TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Spikey Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Molly

No friends O.o - October 7th 2012, 07:13 PM

I feel like I've got no friends.

Even though I have a best friend who I still speak to a few times a week, and a boyfriend, and a couple of other friends I speak to.

I just... don't know.

I feel so down right now because I feel as if I have no friends.

And I can't really go out because my oyster card hasn't arrived yet, and wont for a while because I gave the form in quite late beacause I had difficulty getting it signed.

(Note: An oyster card is a card that you apply for in London (England) to give you a free pass on buses and half price on trains and trams and stuff. The person applying for one has to sign it, as well as their parent/guardian and their school).

I just don't really know what to do...

Thanks,
RosieJ

And she turns up the music, to drown out her life.

22/12/2014 was the last date I self-harmed. The longest I have gone so far is 1 year, 2 months and 5 days. This time, I hope I can give up! New record: 1 year 6 months! Yay!!
Previously:
Kibska

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Cassie999 Offline
Banned
Regular TeenHelper

Re: No friends O.o - October 8th 2012, 04:08 PM

Hi Rosie,

Maybe you feel like you got no friends because you don't have anyone to hang with. You talk to friends yeah but....it's not really socializing like hanging out with you outside of school, college you know what I mean. The friends you speak to why don't you ask them if they would like to meet up with you and hang out with you when you get your oyster card.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Stuck.in.time Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Ani ;p

Re: No friends O.o - October 9th 2012, 07:57 PM

Hi there RosieJ.

Have you always felt this way, or at least for quite some time? Or perhaps recently? If it's recently then perhaps that feeling of social isolation is a by-product emotion of accumulated stress or just generally feeling low within the past few days.

And maybe you've also felt this way because you feel there hasn't been any effort made to hang out there?- sorry, does that make any sense? I guess what I'm trying to say is kind of what like Cassie999 has said. Try making the effort to hang out with existing friends and perhaps make the time and effort to make new friends. Of course they'll be people who you'll find aren't really your friends, and there are others who you will just 'click' with.

I wish you all the best RosieJ!

Hope this helps!

I know it's time to move on and let go... but I can't. I'm just... Stuck.in.time

Closed Thread