TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
CrusadingAvenger Offline
An Inspiration For The Broken
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Mark

To be or not to be? - November 3rd 2013, 03:35 AM

Quite frankly, I've been on and off with this little "issue" going on, and I feel like it's getting to a certain point where I'm beginning to wonder if this person I care about truly wants to be my friend and get involved in my life or not. So, some of you may already know that about two months ago, I befriended a girl who used to get bullied and SH herself before. In the beginning, things were going good. There were times that I was worried that she resorted back to SH since during those times, she wasn't talking to me like she used to. After confronting her about it and letting her know that I'm there for her all the way and she can tell me anything, all was settled and we talked again.

However, now I'm beginning to doubt that this girl wants me to be her friend. She gave me her phone number about a month ago when I asked for it just to keep in touch with her in case we don't see one another at school and it's a way for her to text/call me at any time if she ever needs to, but every time I text her once in a while, she never texts back at all. Here's another thing: I decided to give her a call today, and when I did, I heard the phone pick up, but then the call got ended. It wasn't even a failed signal or anything like that. I just noticed that she picked up the phone, then ended the call...It's just not making any sense anymore. When I approach her in person, she seems pretty content on the one hand. On the other hand, whenever I text her just to see how she's doing, or just calling her (which I did just now), it's a whole different story. It's like she doesn't even want to talk to me at all, and all I'm doing is just annoying her.

Could this mean that she's indirectly telling me that she doesn't want me around in her life as a friend anymore? Honestly, I don't know what to make of this. I'm planning to confront her when I see her at school, but the thing is now, I hardly ever see her around. She didn't move, but I get the feeling that she's avoiding me.

What do you think needs to happen?

“The main thing is realizing that even if you feel terrible for a while, that’s not how you’re going to feel the whole time. . . . Things change if you just keep moving.” - Gary Vaynerchuk

(#2 (permalink)) Old
coolkid98 Offline
I've been here a while

Name: Jenny

Re: To be or not to be? - November 3rd 2013, 12:07 PM

Hi Mark, I think you should defiantly confront her about it, if you feel she is avoiding you then you could maybe ask someone else to have a word with her on your behalf. Have you tried trying to organize meeting up with her to talk things through?
Hope things improve, Jenny.

I'm here if anyone wants to talk, I'm always here. Feel free to VM or PM me

(#3 (permalink)) Old
CrusadingAvenger Offline
An Inspiration For The Broken
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Mark

Re: To be or not to be? - November 3rd 2013, 01:52 PM

Hey Jenny,

So, I'll definitely confront her, but the thing is there's no one else that I can ask to have a word with her since majority of the time, she prefers to be by herself. Well, I want to do that, but she's been ignoring my texts and even my call from yesterday. I'm probably going to try and contact her one last time to ask her to meet me up somewhere at school to talk things through, but at this point, it seems unlikely that she'll let me talk to her through texting/calling. This is just confusing me to be honest since I really don't know what she wants. I want to be there for her, but I feel like she doesn't want me to be there.

Thanks for the wishful thinking, Mark.

“The main thing is realizing that even if you feel terrible for a while, that’s not how you’re going to feel the whole time. . . . Things change if you just keep moving.” - Gary Vaynerchuk

(#4 (permalink)) Old
coolkid98 Offline
I've been here a while

Name: Jenny

Re: To be or not to be? - November 3rd 2013, 08:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by friendlyguynextdoor View Post
Hey Jenny,

So, I'll definitely confront her, but the thing is there's no one else that I can ask to have a word with her since majority of the time, she prefers to be by herself. Well, I want to do that, but she's been ignoring my texts and even my call from yesterday. I'm probably going to try and contact her one last time to ask her to meet me up somewhere at school to talk things through, but at this point, it seems unlikely that she'll let me talk to her through texting/calling. This is just confusing me to be honest since I really don't know what she wants. I want to be there for her, but I feel like she doesn't want me to be there.

Thanks for the wishful thinking, Mark.
Hi,

Yeah, I think all you can do really is confront her about it. If not, you could maybe ask one of your teachers to have a word if you wanted? Take care.

I'm here if anyone wants to talk, I'm always here. Feel free to VM or PM me

Closed Thread