TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Jess~ Offline
Senior TeenHelper

Name: jess

'friend' isn't being a friend at all. (might be some strong language.) - November 1st 2013, 05:40 AM

I remember back in middle school...every guy was liked by someone, and sure, I would've liked them. But I didn't want to like someone that my friends already liked, because I knew they liked him first.
Real friends do that kind of shit for each other. (Whoa guess there is gonna be cursing.)

So, at school, there's this guy I've liked for, imma say, about a month. I think i was actually making a lot of progress, and I'm 95% sure he liked me back, too.
But every story has a villain, so lemme introduce you to the Bitch. I hate her.
So, she's the type of girl who cries over every little thing, always needs to get her way or she'll whine, and is WAAAY overdramatic. She's a freak. she cries because she's 'so ugly' and then goes on seconds later about how she wants to be a model, and poses with her stupid duck face for a selfie. She's also guy crazy, and moves on from guy to guy like a freaking maniac. Seriously, she'll 'like' a guy, just because he made her laugh the one time they hung out. But then she'll stop liking him, for something as stupid as 'omg he pranked me *cries* omg ommg he stopt talking to me so he could get to class on time omgg wah I'm gonna cry." Shes that oversensitive and crap...oh my God, I hate her.
So, I used to be her personal therapist, awhile back. Yep, that's me. Jess, who helps with so many problems no one knows she has her own! I can't tell you how many times that wimp called me, crying, because "omgeeee nobudy at shcool likez mee *cries*" I would help, but you can't just say, "well maybe you can consider um...NOT being an over dramatic queen gets-whatever-she-wants. Sound good?"
So yeah, we got to talking...and when she wasnt crying or asking me to do crap for her, we actually had a nice talk. I even told her who I liked. Haha...I hate her.
See, what I hate a lot is that, if I can't help her, I'm just another person, and she walks away without saying a word to a different victim, after crying that "I'm the only one who will listen *criees*"
So she obviously doesn't care about me. At all. I'm just another face to her. It's all about her and her problems. And when she dragged me to the bathroom to check her makeup for her, I knew she was trouble.

So...yeah...this guy. Oh man. This guy. He's the guy of all guys. I freakin love him. Not love, love but love...know what I'm sayin?? Anyway, so yeah, I really like him, and have for awhile now. We've had some good talks, but mostly we've just made eye contact. lots and lots of eye contact.
So today, in bio, the Bitch sat across from this guy...I was sitting two seats over. It seemed like a perfect class. When the idiot sub moved me away from them, thanks to miss Bitch talking to me and me telling her to shut up, so she got to talk to him. And of course, she didn't get caught. because she's perfect.
So at the end of biology, she asked if I still liked this guy. I said yeah, of course. Then she whispered that she liked him too, and looked at me all proud and freakin happy. Like I would be happy for her. i hate her. I seriously felt something die inside of me at that point. Why? This chick has a perfect face, perfect hair, and perfect body. and here I am...me. just me. I don't stand a chance.

So...yeah. I had this hurt feeling in my stomach all day. But it was worst when the school had a Halloween parade. I was talking with my friends because they were in my class when we had gone outside to the parade. The dude was in a different class, but the chick was in my class. So I was looking for the guy when I finally found him...talking to the Bitch. I sat there, watching the whole time, as she flirted like crazy, and they wrestled around. She even let him steal her stupid chapstick so she could grab his hand to pry it out. And she didn't let go.
I noticed that the whole time the stupid love birds were playing, the guy kept looking over in my direction, but that was probably just coincidence. Right? I mean, who would like me over her??

What the hell do I freakin do.

i don't know what i'm supposed to do
haunted by the ghost of you

(#2 (permalink)) Old
SouthernBelle. Offline
InsaneAnnie
I've been here a while

Name: Anna

Re: 'friend' isn't being a friend at all. (might be some strong language.) - November 3rd 2013, 12:47 PM

*hugs*

Yeah, I had a friend exactly like this. I had my eye fixed on one guy for six months, before I finally plucked up the courage to say anything to anyone about liking him. I told the exact wrong person: My friend Ashley, who decided that she was going to talk to him for me. So she talked to him, and ended up liking him, and asked me if she could try to date him instead of me, even though she already had a boyfriend. Who she was promised to marry, mind you. Long story short, they ended up walking around together, not holding hands or anything, but walking to breakfast every morning. Whenever I plucked up the bravery to walk with them, I could get him to laugh. She couldn't. We had one class together, and I kept talking to him... Not really brazenly, just acting all shy and stuff, because naturally I was. I heard it through the grapevine that he wouldn't date Ashley because he liked me, but I didn't act on it. A year later, I made a move, and I'm dating that guy. Quite seriously.

My advice to you is not to wait it out. Stick your nose in their business. If they're talking to each other, walk up to Bitch, and start talking to her like he's not even there. Be your funniest, most charming self. With any luck, you'll get his attention. Then you can kinda "put your foot in the door," as the saying goes, and take him away completely. Look at it this way: If she's gonna be selfish and try to take the guy you like, you have every right to do the same thing. And, with her talking to him, you have an excuse to get closer to him: Talking to your friend.

Yes, I'm devious. But hey, it worked for me, so maybe it'll work for you too.

Anna's Personal Keys to Happiness
1. Do what you want within the bounds of reason, whenever you want to, and regret nothing. 2. If you have an opinion, don't beat around the bush, or there isn't a point in saying it. 3. Don't keep the company of anyone who won't like you and will try to change you.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Jess~ Offline
Senior TeenHelper

Name: jess

Re: 'friend' isn't being a friend at all. (might be some strong language.) - November 3rd 2013, 01:35 PM

Woah. O.O
Okay, first of all, thanks for actually replying!!! Awesome advice...I can't wait to go to school. >:3

i don't know what i'm supposed to do
haunted by the ghost of you

(#4 (permalink)) Old
SouthernBelle. Offline
InsaneAnnie
I've been here a while

Name: Anna

Re: 'friend' isn't being a friend at all. (might be some strong language.) - November 3rd 2013, 01:56 PM

You're welcome. And thanks for calling my advice awesome! I try.

If you don't mind, keep me updated! I wanna hear how this thing goes, lol.

Anna's Personal Keys to Happiness
1. Do what you want within the bounds of reason, whenever you want to, and regret nothing. 2. If you have an opinion, don't beat around the bush, or there isn't a point in saying it. 3. Don't keep the company of anyone who won't like you and will try to change you.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: 'friend' isn't being a friend at all. (might be some strong language.) - November 6th 2013, 03:36 AM

Faces are faces, but personality is what matters, when he sees what a hag she is , im pretty sure u can take him

-Colorful_Outlooks

Fall down 99 times, get up the hundredth.

Closed Thread