TeenHelp

TeenHelp (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/)
-   Education and Careers (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f22-education-careers/)
-   -   Girl at school saw my "cuts" (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f22-education-careers/t125724-girl-school-saw-my-cuts/)

Jess~ November 20th 2013 01:52 AM

Girl at school saw my "cuts"

So today I was feeling really down and drew a bunch of lines on my wrist in red pen. In Spanish class, this junior girl saw my arm and asked if I was okay. When I said i was fine, she said that she would always be there to talk.
When i got home, i realized how real the "cuts" looked. And...i dunno...I feel really weird that she thinks I cut? What do I do...? Do I just let it go or what...?! I dunno why it's bothering me so much... Is it wrong that this bothers me?

Ennui. November 20th 2013 01:59 AM

Re: Girl at school saw my "cuts"

I think that you may want to let it go for now unless she brings it up again. I don't think you really have to explain yourself to her or anything unless you want to and just let her know you were having a hard time that day and it was an alternative for you, but you don't have to explain it if you don't want to, and if you let it drop, maybe she won't mention it again.

But, I don't think that it's wrong that it bothers you. I think I'd be a little worried or bothered if I didn't tell someone about my self harm (or, they saw something like lines and thought it was self harm) and they found out anyway, since well, I didn't want them to know to begin with. Is that like what's going on with you?

She does seem really nice and like a support system though, so at least that's good!

JustACityBoy November 20th 2013 03:36 AM

Well, my motto is that it doesn't matter what people think if they will never affect your life.
She's a junior so you guys may never meet again.
Other then that, she seems fine and she'll probably understand it if you guys do talk or bring it up in the future.

Spirit. November 20th 2013 04:19 AM

Hi Jess,

Putting myself in such a situation, I could that it would bother me too, maybe not for the same exact reason, yet, it would bother me. So, it's perfectly understandable. I would suggest, at the same time, that you try and let it go, because it's affecting you, not her, and when it continues to do so, you're going to wrack yourself with unnecessary worry.

On the other hand, you could always thank her for her concern and let her know that you're okay. At this point of time, what's happened has happened, and an option would be to be thankful that it waa someone who showed concern and care rather than someone who was nasty and mean about it. Don't feel bad. You have no reason to. :hug:

Hope you feel better about all this soon :) do message me if you need anything :)

Jess~ November 20th 2013 04:34 AM

I guess what's really bothering me is that I was really making a big deal out of nothing when I drew those...see, nothing was really even wrong, i just felt hopeless and lost and sad. Is it normal to randomly feel like that??
But I just feel weird about it all... Thanks for the advice though :)

Spirit. November 20th 2013 06:54 AM

Hey Jess :)

Feeling hopeless and lost, I wouldn't call it wrong. It was just what you were feeling would have led you to draw those lines because from somewhere or the other; it reflected what you were feeling within without you knowing it. It happens. I won't say it's normal or abnormal. It just is. You shouldn't feel bad for yourself. Maybe it was a big deal and you don't really want it to be a big deal, so you're waiving it off?
Either way, it's definitely not nothing, and you shouldn't feel like it's nothing. You are important and everything that you think and feel is important although it may seem trivial, you never know how deep down it goes. Know, however, that you'll be alright and we're always here if you want to talk, would like to share anything, no matter how small you may think it may seem :)
x