TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
RebelAngel Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Slipping away?? - June 10th 2013, 03:52 PM

So....I met this guy online on Twitter. At first it seemed we were so different, and there would be no way we would ever become friends. But we started talking and there was a connection......

Now he's my best friend and we've been talking for more than a year. He knows everything about my past, the things I've been through and the things I am still dealing with. He was always there for me, even though he is 5 years older and lives at the other side of the world. He doesn't judge me for who I am, and he's the only one that really knows me.

But lately he's starting to act weird. When I sent him messages, his answers are just short, almost ignorant and meaningless. I have no idea why he's acting like this. Although I know he's dealing with a lot of things at the moment, I don't know if that's the reason. Maybe he's just sick of me.......

I just don't know what to do anymore. His messages are just hurtful, and I don't think I'm able to deal with it much longer. On the other side, I just can't afford to lose him and I don't want to live this life without him, the only person who has accepted me for who I am.

If any of you have been in this kind of situation, please reply,
Thank you <3

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Bem Offline
Hurricane eyes.
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Em

Re: Slipping away?? - June 10th 2013, 06:25 PM

Ahh, I've been in a really similar situation before, but I'm not sure how much help I'll be.

Try just talking to him, asking him what's wrong. Don't make it about you (why are you being mean? etc) or act angry, even if you're hurt, just let him know that you've noticed a change, and you want to make sure he's okay. Check if anything's changed, if anything's wrong etc. If he opens up, good, support him and fingers crossed things will go back to what they were, or at th every least, he'll stop being so cruel.

Failing that, let him know he's hurting you, see what he says. He may honestly not realise it, and if he does know and doesn't do anything, maybe he's not a good a friend as you thought.

Personally, when a similar thing happened to me, I didn't press him because I knew he was going through a tough time, just let him know I was there, whether he wanted support or just someone to chat to, and I would be no matter how long he didn't reply for. A few months on, and we're okayish, we don't talk as much but they're nice conversations.

Hope I helped, feel free to PM if you want to talk anymore c:

I'm perfectly normal; it's the rest of the world that's insane.

"He offered her the world."

"She said she had her own."

1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Digit. Offline
Perfect INTP stereotype
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Jason

Re: Slipping away?? - June 10th 2013, 06:43 PM

I agree with Em

just talk to him about it
he may just be dealing with something and doesn't have the energy to be accommodating
or he might not even know he's being like this
guys prefer more direct requests with things like these
Don't be blunt but do bring it up

P.S. welcome to TeenHelp

Every heartbreak we go through makes us the perfect person for our soulmates. Shaping us into what they've always been looking for.

Need to talk, PM me.

To people(like me) who think asking for help annoys people I say:
It would bother me if you DIDN'T ask for help.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
RebelAngel Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Slipping away?? - June 10th 2013, 07:46 PM

Thanks to the both of you.....

This afternoon I sent him an e-mail, explaining how I felt......And since we've been talking for this long, I kinda knew what he would reply, but of course I wasn't sure.

He said he was trying to be mean.....(happened yesterday, he made a pretty mean comment about a very sensitive subject) But he did that because he cares about me.....

Everything's okay now.......at least I hope.....He had surgery a week or two ago, and he keeps saying he's fine and okay (I don't think so though) .....I'm just worried about that now

You were both right I guess
1. he didn't know and he didn't mean to
2. he's having a tough time, which is also a reason we haven't talked to much
3 the talking worked

Thank you <3

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Digit. Offline
Perfect INTP stereotype
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Jason

Re: Slipping away?? - June 10th 2013, 07:54 PM

No problem
glad it all worked out
if you ever need any more help you know where to find us

PM/VM me anytime you need anything

Every heartbreak we go through makes us the perfect person for our soulmates. Shaping us into what they've always been looking for.

Need to talk, PM me.

To people(like me) who think asking for help annoys people I say:
It would bother me if you DIDN'T ask for help.

Closed Thread