talking about no I don't!
Me: THIS ISN'T EFFING FUNNY ANSWER THE QUESTION
J: What makes you think I like your boyfriend!?!?!?
Me: *lists reasons*
J: I deffs don't like Jay...
Me: I really think you do.
J: You don't tell me who I do and don't like!!!
Me : *Pile of bad language*
And then I storm out....

I really hope it isn't though because I am not willing to lose the guy I love to my sister! What should I do about this?! I don't think I can make her NOT like him!!! Help?!?!?!

(#2 (permalink)) Old
00escada00 Offline
Not a n00b

Name: Sarah

Re: Is my sister in love with my boyfriend?! - September 7th 2012, 10:50 PM

Is it possible that your sister feels a bit left out? You say that you and your sister used to be really close. Maybe this is just her way of trying to get you to notice her (some people feel that bad attention is better than no attention at all).
Your sister is your sister for life and so it would be great for you both if you could somehow overcome your differences. It's great that you've already tried to talk to her, but I think that you may need to try again. Try and keep calm during the conversation and tell her what's on your mind.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
iFly Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Is my sister in love with my boyfriend?! - September 7th 2012, 11:00 PM

That could work but she all of a sudden started to get attached to him and stuff. We have been dating for a year and a half and this has been the past two weeks???

(#4 (permalink)) Old
00escada00 Offline
Not a n00b

Name: Sarah

Re: Is my sister in love with my boyfriend?! - September 8th 2012, 10:30 AM

Does your boyfriend know that you're worried that your sister likes him? I've had a family member fancy a few of my boyfriends (and she's certainly not been afraid to tell them), but I was lucky enough to have boyfriends that I could trust who wouldn't cheat on me. & as for that family member, I didn't bother getting angry with her because I felt sorry for her that she couldn't find her own guy... she had to try and get mine.
You've been with your boyfriend for a year and a half, so you obviously have something special and i'm sure that if your sister does fancy him, that he would never act on it because he has you. Once your sister realises that he doesn't fancy her, she will hopefully move on.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Validity Offline
I can't get enough

Name: Jay
Location: In the deep, dark, treacherous place called my mind. Oh and Australia!

Re: Is my sister in love with my boyfriend?! - September 8th 2012, 12:09 PM

I think your sister might actually be jealous of you for having a long-term relationship. That maybe she realised that your relationship is really serious. She might also be afraid to lose YOU to your boyfriend so Jackie is trying to be friendly with him, but maybe she doesn't realise she's taken it too far and it was misconstrued as a crush. But, I may be wrong, she may have a crush on him but she might not know what to do.

Just have a civilised conversation with her and if you feel like you're going to start screaming at her take a few breaths, walk away, calm down and then continue.

Best of luck,
Jay.

Buddy since 18/11/12 LiveHelp Operator since 22/12/12 Add me on Facebook Jay Louise Shorrock!
A whisper in the dark; is better than silence in the light. -Courtesy of your's truly.
My blog is open to all, those whom are easily triggered avoid, it's a story about a girl and her life and how far she has come over the years. If you read it, I hope it inspires you to keep fighting and to NEVER give up!

When you can no longer think of a reason to continue, you must think of a reason to start over.

Closed Thread