TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
overthinker Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Emma

Exclamation Fight to stop fighting - July 17th 2013, 12:12 PM

Before, when I was around 12 my parents always told me that I should stop complain and grouch when they were ask me something and etc. So I started to didn't answer anything when they spoke to me. If what I said before was not fine, I don't have anything to say more. I try to don't fight with my parents, but it's like impossible. There is always something wrong. Even if I try to do my best and make a lot of efforts. I don't want to talk bout this with them or i'll start to cry and be really stressed... Also, because I answer anything , they are more angry but I don't know what to say. This bad relation that I have with them makes cry frequently and I really don't feel good. I feel alone, not connected with them,lost... I don't know what could I do with that "stuff".
Thank you for reading my post

sry I'm really bad in English,
Emma

~Dreaming is believing. ~

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Chuuya Offline
I hate milk.
I can't get enough

Name: Lauren

Re: Fight to stop fighting - July 18th 2013, 08:33 PM

Hey there,

I'm sorry to hear your situation. I think all of us have some trouble getting along with our parents, but you have to remind yourself that most of the things your parents want you to do is for the good of you. I think it's important to sit down with them and talk about what's going on. I know you said you don't want to do that because it'll make you stressed out, but I think if you leave it how it is now it'll just stress you out even more. You can't run away from your problems. You need to face them directly and head on.

I think you should sit down and figure out what your parents expect of you, and listen to them when they talk to you. Try to make a real effort to get these things done. Nobody likes to be grouched out when they ask someone to do something, I know I sometimes complain as well, but you've got to try to treat your parents a little better as well.

I don't think ignoring them is helping your situation either. Ignoring people just makes them upset and angry, it's better to talk things through and just do what they ask you to do, so it doesn't become a problem later. Tell them that you feel like you guys aren't connected, and that you are trying, but you've got to put out a little more effort.

I know sometimes it seems impossible, but it's not. You can do anything you set your mind too. Just get up and make the decision to change for the better and sit down and talk with them. See where it goes. Life's too short to stay angry at your parents and develop a negative relationship with them. They're there to help you through life and learn.

I hope this helped a bit, good luck!

"You'll have to decide for yourself. Walk on your own. Move forward. You've got a strong pair of legs, Rose. You should get up and use them."

(#3 (permalink)) Old
overthinker Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Emma

Re: Fight to stop fighting - July 19th 2013, 07:36 PM

thank you , I'll try to do it, , you are the best x
Sincerely,
Emma

~Dreaming is believing. ~

Closed Thread