TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Manasvi
Location: A hidden, faaaaar-off world where people love each other and everything is just perfect. :)

Unhappy Losing my best friend day by day - October 29th 2012, 03:49 AM

My friend has been down since quite a few weeks. I tried to talk to her but she wouldn't tell me the reason and just said that it's something about Sam (her crush). I didn't force her. I just said that whenever she is ready to talk, I'm ready to listen.
But she is not even receiving my calls or replying to my texts. Worst part: She is talking to EVERYONE ELSE but me. When I asked her about it, she just went, "No I'm not talking to anybody. I cut your call cuz I knew you'd ask for an explanation. I'm busy now. Bye."
I tell her everything and she is (or was?) my best friend! Then why is she behaving like this with me?? I'm not even worth an explanation, huh?
It's her birthday on 31st and I spent all my time making her a birthday present but I'm not even sure whether I'd give that to her or not. Some of my friends think I'm quite obsessed about my best friend. I'm not!
I just want my best friend back. She was the only one who supported me through everything and now, she's drifting away too.

All we can do is Keep Breathing...!

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Chris Offline
Outside, huh?

Name: Chris

Re: Losing my best friend day by day - October 29th 2012, 06:55 PM

Well I think that time/space is needed. If she is in fact just ignoring you, and no one else, the last thing you want to do is force her or push her to give you a whole story. Take a few steps back, don't text/call her for a few days, and then try to call her again. I think that maybe you SHOULD give her that gift, because that may help things. However if nothing changes, and she keeps ignoring your calls/texts after 7-10 more days, then you should comfront her about it and tell her that you feel its just you shes ignoring and you want the friendship to stay strong and not fail. If she doesn't respond back, or responds negatively after your comfront her, then there really isn't much you can do at that point but move on.

Best wishes,
Chris

Chris
I hope you know that you deserve it all. The best, the most honest, the most beautiful purest love in the world. Not only to be loved by others, but to be loved by yourself. To look in the mirror and think "Yes, I'm exactly who I want to be". To speak up and be proud of yourself. To be brave and open. You deserve the nicest and most caring people to walk into your life. You deserve it all, you know. The whole world...

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Senior TeenHelper

Location: A hidden, faaaaar-off world where people love each other and everything is just perfect. :)

Re: Losing my best friend day by day - October 31st 2012, 04:39 PM

I guess I'd try. I just go all hyper and panicky when people ignore me.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Chris Offline
Outside, huh?

Name: Chris

Re: Losing my best friend day by day - October 31st 2012, 08:06 PM

Which is understandable; however there will always be situations you come across when people ignore you, and there isn't much you can do but try to make things work. And if in the end things don't work, you can alteast walk away knowing that you put more than enough effort into the friendship/relationship and trying to get things to work. You can't make things work or be successful, but you can (and should) atleast try. Whatever happens after that is out of your hands.

Best wishes,
Chris

Chris
I hope you know that you deserve it all. The best, the most honest, the most beautiful purest love in the world. Not only to be loved by others, but to be loved by yourself. To look in the mirror and think "Yes, I'm exactly who I want to be". To speak up and be proud of yourself. To be brave and open. You deserve the nicest and most caring people to walk into your life. You deserve it all, you know. The whole world...

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Senior TeenHelper

Re: Losing my best friend day by day - November 1st 2012, 10:03 AM

You're right. I'll just try my best and give her some time.
Thanks!
xx

Closed Thread