TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
RainbowClo Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

unsure - August 21st 2013, 08:43 PM

hi
im new to this website.
my parents argue a lot, and i dont no what to do. i have a perfectly good life and am treated very well.
but theres always my parents arguing.
what shall i do.
i dont want them to spilt up

-RainbowClo

(#2 (permalink)) Old
coolkid98 Offline
I've been here a while

Name: Jenny

Re: unsure - August 21st 2013, 09:11 PM

Hi there, firstly welcome to the site I'm Jenny and its nice to meet you. Its good to hear that you have a good life and are treated well.

Sorry to hear your parents argue a lot, you could try talking to them about it. If you feel you don't feel like you could talk to them you could try telling them by writing a letter and leaving it somewhere you're parents will find it. Whats your relationship like with your parents?

I see your worried about your parents splitting up, have you talked to anyone about this? If not, then I would suggest doing so. You could always talk to another family member, relative, teacher, trusted adult or friend.

Hope this helps, take care.

I'm here if anyone wants to talk, I'm always here. Feel free to VM or PM me

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Chris Offline
Outside, huh?

Name: Chris

Re: unsure - August 23rd 2013, 12:07 AM

Welcome to TeenHelp, I'm Chris.

I just wanted to let you know that at one point my parents fought alot too. First off, what seems alot to us, might not actually be alot. And there is also alot of different types of arguing. Most relationships have successful arguments, in which they solve and issue, and in which research has proven to actually further deepen the relationship. However, some fight in a negative way that actually causing more problems then solves.

Them fighting is not because of you, or anything related to you. People fight. With or without kids. In a marriage, or not in a marriage. Everyone fights. However please understand that just because they fight, doesn't mean they are going to split up. If they do split up (which they may or may not do), then understand that you are not alone, because now adays, most marriages don't last.

My point: you can't stop them from fighting, and if they decide to get a divorce (which I'm not saying they are), you also can;t do anything to stop that. However, the only thing you can do - is let your voice be heard. Tell them that you don't like it when they fight, and it makes you upset. They may then realize that they need to change their communication pattern(s), and solve the issues that have been causing them to fight in the first place.

Best wishes,
Chris

Chris
I hope you know that you deserve it all. The best, the most honest, the most beautiful purest love in the world. Not only to be loved by others, but to be loved by yourself. To look in the mirror and think "Yes, I'm exactly who I want to be". To speak up and be proud of yourself. To be brave and open. You deserve the nicest and most caring people to walk into your life. You deserve it all, you know. The whole world...

Closed Thread