TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
swimmer92 Offline
Average Joe

Name: KP

FRIENDS!!!GRRRRR - April 22nd 2009, 04:42 AM

So I have these two people I thought were my best friends. The first one, we hung out all the time, we were always together. I was really mentally unstable at that time and she knew that. She helped me so much, but then she got a boyfriend. We havent talked in two months. She never talks to me even though her lock is next to mine. She never has time for me any more and I told her this was going to happen but she did not believe me and its not like im jealous or anything, im just mad that she never has any time more me anymore.

The second one helped me through so much. She was my only friend who knew I cut and she helped me stop. But now she always ditches me for the upper classmen. For example, we had an assembly the other day and she said we should sit together so I waited by her locker for 10 minutes, so I decide to go to the gym, and I see her sitting by the people she always ditches me for. And it hurts me when she does that.

Im not sure what I wanted out of posting this, maybe to vent. But if any one has advice that would be lovely

Everything was beautiful and nothing hurt.

Always? Always.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
star_crossd Offline
Color Me Chaotic
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Sam

Re: FRIENDS!!!GRRRRR - April 22nd 2009, 04:50 AM

Hey KP. Writing just to vent or for advice always helps either way

Ugh. I hate when friends lose touch over something as trivial as a bf/gf. I mean, really, chances are the relationship wont last long but friends are always there. Why people ditch their friends for a boy is just beyond me.

Its hard, I know, because you trusted both of them, but I think you need new friends who are reliable and who you know will always be there for you. Because leaving you for a bf or for upperclassmen is just really bullshit.

Yesterday I saw you kissing tiny flowers
But everything that lives is born to die
And so I say to you that nothing really matters
And all you do is stand and cry.

Music is life. Start living.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
swimmer92 Offline
Average Joe

Re: FRIENDS!!!GRRRRR - April 22nd 2009, 10:22 PM

I have other friends but these girls have been such a huge part of my life for so long. And I care about them a lot, I dont think I could just move on. Idk maybe I should. Its just so frustrating!!!!

Always? Always.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
lorilou Offline
Not a n00b

Name: Lori

Re: FRIENDS!!!GRRRRR - April 22nd 2009, 10:58 PM

Hey =]

I'm really sorry to hear about your friends, and I have to say I know exactly how you feel. I was in the same exact situation - my two bestfriends ended up .. "moving on" from me, if you could say that.

I will tell you what my boyfriend told me, because it helped me. He could see how upset I was by all of this happening, and he wanted me to be happy. He said, "Make new friends. And stop waiting around for them to change, if they left you behind like that, then they're not worth it." And you know what, it's true. Like the other poster said, the relationships probably won't last, and it's their mistake for completely ditching you.

Start talking to other people in your classes, ask someone you don't really hang out with to do something or have lunch sometime. Be open to people you don't usually talk with. I'm not saying drop these girls completely, but don't wait around for them to come back. There are lots of people out there to be friends with!

(#5 (permalink)) Old
swimmer92 Offline
Average Joe

Re: FRIENDS!!!GRRRRR - April 22nd 2009, 11:05 PM

I might do that, just do other things and not wait for them. I just really care about them and I really dont want to lose them. They were the ones who kept me from killing myself a few months ago. They mean a lot to me

Always? Always.

Closed Thread