TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Welcome me, I'm new!

Unhappy My mom is driving me nuts - April 25th 2009, 01:14 AM

Hi. Let me just start by saying I'm new here for the second time, seeing as I can't seem to get into my old account (lol).

Where to start...?

Well, basically everything started a few years ago. To start at the very beginning, my sister and I have been raised in a sort of religious house by both our parents. We believe in God and The Bible and have always been raised to believe in Christianity. My mom was also raised in church and was a firm believer.

SUDDENLY one day I'm sleeping and I hear my mom saying very disturbing stuff against God. Saying things like "God is an a-hole, God is a d-ck." My head wanted to explode and I cried for like two days, it was seriously traumatizing for me to be a 14 year old girl led to believe something and then suddenly the person who taught me this is going against it herself.

I'm now twenty years old and it's still going on. Every single day I hear my mom lashing out at The Lord. Lashing out at my dad. She has said that she wants to kill my sister, my dad and I. She says she wants to kill her parents, her siblings, herself. She has TRIED to attack me, and we have had physical fights more than once. She has attacked my dad with tubes, brooms and even a bat once.

On January 5th of this year she attacked her mom and disappeared for two days so the police wouldn't catch her, because my dad sent the police after her. This caused my aunt to have a fight with me and physically kick me out of her house because she says my mom is a "saint" and I'm "the devil" for trying to get her in jail or a madhouse and that I just want the house for myself. I couldn't care less about the stupid house. But I'm the devil for caring about the safety of my grandmother and the mental stability of my mother. Right.

Unfortunately, after everything that has taken place I still don't have the support of anyone other than my dad and my younger sister. We don't speak to her so as not to anger her, yet still she yells at us every day. I have contemplated murder on more than one occasion because I can't see a way to escape from the madness. It's eating me up.

She won't accept the help of anyone. She won't go to a psychiatrist, therapist or anything. Unfortunately my dad doesn't have a job and neither do I because he's disabled and I can't find one due to the pathetic economic state of my country, so there's no way for us to just get the heck out and rent an apartment or something.

Please, someone, just help me somehow. What can I do so as not to go crazy? I can't seem to convince her to get help no matter how hard I try, so how can I do something so I can at least help myself and my little sister and my dad? I really don't know how much more I can take before I just strangle her or smash something on her face.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Strider Offline
Tash-la
I've been here a while

Name: Nat

Re: My mom is driving me nuts - April 25th 2009, 04:34 AM

(Just to let you know, the forum was reset and so everyone had to make a new account. That's why you can't get on to your old one. Welcome again )

What you really need to do is contact the police. Your mom may not be accepting help and you have done all you can to urge her and convince her to do so. If your mom is threatening people and physically abusing them, then that needs to be dealt with. It doesn't matter if it's in the past or recent. The police need to know. What she's doing is illegal, and you're not doing yourself or your family any justice by keeping it in. Fix this the right way and call the authorities. There's no use getting yourself wound up in a problem the police can- and should- handle.

I think it's important for you, your sister, and your dad to be in a safe environment. Take care of each other and stand up for yourself.

Remember that it's not what your mom believes that defines your views. Even though she taught you to begin with, it's obvious that she doesn't believe the same thing anymore. Just believe in what you believe in and don't be upset that your mom has changed her mind. You can still have your views.

Still keep up the job search as much as you can. I know the economy is doing terribly and it's really difficult these days, but keep sending resumes in to places and do your best to stay strong and keep trying.

Stay strong.

Nat.

http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/40/signaturep.png
The great artists of our time are the ones who created something timeless. But it was never them defining it that way.
Everyone has a story. What's yours?

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: My mom is driving me nuts - April 25th 2009, 08:52 PM

Thank you very much for your reply.

Actually, I have contacted the police quite a few times now. There was even this one time that they turned on me, said that I'm already an adult and that I don't need my mom's support anymore. Basically they said the odd one out in the house is me, which is true, but come on, my sister is still 16, are they forgetting about her?

Social services (I think that's what they're called...) came to my house and my aunts told them that my mother is responsible and that we're lying about everything. The authorities don't exactly care. I'm pretty sure they'll care once she stabs someone, but as of this moment they don't really make an effort.

Last time, when she hit my grandma, we managed to get a court order to put her in a psychiatric hospital for evaluation for 24 hours. If she turned out to be unstable she would stay for 15 days instead. Apparently she's fine. She put on a perfect little mask and fooled everyone. She came back home and the first thing she did was scream at me while my boyfriend was present that she's not crazy and that we can't put her in a madhouse. Which made my boyfriend think that she's crazy. Ironic much?

Closed Thread