TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Manasvi
Location: A hidden, faaaaar-off world where people love each other and everything is just perfect. :)

Unhappy Hating her more and more. - October 10th 2012, 03:39 PM

This thread has been labeled as triggering by the original poster or by a Moderator. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

I try to get along with my Mom. I really do! But today it just went out of control. She started screaming her lungs out and then slapped me a couple of times, twisted my arm and cursed me. She was like, "Just die! It's better to have no child rather than having a nuisance, good-for-nothing like you! You're a disgrace, get that?!"
Me: But Mom! Listen to me once!
She: Stop arguing before I kick you out or strangle you to death! Get out of my sight right now!"
Me: *goes upstairs, crying my eyes out*

Later in evening:
Dad called me.
He: Apologize to your mom right away. Behave yourself or you're gonna get it real bad."
Me: But what did I do?!
He: Just say sorry!

Me: *goes downstairs and says sorry*
Mum: Fine, just go away! And remember, you live with S! We feed you! We can hit you, scold you, do whatever we want!

Seriously, I know hate is a strong word but I can't help it.
I cut again today.
Can I please teleport to some far-off place somehow??

All we can do is Keep Breathing...!

(#2 (permalink)) Old
PurpleMoon Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Billie

Re: Hating her more and more. - October 10th 2012, 03:48 PM

Hey, I’m sorry your having a bad time. It sounds like it sucks. Your parents don’t have any right to treat you like that. No matter what you have don’t it doesn’t give them the right hit you and you should feel like you have to cut. I want you to tell a teacher or a friends parent.

Cutting isn’t going to help you in the long run, yeah it makes you feel better for a little while but it doesn’t last. It can lead to worse things.
If you ever need to talk feel free to PM me

One day your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure its worth watching.

Memento mori - Remember you must die

Memento Vivere - Remember to live

Carpe diem - Seize the Day

“Man cannot discover new oceans unless he has the courage to lose sight of the shore.” -Andre Gide

(#3 (permalink)) Old
NevermindMe Offline
The Straight Edge Sniper
I've been here a while

Re: Hating her more and more. - October 10th 2012, 06:04 PM

I completely understand how you feel. My mother has went through a series of depressive episodes that always result in extreme negativity focused towards me. And I want to tell you one thing: she has no right to tell you that you didn't deserve to be born. Her actions are completely out of line, and she is wrong.

Honestly, your best chance is to apologize and move on. Arguing with a crazy person will not help you. If you are with someone who refuses to have a constructive discussion, the next best thing is to apologize and avoid her.

I would assume her violence against you isn't about physical punishment, but rather control. Therefore, I wouldn't allow her to use violence to control you anymore. Fighting back isn't a good choice, rather, I would work on several points;
- Remove yourself from a violent situation. If she begins to use violence against you, leave. Lock yourself in your room and refuse to come out until she speaks to you in a calm manner.
- Make it clear her actions only belittle her and only help prove that she has no control because she feels the need to physically assert herself against you.
- Explain you are willing to defend yourself, should it be needed.
- Explain her actions are very much illegal, and she would be in a lot of trouble, should you choose to contact the authorities.

As I said, I completely understand your situation, and removing yourself from the situation is most often the best course of action. Feel free to PM me or reply on this thread if you have any questions, or want further assistance.

- Justin

"Buy it, use it, break it, fix it,
Trash it, change it, mail, upgrade it,
Charge it, point it, zoom it, press it,
Snap it, work it, quick, erase it,
Write it, cut it, paste it, save it,
Load it, check it, quick, rewrite it"
Technologic

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Senior TeenHelper

Location: A hidden, faaaaar-off world where people love each other and everything is just perfect. :)

Re: Hating her more and more. - October 11th 2012, 09:21 AM

Thanks guys.
And Justin, I guess I would do that only. There's not really a choice anyway.
I mean okay, she is probably right about the nuisance, disgrace part after my horrible exams but violence? Seriously?
I'll avoid her I guess.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Validity Offline
I can't get enough

Name: Jay
Location: In the deep, dark, treacherous place called my mind. Oh and Australia!

Re: Hating her more and more. - October 11th 2012, 09:41 AM

Hey darl, sorry to hear it's so bad but I know how you feel. It got so bad yesterday I screamed at her and then stormed off and ran away. I'm home now but it just proves I'm more of a disappointment than I thought. I nearly got hit by a few cars as well so I know I wasn't in my right mind but she had no right to treat me like that, nor do your parents. You should be able to be proud of the results you get and not drown in guilt for not getting the best. You're a teenager, enjoy these years because soon you're going to wish for them back.

Love you babe,
Jay.

Buddy since 18/11/12 LiveHelp Operator since 22/12/12 Add me on Facebook Jay Louise Shorrock!
A whisper in the dark; is better than silence in the light. -Courtesy of your's truly.
My blog is open to all, those whom are easily triggered avoid, it's a story about a girl and her life and how far she has come over the years. If you read it, I hope it inspires you to keep fighting and to NEVER give up!

When you can no longer think of a reason to continue, you must think of a reason to start over.

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Always * Offline
I can't get enough

Re: Hating her more and more. - October 11th 2012, 11:05 PM

How your parents are treating you is NOT ok. Your mom good as told you that she thinks it is ok to abuse you simply because you are her child and if she has to take care of you then therefore it's some god given right for her to treat you like crap while she's at it?

Because from my view, that's what it seems like. Child abuse. Whether it is a need for control or something else entirely it seems like there is SOMETHING in your moms life where this is her way to try to deal with things.

Now, the real question is this: Do you want to stay there? Because theoretically, you could always use your phone to record some of the abusive things your mom says (and I'm guessing you might have bruises or something) and take it to CPS, your still 15 (according to the profile) and you can be placed in a foster home. Or you could find a relative or someone legally old enough to be your guardian.

Feel free to PM me if you ever need to chat or have questions

(#7 (permalink)) Old
Senior TeenHelper

Re: Hating her more and more. - October 12th 2012, 11:59 AM

Jay: Thanks! I try but it all goes in vain. They hate me, I just know!

Bumble Bee: CPS? Well, I'd do that if it's,like, the last option left. I really wanna live in a happy family so I'm trying to make it work. :/

(#8 (permalink)) Old
PurpleMoon Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Billie

Re: Hating her more and more. - October 12th 2012, 05:01 PM

The way they are treating your really isn't fair. I really think it would be better for you to talk to someone, but it is your choice. You dont diserve to be told your anything, your young and yeah you can make mistakes but that just a part of life.

If you ever need to talk you can PM me

One day your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure its worth watching.

Memento mori - Remember you must die

Memento Vivere - Remember to live

Carpe diem - Seize the Day

“Man cannot discover new oceans unless he has the courage to lose sight of the shore.” -Andre Gide

Closed Thread