TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Jess~ Offline
Senior TeenHelper

Name: jess

Is he my best friend? - July 12th 2013, 11:22 PM

Hey,

So, I've always had trouble making friends. I never had a lot, was never really popular, and I've never felt like I actually had a best friend.
My 'best friend', whom I've know for 8 years now, I never really clicked with her. we decided at a young age to be best friends. Now she only calls me bff so I don't feel bad. She's a girl who knows everyone and has thousands of back up best friends. I'm pretty sure she moved on secretly a long time ago. (Btw, I've been meaning to talk to her about that lately, but I'd rather do it over text...but her brother always has the pphone that they share. Which brings me to my next part...)
So I've been on the lookout for a new bestie for a few years now. People I really clicked with either moved or we lost touch. Others were already claimed by a best friend. And others I just didn't see it happening.
So I was brushing my teeth last night, thinking about a text conversation I'd had with my 'BFFs' brother...and then it hit me. I can say anything to this guy. Right now, we're texting back and forth quotes from our fave tv show. Once we had a convo about wubs and dubs. dont ask. I feel really comfortable with him. My only troubles are...

I have a hard time talking to him IRL. He gets embarrassed I feel weird. he's not exactly attractive, and has a lot of acne, so I have a hard time looking at him.
There are times I've crushed on him. There were times he cryshed on me. There are times we both hated each other. ewhat's with that?
I've always wanted a guy bestie, but I imagined him really mmanly. Athletic. A joker. I imagined a perfect love story, where we'd eventually marry. This guy is a nerd, absolutely does not do sports, and someone id never marry.
High schools coming up. Do you think I'll find a best friend there? Guy or girl? It's not a crime to have multiple besties, right?
Should I bring this up with him? Or can it be a thing inside my head. honestly, i don't know how he'd react to us being best friends, although once in truth or dare he said I was his. Idk if that's changed...

Answers and tips are wanted, please deliver. thanks in advance.

~Jess

i don't know what i'm supposed to do
haunted by the ghost of you

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Chuuya Offline
I hate milk.
I can't get enough

Name: Lauren

Re: Is he my best friend? - July 14th 2013, 07:41 PM

Hey there,

Sorry you haven't gotten a reply yet! I know how it feels to not really have a best friend, I don't have many friends and none of them really qualify as a best friend. I've found it you go out and just search for them, it's a lot harder to find them. Just be friendly and talk to some new people and see what they like, don't be determined to find a best friend right away. Best friends start out as strangers!

With this other guy, he could be your best friend. The thing is appearances don't mean a whole lot. He's still a nice guy who you feel you can talk to, and you can just keep talking to him and see where that friendship goes!

At this age a lot of friends do drift away, especially when you get into high school. I think you will be able to find some new friends in high school. You can start by talking to people in your classes, checking out some clubs that your school has, or looking into some sports or after school activities.

I hope this helped a bit! Good luck!

"You'll have to decide for yourself. Walk on your own. Move forward. You've got a strong pair of legs, Rose. You should get up and use them."

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Jess~ Offline
Senior TeenHelper

Name: jess

Re: Is he my best friend? - July 15th 2013, 01:18 AM

Thank you so much for your reply, you don't know how much it means.
You really cleared a lot of my thoughts up, thank you. Hopefully everything will kinda work its way out...

i don't know what i'm supposed to do
haunted by the ghost of you

Closed Thread