TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Unlucky Guy Offline
Never lose HOPE ❤❤❤
Average Joe

Name: Kunal

Why are friends hard to keep...? - September 8th 2013, 09:07 AM

I've always considered myself a nice person. Maybe not too friendly but friendly enough when I get to know you. I think I'm a loyal friend. However, I think my problem is trust and forgiveness. I have problems trusting people especially if something has happened and well it's difficult for me to forgive. It's probably not even a forgiving issue but I don't forget about whatever happened easily but I won't speak to the person again. It's definitely what has contributed to me losing a lot of friends in the past but at the same time I feel as though my friends haven't been as loyal to me as they have thought. Anyway, this has landed me in messy situations in terms of keeping friends and probably even making new ones for some time. So any suggestions? Is it me? or is it just the people?...

When you think you are not happy with your LIFE,

Always know that someone is Happy simply because YOU exists...

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Rivière Offline
Par la rivière
I can't get enough

Name: Sarah

Re: Why are friends hard to keep...? - September 8th 2013, 01:41 PM

Not all people we meet are right for us. Some people like yourself are not always trusting of others. This mistrust isn't really a bad thing because it just makes you more cautious and in turn allows you to find out which people are better as friends and which are not. Sometimes the people we meet are not always suitable because there are conflicting interests and beliefs as well as other issues such as personality clashes and personal issues which can play a part on the strengthening or the pushing away of a friendship.

It can take time to find someone who we can consider a really good friend. I find that in my life I find it's much easier to make online friends because there's a wider range of people online than in the town that I live. This is because I find it easier to be more social and interact through font and text than I do through actually meeting and speaking ot people face to face in-person. Some people are better suited to online friendships whereas other people find they prefer in-person friendships because of their social skills. This can be where the difficulty in finding friendships comes from. It's not you that's the problem or anyone around you it's just that you have your own way of meeting and making friends to some of the people you've met.

Remember though that friendships can take effort, if you're intending to keep a friend it takes effort through contact and communication to retain a friendship. The lack of friendship can deteriorate a friendship over time and then friends lose touch and cease being friends any longer. For you, you may find that in-person contact is a lot of hard work whereas you find it's a lot easier to speak online because it's easier to meet all kinds of different people from different backgrounds, ethnicities and cultures which allows you to get to know people on a larger scale. It's not an issue that you may prefer to make friends this way and nor does it mean that you or the people you meet are at fault, it's jut part of who you are and part of who they are.

Life is for living, not for losing.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Unlucky Guy Offline
Never lose HOPE ❤❤❤
Average Joe

Name: Kunal

Re: Why are friends hard to keep...? - September 9th 2013, 11:58 AM

Thank you...

When you think you are not happy with your LIFE,

Always know that someone is Happy simply because YOU exists...

Closed Thread