TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Never Forget Hope
I can't get enough

Name: Kelly

Aunt Has Cancer...I'm scared she's going to die - January 11th 2009, 04:47 PM

My aunt's cancer is getting worse. Last month I lost my grandma and my great aunt. I love my aunt. I can't lose her too.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
LucyLouWho Offline
In that order...
I've been here a while

Name: Chelsey

Re: Aunt Has Cancer...I'm scared she's going to die - January 11th 2009, 05:35 PM

I can only imagine how difficult for you to deal with. I'm so sorry to hear about your grandma and your great aunt.

Hang in there and be strong. I know it's hard, but it's really the best thing to do. Be strong for your aunt. Spend time with her and let her know that you care about her. I wish that I had something more to say that could help, but I'm really at a loss for words. I'm just so sorry to hear that you've lost these people and that your aunt isn't doing well.

I'll keep your family in my thoughts, okay? Take care and if you ever need to talk, just let me know. Be strong.

Previously Mommy.Wife.Student

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Banana_choc Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: KT

Re: Aunt Has Cancer...I'm scared she's going to die - January 12th 2009, 06:19 PM

I am really sorry your aunt has cancer and I am sorry for your past loses. If you can spend time with her and cherish it. People do live many years after they are diagnosed with cancer but it depends on the type of cancer, the stage it is at when they find it, the treatment and the strength of the individual. Hang in there, and visit your aunt. Make her a card, bring her flowers, get her a book of something she is interested in and so on.
  Send a message via AIM to Banana_choc  
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Penguin Queen Offline
Penguin queen!!
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Annie

Re: Aunt Has Cancer...I'm scared she's going to die - January 13th 2009, 07:58 AM

I am really sorry that you have to go though this, I know how hard it can be, I lost my grandad earlier this year. The thing that really helped me get through it was the fact I visited him a lot (although it wasn't that great while I was actually there, after I got home and after he died it helped me deal with it). Try and stay positive, and ask your family whats going on, so you are prepared for what might happen. If she does die, we are here for you, and same goes if she doesn't. Feel free to PM me anytime.

fait
h is a bluebird that you see from afar
it is real and as sure as the first evening star
can't touch it, or buy it, or lock it up tight
but its there just the same
making things turn out right

LE PE
NGUIN QUEEN

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Never Forget Hope
I can't get enough

Re: Aunt Has Cancer...I'm scared she's going to die - January 13th 2009, 09:24 AM

Well, my aunt and I never have been really close. But I still love her very much. I don't know what the doctors plan on doing now. I'm much calmer about the situation though. Let's just hope my aunt will be as bullheaded as she normally is.

Thank you for the replies.

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Guess who!
Average Joe

Name: Deedlit

Re: Aunt Has Cancer...I'm scared she's going to die - January 13th 2009, 10:41 AM

My aunt has cancer too, she's in today getting an operation. If you'd like to talk to me feel free to PM me ok?

It's tough, I know.

(#7 (permalink)) Old
Never Forget Hope
I can't get enough

Re: Aunt Has Cancer...I'm scared she's going to die - January 15th 2009, 07:03 PM

Thanks guys. Apparently she's going to eb getting radiation and chemo. Wish her luck.

(#8 (permalink)) Old
Jaymz404 Offline
Banned
Regular TeenHelper

Name: James

Re: Aunt Has Cancer...I'm scared she's going to die - January 15th 2009, 07:10 PM

Well why don't you find out specific details?

What stage is it?

Once you know what stage it is, you can look at what type of cancer she has and what stage she is in and look at mortality rates. From that you can make an educated guess.

You can also read up on what she will go through, and show her how much you are there for her. You can read up on what Chemo does to her, and what things can make a Chemo patient feel better. Bring her those things etc etc.

(#9 (permalink)) Old
Never Forget Hope
I can't get enough

Re: Aunt Has Cancer...I'm scared she's going to die - January 15th 2009, 07:15 PM

Yeah, I know. And she's already been doing chemo. Theyre adding in the radiation now. I plan on learning more about it and being there for her more. Tomorrow Im going over to clean her house for her so she won't have to do alot.

(#10 (permalink)) Old
Jaymz404 Offline
Banned
Regular TeenHelper

Name: James

Re: Aunt Has Cancer...I'm scared she's going to die - January 15th 2009, 07:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by escape_thereal_world View Post
Yeah, I know. And she's already been doing chemo. Theyre adding in the radiation now. I plan on learning more about it and being there for her more. Tomorrow Im going over to clean her house for her so she won't have to do alot.
Sounds good, do research on it, she will be impressed by how much you care. And like I said, I won't list them, but there are some things that make people feel better after Chemo and radiation so you could try them and see if she responds to them.

(#11 (permalink)) Old
tk338 Offline
I've been here a while

Re: Aunt Has Cancer...I'm scared she's going to die - January 16th 2009, 01:12 PM

Heya Mystery, I lost my grandad to cancer a few years ago, and ive just found out my nans got it too now, so in addition to all those who've said Pm me, Pm me if you like, Im always here to talk .

How can one love themselves, when they love absolutely nothing?
Do something that is interesting. If it is not interesting, find out why it is not interesting.

Closed Thread