TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
xxxskittlesxxx Offline
helloooo :D
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Sophie

my dad - January 12th 2009, 08:28 AM

My dad is such a bum!!!!!!!!!!!!!! he screams at me for the littlest things! its getting so bad now and i have put up with it for 5 years , i just want to run away from it all.

i am fuming right now , i am off sick and i asked mum to cook me some dinner but she wasent too good herself so i went down and cooked me something and i was about to come upstairs and dad chucked something at my face and started calling me a pikey and telling me too clean my own s*** up. so basicaly he took something out my bin and chucked it at me to throw away!?!. i started shouting back because i was just so angry and i stared telling him he needs anger management blah blah blah and mum was just stood at the top of the stairs looking at me and not even saying anything.

its funny how anargument can suddenly spring up over nothing.

hees such a head doer.

You don't know about my past, and
I don't have a future figured out.
And maybe this is going too fast.
And maybe it's not meant to last,

I AM A BANANA

imi , sophie , me

(#2 (permalink)) Old
jamie :) Offline
was broken_inside
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Jamie

Re: my dad - January 12th 2009, 09:00 AM

Hey
I know exactly how you feel,
I have the same but it is more with my mum. My dad tends not to say anything cos he knows that I am right and my mum is just wanting a opportuity to throw me out.
I know its hard but sometimes you gotta take the things that are said and done with a pinch of salt and if they cant see that it is affecting you to bite back then they will soon stop.

Believe me this has worked for me hunni

Loves
xx
  Send a message via MSN to jamie :) Send a message via Skype™ to jamie :) 
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Claire Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Claire

Re: my dad - January 12th 2009, 09:42 AM

Dad's are so annoying, you just can't tell them anything. It sounds exactly like something my Dad would do. My Dad came in my room once and stood on a plate and moaned at ME for leaving it on the floor. It was the only thing on the floor, right in the middle of the carpet, surely he could have seen it?!

I moved out a couple of years ago and now me and my Dad get on great. If I go back and stay with him its only for a week at the most because we just fight, but I'm so glad I don't live with him anymore. I feel for you, I really do! But try not to let him get to you. I just used to sit there while my Dad went on and on and then laugh when he went coz its just so funny! x x

(#4 (permalink)) Old
xxxskittlesxxx Offline
helloooo :D
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Sophie

Re: my dad - January 12th 2009, 09:54 AM

yeh i left a cup downstairs once and it was on a coaster on the table in the TV room where no one could knock it , then i went and got something to eat from the kitchen and walked back in and my dad had knicked my seat and changed the channel so i was angry and went upstairs forgetting about my drink and i suddenly heard him screaming my name and he had knocked it over , he screamed and screamed at me and told me never to take a drink out the kitchen. how in hell could he knock something over on the table on a coaster? hees blind!!!!!!!!
i just had a word with mum then about him and i goes "he really does need anger management" and she said she aggrees. he bullys her alot but she jst says she goes along with it and tryes to not let it get to her. i just wish he would moove out or something because he makes our familys life hell! he made my brother run away once because he dident make the seccond interview on one of his jobs he got offered. my dad started screaming at him and the next thing i knew my brother was chucking bags down the stairs and was out the door.

i end up taking my anger out on a pillow or something soft cuz thats whhat i got taught in anger management. and i really do try not to let him get to me but sometimes its really really hard.

thks for the advice x

You don't know about my past, and
I don't have a future figured out.
And maybe this is going too fast.
And maybe it's not meant to last,

I AM A BANANA

imi , sophie , me

Closed Thread