TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
jamie :) Offline
was broken_inside
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Jamie

Hated - January 12th 2009, 08:51 AM

Hey,
Well i got told by my mum yesterday morning that I aint wanted by my family anymore. Ok so this has happened before and I have managed to get them to atleast let me stay. I dont know what to do, they havent thrown me out, yet. I want to go home and I want to sta as part of the family.
Yeah they treat me like crap and think that the only time they should talk to me is if they want to have a go at me, but they dont know anything that I go through. They dont know how hard life is for me. I have not cut for about 2 months, they dont know I ever did. They dont know it was them that made me do this.
LIke I said the only time my mother talks to me is if she feels like an argument then creates something to fight about. I usually cry myself to sleep if this happens, Its like I spent most of my xmas been bullied by my family for everything. It was one of the worst times I've ever had.

As you can tell I'm new to posting threads so this may not make much sense.
What should I do?
  Send a message via MSN to jamie :) Send a message via Skype™ to jamie :) 
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
angeleyes08 Offline
Angel Eyez
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Shye

Exclamation Re: Hated - January 12th 2009, 09:03 AM

Ok what i think is maybe your family is struggling with some kind of internal issues maybe you should try and find a trusted professional to handle this issue. On top of that you should prepare yourself to talk about this issues with your family you know that they will fuss and try to fight with you but u should really bite the bullet this time and let them say whatever they need but make sure you at least attempt to find out whats wrong if things do not work that way then plan a is a definite go.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
jamie :) Offline
was broken_inside
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Jamie

Re: Hated - January 12th 2009, 09:09 AM

Thats the thing, what I try to do is just let all the abuse come at me and then just go upstairs and get rid of the anger in some other form. But this is hard for me and its all getting on top of me now
  Send a message via MSN to jamie :) Send a message via Skype™ to jamie :) 
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Claire Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Claire

Re: Hated - January 12th 2009, 09:37 AM

Can you sit down and talk to your mum? Just the two of you? I'd try and calmly ask her what it is that you do that makes her and your family so and. Explain that you love her and you just want to be happy and get along but your obviously dong something wrong so if she talks to you, you ca try and stop it. Even if you know what it is, or even if you have no intention on changing, just by asking her this will hopefully make her feel guilty and make her want to talk to you about things. She's your mum and I know she loves you, no matter what she says. You don't just stop loving your children.

Don't just take the abuse Jamie, they'll know they can do it then. Tell her how much it upsets you. Tell her you want to work things out, even if it means going to a family counselor together. Just try and show her you are willing to work at this. If she still says no, then you have done everything you possibly could to make things better and its not your fault. I hope it all goes well, all the best x

(#5 (permalink)) Old
OMGWTFBBQ Offline
Useless
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Stacy

Re: Hated - January 12th 2009, 04:14 PM

Just remember that you haven't got the problem, your mum has, and as for the self-harming, there are more constructive and less painful ways to let out your anger and hurt.

I really don't know what to say, i wish i did

Closed Thread