TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Call me Rose

Friend Wants to Move - September 8th 2013, 04:47 PM

My best friend wants to move due to her not liking her family, so she'd be moving in with either her Aunt and Uncle or her Grandma. Both of which are far away. I really enjoy them as a friend, and long distance just doesn't work well for me. Is there anything I can do? I really worry about them and their depression and don't want to see them going away, unable to care for them.

Last edited by LostInMyLittleBox; September 8th 2013 at 05:07 PM.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
CrusadingAvenger Offline
An Inspiration
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Mark

Re: Friend Wants to Move - September 9th 2013, 12:20 AM

Well, has your best friend told you when she'll be moving? If she hasn't moved yet, you just need to make the best out of the days that she's still there before she goes. When she moves out, find a way to keep in touch like exchange phone numbers, communicate through social media, write letters to one another, e-mail, etc. However, as far as trying to get her to stay, that might be tough. I suggest that you have a talk with her about it and tell her how you feel about her moving away. If you can't get her to stay, then just take what I said earlier on in this post into consideration. Best of luck to you.

“The main thing is realizing that even if you feel terrible for a while, that’s not how you’re going to feel the whole time. . . . Things change if you just keep moving.” - Gary Vaynerchuk

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Call me Rose

Re: Friend Wants to Move - September 9th 2013, 04:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by friendlyguynextdoor View Post
Well, has your best friend told you when she'll be moving? If she hasn't moved yet, you just need to make the best out of the days that she's still there before she goes. When she moves out, find a way to keep in touch like exchange phone numbers, communicate through social media, write letters to one another, e-mail, etc. However, as far as trying to get her to stay, that might be tough. I suggest that you have a talk with her about it and tell her how you feel about her moving away. If you can't get her to stay, then just take what I said earlier on in this post into consideration. Best of luck to you.
Thank you so much for your advice, I'll keep it in mind

(#4 (permalink)) Old
CrusadingAvenger Offline
An Inspiration
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Mark

Re: Friend Wants to Move - September 9th 2013, 12:35 PM

You're very welcome; glad I could help.

“The main thing is realizing that even if you feel terrible for a while, that’s not how you’re going to feel the whole time. . . . Things change if you just keep moving.” - Gary Vaynerchuk

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Chris Offline
Outside, huh?

Name: Chris

Re: Friend Wants to Move - September 13th 2013, 12:26 AM

I agree with Mark.

You know, sometimes we don't have control over somethings. When we don't have control over things, please note that you still have control over how you respond to those things/events. So while you may not like your friend moving, it actually is probably best for her to do so. When/if they move away, as Mark said, try to keep in contact with her. Send them letters, or funny pictures via mail or email. Use Facebook, Twitter, or other social media outlets to stay connected with them. Text or call them once in awhile. Now adays, there are so many things you can do to stay in touch! Her moving away doesn't mean you will lose the friendship. I have actually even seen friendships strengthen by distance.

Keep your head up, and support her with any decision she makes.

Best wishes,
Chris

Chris
I hope you know that you deserve it all. The best, the most honest, the most beautiful purest love in the world. Not only to be loved by others, but to be loved by yourself. To look in the mirror and think "Yes, I'm exactly who I want to be". To speak up and be proud of yourself. To be brave and open. You deserve the nicest and most caring people to walk into your life. You deserve it all, you know. The whole world...

Closed Thread