TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
~Madam~ Offline
Poop
Average Joe

Name: Ellie

Angry I hate my family. - May 23rd 2013, 03:11 AM

I must start out with-- I'm sorry if there's any bad language. I'm not sure the direction this is heading, but without too much of an intro. I will begin.
-
I have a brother, two actually. One is younger one is older. The other day, Sunday to be exact-- The morning of, I woke up pretty late. Around noon. I go downstairs and ask my brother if I could watch some Tv. He was busy with his friend, so I asked him to at least turn down the sound. Of course the insensitive asshole he is, he didn't. So, I decided myself to go and turn it down. Little did I know- he was going to attack me. I'm not just talking the whole "GIVE ME THE REMOTE" and him reaching for it. He started hitting, kicking, scratching, and punching me. He grabbed the back of my sweatshirt almost choking me. Then he took the remote out of my hand. At that point I didn't exactly care. I just kept screaming at him "Don't you EVER touch me like that AGAIN. Do you understand?" I mean, I was literally screaming it to him. Over and over again. He just laughed at me. Anyways, so I just walked away and started bawling. Nobody did anything. They just watched me. It was so embarrassing. I'm not sure how my brother could get away with that.

Anyways, so today the topic popped up again. Around where I am, a lot of children have been having accidents where they end up dead/hurt. And so my mum told me not to "torture my brother." I wasn't sure what that meant, so I asked. She told me that "What if you told your brother you hated him, and the next day he went on a field trip and DIED!? How would you feel!?" And now I'm confused and angry. Like why would you even say something like that? I got kind of mad and asked her why she would say something like that, and she just ignored me. What she had said was super uncalled for. I don't even get why she said that. Again, I'm still angry with my brother over what he did. I feel like I have a right to be angry. It just makes no sense on why she brought up him dying. It just really got to me, and made me feel like complete shit. I just don't know what to do anymore. It seems as though she favorites my brother. Like I just don't even matter. I'm sick of feeling this way, and I don't know what to do. To be totally honest, I don't even remember the last time she said she loved me. It just sickens me to even think about that.

Thanks for listening to me, if you read this. I'm sorry it's so long. But yeah, thanks.

----
Just a few of my favorite Marilyn Monroe quotes

-
"Everybody is always tugging at you. They'd all like a sort of chunck out of you. I don't think they realize it, but it's like 'grrr do this, grr do that...' But you do want to stay intact and on two feet."
-
"I was never used to being happy, so that wasn't something I took for granted. You see, I was brought up differently from the average American child because the average American child is brought up expecting to be happy."

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Bronze_Dragon Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: I hate my family. - May 23rd 2013, 01:07 PM

I think you have the right to be angry, i would have been angry to. I think you should wait until he says that he's sorry, you can't let people treat you like that, even though they are your own family. And, why don't you talk with your mom? You know, tell her how you feel. You might be misunderstanding. But i really don't like the fact that she said that to you. You should ask her about that to. But just, hold your ground, even though he is your brother he can't do that to you. I hope i helped,

Closed Thread