TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Princess Zelda Offline
Mrs. Sykes
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Danni Lawson

Unhappy My mother in law. - August 10th 2013, 12:58 PM

When I first started dating my husband, my mother in law loved me. She said I was the best girlfriend he has ever had, and she was glad I was a positive influence on him. I kept him on track, and tried my very best everyday to make him feel better about himself. In high school, my husband got bullied a lot. He was a typical high school nerd, and I was the one to take up for him. My mother in law loved that I wasn't afraid to be seen with him like the other girlfriends he had, and that I was always honest with him. When we got married, she was even happier, and loved the fact that I was part of her family. We did everything together like a mother and daughter would. Shopping, hair, nails. Not too long after my husband and I got married, we decided we wanted a baby to add to the family. When we found out I was pregnant, it was still sort of scary, even though we knew we wanted a little one, we didn't expect it to be so soon. My birth control failed. I got pregnant a year before we were going to try. I told my mother in law before I told anyone. I don't speak to my parents much, so she was the one I trusted. She was super excited. She helped plan the baby shower, bought us a brand new crib, and was even there when I had her. She held my hand through the whole journey. Now My daughter will be 4 months in five days, and lately my mother in law has been treating me differently. I can clean the house, and she always finds something I do wrong, I can make dinner, and its always something she doesn't want. I can be sitting there and playing with my daughter, and she walks up and takes her to play with her. I wanted to breast feed my entire pregnancy, and we all agreed I would, but now she is acting like it's the wrong thing to do. I'm just not sure what I'm doing wrong. Why has she changed so much over 4 months? Is it something I've did? Please help.

~For better or worse, I'm married to the music~

(#2 (permalink)) Old
xxpaigiexx Offline
Up In The Clouds...
I can't get enough

Name: Paige

Re: My mother in law. - August 10th 2013, 08:14 PM

Hey there,

I know exactly what you're saying about tricky mother-in-law's my boyfriend's mother is one of those. Adores me, but can quite easily turn on me.

Anyway, I think you should ask her out right what the problem is, for some reason she has a bee in her bonnet and I doubt you'll know the answer until you speak with her. Maybe you aren't doing things to her liking- which is not your fault as you now have a baby and other priorities. You're a new mum, so you're still finding your feet with your daughter. It is up to you and your husband how you choose to raise your daughter and although your mother-in-law has a right to an opinion she should not be telling you that you're doing things wrong.

Best of luck,
Paige

Facta Non Verba
Deeds not words

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Princess Zelda Offline
Mrs. Sykes
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Danni Lawson

Re: My mother in law. - August 11th 2013, 12:34 AM

Thank you Paige. I suppose you are right. I have been putting it off because I didn't want to offend her, but I suppose it is about time that I face the problem. It's not going to get any better until I do.

~For better or worse, I'm married to the music~

Closed Thread