TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Jess~ Offline
Senior TeenHelper

Name: jess

My brothers disgust me .-. - July 14th 2013, 03:24 AM

It's come to a point where I can't be in the same room with them when they're eating, unless I'm preoccupied.
I'm one of those people who when someone even breathes loudly it bothers me. and when people chew food...with their mouth closed, I get annoyed. When people chew with their mouth OPEN??
FORGET IT!!!

Both my brothers do it. My littlest one does it because 1, he's already really gross 2, he does it to annoy me and 3, he's little but not that little. Still, come on.
My middle brother is a bigger problem. See, I can ask my littlest brother to stop. If my mom is around he'll stop, but start up mindlessly in a few minutes. If my mom isn't around, he'll lean closer and do it more.
But my middle brother? He thinks he's perfect. He thinks he doesn't do it at all. He does it the worst. And if I ask him as politely as possible to stop, he'll rage out and shout, "OKAY MS I'M BETTER THAN ANYONE I'LL STOP BUT I WASNT EVEN DOING ANYTHING!!!"

I'm sure I have a problem too. Small sounds annoy me, but at least I can deal with it subtly and quietly. But when surrounded by two boys who fart in faces, flick boogers, burp in ears, spit, and more...I can only handle so much grossness.

How can my brothers stop chewing with their mouth open and how can I ask Mr Drama Brat to stop it without him blowing up in my face?

i don't know what i'm supposed to do
haunted by the ghost of you

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Riddikulus Offline
The magic word... expelliarmus
I've been here a while

Name: Ask me :)

Re: My brothers disgust me .-. - July 14th 2013, 08:09 AM

Brothers are gross and can be really annoying. It sounds like they enjoy the reaction off you, perhaps while it's actually going on, ask them politely once to stop, if they continue ignore it. Eventually they should get bored of trying to annoy you. Then afterwards talk to your mum and say that you know that they're doing it to get to you and ask if she'll speak to them about it.
Don't give them that reaction that they're looking for, hopefully they'll stop soon

'Never do anything that you wouldn't want to explain to the paramedics'

Helplink mentor 19/03/11
LiveHelp operator 25/04/11
Self Harm Mod 30/07/11
Chat Mod 16/01/12
Chit-Chat mod 7/05/12
General Health mod 13/10/12
Buddy 4/06/12

RIP Peter <3

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Always * Offline
I can't get enough

Re: My brothers disgust me .-. - July 14th 2013, 11:51 AM

Hm... I was thinking that little things bugging you like that reminds me of autism, cause things like clothing textures, noises and food textures are huge things that can really bug someone in autism... NO I do NOT think you are autistic, it's just the thing that popped to mind, noises bugging you IS NOT what i'd use as a symptom of your having autism by any extent of the imagination (it's not even a symptom, it's just something common in people with ASD's)...

So any how, brothers can be annoying, my brother used to chew really loudly too and usually noises don't bug me but loud chewing is one of those things that just disgusts me to be honest, it's just a horrible nasty noise. But brothers love to bug their sisters. Snapping at them or being annoyed isn't likely to get you far. You could always just be like "hey, do you mind being a little quieter when you chew?", being polite is less likely to get a negative reaction

Feel free to PM me if you ever need to chat or have questions

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Jess~ Offline
Senior TeenHelper

Name: jess

Re: My brothers disgust me .-. - July 14th 2013, 05:37 PM

@Riddikulus : I have tried talking to my mom...she just snapped at me and later said sorry and that she's just frustrated with their inetiquette. I mean, apology accepted and all that, but she hurt my feelings, and you can't take that away ever.
So long story short, I can't talk to my mom. I won't.

@Wallflower : Hmm...I guess it does sound like a part of autism. But the sounds don't drive me crazy, I mean I can deal with them. But it would be nicer if they weren't there. And like I said in my first post, politeness does not work. Nothing does. I ask my middle brother to stop politely, he screams at me. I ask my youngest to stop, it differs.
But after they continue, I pretend to ignore it. But that doesn't make it any less disgusting.

i don't know what i'm supposed to do
haunted by the ghost of you

Closed Thread