TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
bakibal Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Lightbulb No Where to Go, someone help - June 30th 2013, 05:22 AM

my friend is 16 and homeless , i want to help but i cant, i live too far away, i can only go see her once or twice a week, and my parents wont let her stay with us. i wanna know how i could help.

we tried food stamps, jobs, everything. how can someone who is 16 and isnt allowed to get any form of identification ( why because her mom is a jerk face and she cant get anything with out a parent present) get her self out of her situation.

would someone hire a kid, idk anything, please

i need real answers, already tried all of the obvious things

(#2 (permalink)) Old
MsNobleEleanor Offline
Resource Editor

I can't get enough

Re: No Where to Go, someone help - July 1st 2013, 01:41 AM

Hey There,

Welcome to TeenHelp!

I'm not sure what Country you are in, but in different Countries the laws and Government are different, so I can't give a whole lot of information regarding that. What I can help you with is some information.

Has your friend been to a Government agency at all to explain the situation in detail? Also, your friend is 16 and doesn't have any ID whatsoever? Could she request this from her mother or go to the police? Another thing I wanted to ask, why is she on the streets? Did something happen? There are laws around abuse if she is being abused.

You can help your friend as much as you would like, but if she really needs help she also needs to make the steps forward to getting support and help, by calling shelters to sleep, food banks, Government agencies for welfare. You could however help her to get those numbers and addresses, but she would need to call, you can call for her but they may want to talk to her.

I think you are being a very amazing friend to her that is really amazing!

Sometimes, when we see others in need we want to help as much as we can, but that person also needs to do work to finding that help.

Take Care,

Alergnon

Have questions or would like to chat send me a PM
+
Senior Article Editor | Newsletter Editor | Resource Editor
Outreach Ambassador | Social Media Guru
Community Moderator | Forum Moderator

Closed Thread